Released Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Now Available For rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 20, 2020.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Unfortunately I have to say that the AI in the rain is an absolute disaster.
    Please fix that.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which AI? GT3? mods? GTE? Tatuus? The newly announced work around for racing in the rain is the save the track surface while it is raining. Like during practice or Qualifying. Then load that for the race itself. I haven't tried it yet so I can't verify it works.

3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

GT3.
    Nothing of them helps..

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thought so. But I don't think this is so much a track issue as problems with the GT3 cars themselves. There seems to be a fundamental handling flaw with the GT3 carset. While the AIW file may not be perfect, it is most likely not the main culprit, The GT3 cars themselves, especially the Merc are at fault. Now this is a SHAME since GT3 is the 24hr core series at Spa. You would think, that with Nords & Spa that depend upon GT3 cars for a large portion of their 24hr fields, S397 would hopefully have discovered the cause and issued a cure.(and if Bathust, Rolex24 or Road Atlanta someday joins the Laserscanned package of tracks, there too you would want picture perfect GT3 AI behaivior.)

memoNo1 likes this.
  5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great track but is the AI is very slow here?
    With the Ferrari GTE , AI at 110% I’m one second faster and I didn’t do even a perfect lap.

6. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Raced a 3-hour WEC style multi-class race, LMP2, LMP3, and GTE. LMP2 ai cars sliding off track at numerous corners. Also noticed ai cars not passing back markers on the pit in lap, I thought this was fixed.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The AI following a pitting car HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. None of the yellow flag issues, none of the rain/dry tire issues have been fixed. (although there is a work-around for the rain tire) Almost all development has been targeted at the UI, Online Comp system, and graphics. Very very VERY little has been pointed directly to benefit offline racing. Some AIW fixes for tracks like Monaco.

Grahame Myers, TJones and Team Dano like this.
  8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Bought it thanks
    Needs less detail for “track detail “ graphic settings med & even less for “ low “ to help fps

I’ll shelve it for now

( same as new monza )

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I understand your reasoning, requiring fps improvements, but the general trend for S397 has been to add graphic features that unfortunately also impact framerates. Getting them to reverse course, even as an option might be as difficult as getting the Titanic to turn.

10. Stefano Vidale

Stefano Vidale Registered

I think that this track has some performance issues. I understand that this game needs better quality tracks but
    it's strange to do 90 fps in the first lap and in the second lap only 30/50 without reasons.
    Currently the rfactor's biggest problem is optimization, but I think they will fix all the problems with the time ( I hope...)

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

is it me or SPA is the best looking track ? no flashy green trees like Monza or Nordschleife..

12. Emery

Emery Registered

13. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Learning something new each day, eh ;-) Thanks, Emery.

14. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Let's hope it's not another MICKY MOUSE chicane, the one at the end of the lap is bad enough, I still enjoy the track though. Too many tracks have been spoilt with Micky Mouse chicanes and really tight hairpins.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Huh? What chicane?

There's no chicane being added. In fact, I believe no corners are being changed at all - it's purely about the runoff areas.

16. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It was meant as a more general comment of what has been happening to a lot of tracks over the past few years.

17. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Hi IS it possible to do in more older track with thé chicane liké 1993 ?

Hazi likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is incredible, they have not finished the work reforms yet and they already want it updated? ... hahahahaha:D:D:D:cool:

19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

I saw some photos with changes to eau rouge potentially. But it is supposed to be just gravel traps and new grandstands.

juanchioooo likes this.
  20. Bumble

Bumble Registered

FIM Endurance World Championship is running 24 hours at Spa in 2022, run off is a bit of an issue on a motorcycle in certain areas at Spa given the speed you can carry (I didn't, rolling seemed more sensible) into areas like Eau Rouge / Kemmel.