What S397 car content for rF2 for the not far future ?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Apr 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Newer FWD street/race cars maybe quite bulky and looks too much like a cheap aftermarket mod.
    Watch this TCR onboard,its is literally sliding through corners especially faster one like eau rouge,pouhon and blanchimont->>

And here is the image of new 2020 version of the car in the video->>
    IMG_9305.JPG

IMO it looks amazing. 350Hp,410Nm and weight less than 1300 Kg(1250 Kg appox wayy less than gt3 and gt4 cars). Not to mention it got aerodynamic designed with the help of new 3D printing technology.
    BEST THING OF ALL to drive these cars fast you NEED oversteery setup.

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I think one of the real tricks to creating convincing FWD cars in sim's is with (besides good physics) the FFB. FWD cars need to convey all of the same things that other cars do in FFB but, also include torque-steer. It's a difficult balance to achieve, and one that also relies on balanced FF-wheel settings on the user side.

For example, having the proper amount of ffb-damping is more critical with FWD cars, or torque-steer can ruin the results. When setup effectively, we can better detect front traction-loss resulting from under-steer / application of too much power, or some combination of both (assuming TC is not used).

Striking a good balance between maximum acceleration and minimal under-steer with FWD cars is key. It's a matter of finding and maintaining the right combination of steering & throttle inputs throughout the turn, perhaps even the entry phase where the front tires need to "pull" the car through the turn. It's a different style of driving.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  3. traind

traind Registered

I do like some of the suggestions in this thread but I am going to go in a different direction..... why not add the street legal sports cars? Maybe street legal versions of the current GT3 roster?

Street legal sports cars would add some fun for simulated track days and I think it would bring new users to RF2. Look how well AC did with its street car focused DLCs. A lot of people might get interested if S397 added cars like the 488 Pista, 765LT, GT2RS, M4, AMG GTR, Supra and C8 Corvette etc. And, as they come out, cars like the Valkyrie and T50.

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Race cars only, it's a racing sim. The only reason street cars seem popular in AC is because there bundled with proper race cars. The reason I bought the DLCs was to get the race cars, not the street cars, I never drive the street cars no matter how exotic. I know GT3 and GTE cars are derived from street cars but so they are so far removed from the street car.

Hocician likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@traind sorry mate, you can't want that because some other people don't want that. Simple :rolleyes:

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Interesting perspectives :D
    Road Cars Only, it's a driving sim. The only reason, race cars seem popular in rF2 is because they're bundled in packages of GT classes, that everyone can drive everywhere while getting wrecked at T1 at Monza...oh wait, no there is no stock-modern-Monza.
    How can a rAcInG SiM not contain of Modern-Monza, when it has GT3? Anyway, losing track here.
    The reason i bought the DLC in AC were the road cars, because they are the true experience, who cares about driving a GT3 amateur car in circles, when you can drift a 370Z sideways through each corner at Mugello? Whait...the 370Z is japanese pack content, isn't it? Of course nobody would prefer the boring GT3, when they could drive an exciting JDM car sideways! :p
    (can contain of ironic mouthness)

But to be a bit more serious here, a little wishlist:

In terms of race cars...I still miss the actual Super GT or Super Formula in the physics focused sim titles. But the mentioned GT4 class really would be a nice thing to look forward to. These cars have more differences inbetween their class, than the GT3 cars and need a different driving approach.

In terms of road cars...NSX and Corvette overhaul would already be a major thumbs up from me. The NSX was really fun to drive at something like Oulton Park.

In terms of vintage cars...drivetrain/transmission overhaul + Lotus Elan S1
    ...i mean, look at this cutie...she's so happy to be on the road ^_^
    8e4a1790-6957-4abc-8272-0ffe5ebf7d73_lotus-elan-s1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    traind and dazzer like this.
  7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

People are asked here to give their opinion. Not to impose their opinion and their vision of rF2. Thank you.

+1

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  8. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It's my opinion is that rF2 is a racing sim which means race orientated cars what ever they may be. I just wonder how many people would have bought the street cars in AC if race and street cars were separate DLCs. If S397 produce street cars I just hope they don't bundle them with race cars. It's my opinion that it would be a bad move if they bundled them together.

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm also on race cars only boat, If we are driving on track then why not drive race cars. If anything the driving experience is better in race car since the cars is focused purely on performance.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And that's cool.

There are all sorts of 'racing', including people doing track days in their street cars. If some people would like to do that in rF2, why not? It doesn't have to be everyone, it doesn't even have to be most people.

Personally I wouldn't want normal brakes, no point having brakes fading completely 4 laps in. But rF1 had some very good (for racing) mods that were barely above street level, I'd certainly much prefer that to fictional cars doing 450kph (to use an extreme example in the other direction).

dazzer and CrimsonEminence like this.
  11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

No one here i think like fictional car, i'm pretty sure most people are disappointed about new electric car.
    cars that looks street but are race cars like the M2 CS in RF2 yea i dont't mind that at all. Infact I own M2 DLC and like it as well.
    But actual street cars with back seats and all the creature comfort in mind rather than performance....hell NO.
    there are plethora of old and modern race cars that NEEDS to be in RF2. like FWD cars, AWD cars, Hybrid LMP/F1, V12 F1 and customer race cars (ferrari FXX ,Vulcan ), Gr.C and after all these there are still RALLY cars that are HUGELY missing in any sim today and seems like no devs are taking notice of it.
    If i had money i would actully build a rally and hillclimb sim with official cars with track PLUS 3rd party mods allowance and i will be rich in no time. Who doesn't want to drive realistic lancia 037 on snowy tarmac of monte carelo ?

12. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

That just sounds RBR and DR2.0 with extra steps.

13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I haven't played RBR but i'm pretty sure it is pretty dated physics wise not to mention sounds and graphics are not acceptable by me.
    DR 2.0 is arcade,i played it for like 10 hours and uninstalled it YEARS ago. Unfortunately missed my refund window.
    There are no rally and hillclimb SIM in the market. No amount of modding in AC or RF2 etc can compete with properly developed rally simulator with cars made with official and real data .... so mods are way out of the question.

14. TTM

TTM Registered

It's a really sad that there is not any serious developer who wants to make proper rally/hillclimb sim or include them to their games. All just want to make racing game with GT cars and same racing circuits.

Hopefully someday there will be new "RBR", but atm i don't have much hope.

Slip_Angel likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Like the GT3s? :p

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The 99.9% American audience whose only exposure to auto hill-climbs would be Pikes Peak. (and that only reduces the percentage down to 98%) Coverage of SuperTouring cars only reached the States in the mid to late '90's and that is still a practically non-existent audience here. To older Americans, racing started and stopped at the Bricks of Indianapolis. Rally & Hillclimb coverage is teeeeny tiny. So with that large audience eliminated, your fortune depends upon aging Euro folks who eat snails or pies filled with sheep meat. ;)

17. traind

traind Registered

Fwiw
    RBR's handling model is fantastic. Not only is it not outdated, it is better than every modern rally sim. Now graphics, ok they're outdated, lol.

And to speak just a bit to your no street legal car position.... they can be very entertaining. Two of my favorite cars in RF2 are the 488GTE and 488GT3. Take the GT3 version.... reduce downforce quite a lot, then reduce mechanical grip because of street legal semi slicks instead of slicks and a more compliant suspension, add 300lbs because it's a street car but then add 120+ horsepower because, lol, it's a street car. Now you have the 488 Pista. Faster on long straights, need to brake earlier and yes, it's slower through the corners but you get to play with oversteer to you hearts content due to excess power and less grip. Overall lap times are slower by quite a lot but playing the throttle like a violin and riding the edge of grip as violently as you want.... that makes up for it. Fun.

And all you people thinking AC dlc only sold because of the race cars.... you need to put your thinking caps back on. Yes, established simracers prefer race cars but people lurking just outside? Ever heard of Gran Turismo and Forza? Ever seen the street car list in those titles? Anyone want some of those people looking to get into a PC title to consider RF2? Think maybe a few quality street legal supercars might help do it? And some of us simracers love sports cars too. I can only afford one irl so I want to drive others in a great handling sim!

Filip likes this.
  18. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Is there something wrong with gt3 ? i'm sorry but this is an honest question as i don't own any gt3 car.

19. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

You are underestimating the popularity of rallying and hillclimb.

20. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I actually used to drive (well mostly drift) 488 gtb in AC but nowadays i don't like sliding apart from sliding near the peak of grip.
    not because i can't drive or anything
    i want a precise,fast,edgy race car this is fun way more than driving/ sliding a heavy street car.