Released RCCO eX ZERO | Extreme Electric Racing Comes To rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I'm not a fan of electric cars, I didn't really like the Formula E cars, but the new electric cars are still interesting and difficult to drive and are quite fun. Besides, it does no harm to offer a lot of choice to any Sim. The cars have much less grip than I expected and understeer very much at least with the default setup. The cars look very good and as the real motorsport is slowly but surely going in the direction of E this is quite understandable. Some of the comments here are ridiculous, it would be like writing to Adidas that they should please take the shorts and the red overalls out of the program because I don't need them and I don't like them.

But I still have an idea, if you couldn't give this car a sound generator (which is also available in real electric cars), I think you would get a few more people to test the cars. This one could be added optionally.

2. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I'm using an 20Nm Simucube 1 wheel.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

[​IMG]

I mean..there are literally tons of better electric/hybrid/whatever prototype cars to license and ask money for...

mantasisg likes this.
  4. Filip

Filip Registered

And what if they refuse?

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Furthermore...can rF2 simulate a hybrid car propperly?

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

2 crucial questions :

1) can rF2 realistically simulate a hybrid system ?

2) For me more importantly, rF2 can realistically simulate an AWD system? : Marco from SlowMotion had said a few months ago that there were some things missing to properly simulate the AWD aspect of the Palatov D4.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Ever tried to license a car before? Didn't think so.

Everything is always easier from your armchair. "Why don't you do this?" "Why isn't this here?" "Can't you just ask for this?"

I am convinced someone of you don't live in the real world and even if you do you forget how money and sometimes the lack of it works. There isn't an endless supply of it. Just because you WANT something, doesn't mean you can get it. Didn't your parents ever teach you that simple concept?

Sure.... stamp your feet and say "But I want it!" and see how far that gets you.

Comante and U. Daniel like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't know if the simulation of an AWD car in rF2 is realistic.
    We have AWD cars, but there is no any hybrid car in rF2. Is it possible to simulate a hybrid system? (realistically or not)
    Can rF2 simulate a car with more than one engine?

pilAUTO likes this.
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I don't want something just pointing why the Zero isn't working for a paid DLC... better releasing it for free with benefit to people interested on that esport event no?
    (Just note I didn't write "I want this" just posted an example of alternatives to that zero car...so if you can't afford none of them better nothing than looking "ridiculous" on the SIM scene specially if you are called rF2 IMO)

About licenses, I know how it works the point here is quite different...better nothing than that car.
    Raceroom licensed the Cupra, can you figure why?
    Because they know it would be a success and featured on multiple races/events (some leagues are racing it actively).

Now...if you know your game right now suffer lack of real life cars and tracks licenses (finally SPA after years of Silverstone) or it is bashed for it's bugs...makes more sense licensing a car you are pretty sure will sell well, a bad one no one asked for (and potentially detrimental of your work until now) or nothing?

Looks like the one who knows anything about licensing and how market works is you here...and please save us from your "if you don't like it don't buy it" because the same can be applied to the whole game at this point...more you piss your userbase less they will buy stuff, suggest your products to others and so on...

So please tell your parents to teach you the difference between a kiddo pointing his feets and someone pointing there is a serious flaw on your market choices...

PS: this car collides with their statement about leaving fictional cars and tracks out from rF2 too...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  10. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Any news about the Corvette C8.R? ;)

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

All I know, you won't find it in this thread

pascom, Emery and Filip like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

perfect, the humility cure will take it in sales, I wish you luck

13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Adding content is fine but what about physics ? what about tyre ? Aero ?
    They need to update their core engine first, otherwise new content would also suffer because underlying physics are not good.
    There is quite big room for improvement so big that i don't even need any data, just go out and drive or see how fast laps are achieved.

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. Comante

Comante Registered

In all honesty I don't think you have the means to say so.

15. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

But is it though? You know for a fact that this choice is bad for them? Got numbers to prove it?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Filip likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sheesh. I didn't buy most of the DLC I have until it was on sale, and some of it I haven't bought at all. Didn't mean I had to go on about why I wasn't buying it.

Don't want it? Don't get it. Go drive whatever you DO like.

juanchioooo and privatebrian like this.
  17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah but Lazza.... don't you get it? S397 made a bad decision to make this car.... this sim will now fail because of concept electric car, nothing good can come from this!! The whole game is ruined! All the marketing geniuses in here know how to PROPERLY promote this game, yet don't have a job to market this game, but still know they would be better at doing it.

REPENT!!! NOSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN! This game will now fail because of one piece of DLC! REPENT!!!

pkelly likes this.
  18. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

This car has started me thinking about what the sim racing will be in years to come. Assuming the future is in electric self drive cars? That presumably reduces the number of real drivers. The increasing need for safety may increase sim racing. But what would sim racers if the future be racing if there are no real cars to simulate? Will it all be fantasy and theoretical cars?

How will we know if they are realistic? or does it actually matter?

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

You are acting more like a fanboy/troll to be honest at least I try to explain my point without being provocative or unrespectful...
    Probably your parents didn't teach you how to be educated/not provocative.
    Btw, you don't need to be Nostradamus, just read around the various forums (well known or not) and you will notice how badly was perceived (specially because it is a paid DLC too).
    A good example is Battlefield V (another game genre) but wrong decisions were the reason behind the bad reputation...and to be honest better being vocal now than later for rF2...

Elcid43, Dady Cairo and juanchioooo like this.
  20. traind

traind Registered

I used to agree with your last sentence. However, I live in the United States and there are a lot of people right now, mostly young adults, stamping their feet and saying they want things on Twitter and there are also a growing number of politicians saying they want to give it to them. "You took a loan but now you don't want to pay it off? Ok, let's have other people pay it for you". Unbelievable, actually.
    I still agree with your sentiment but I am no longer sure it will apply in the near future.