CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean-Michel Loriaux

Jean-Michel Loriaux Registered

Is it possible to join split 6 ?

2. Marcel Kempenaar

Marcel Kempenaar Registered

Congrats, well done on both races! I thought I might be able to challenge you a bit, but my race pace sucked. Also, didn't expect most others to match their qualifying pace in the race (some even improved by over a second!). To those guys; if you improve your Qualy speed, you have even more chances of scoring the big points.
    Overall, even with just 9 people, I've seen a lot of clean racing, was fun!

Now though, I'm a bit worried what will happen with split 6 as it seems the top 5 will be moved to split 5 and no active drivers will come from split 5 to 6, hopefully Jimmy is able to find a way to combine these splits. Then we can have a 20+ field again, and it feels weird that you have to stay behind Aleksey :(

3. If you have not raced in s1-s6 then no, Split 7 is open for anyone who wants casual racing. Rest is closed.

Jean-Michel Loriaux likes this.
  4. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

@Jimmi. Please confirm the Indi layout, 2014 GP?
    Regarding user, how can I send a PM to Christopher Elliott? I did it over discord but no answer -> Done thx for the advice below Lazza

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He created nearly every recent thread in the news section. Go into one of them, click his name, then Start a conversation.

6. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

@Jimmi Allison Is it the right time for sending skins for the last two races now? Probably some drivers of our team advanced to Split 4. If you plan to remake the mod before Indianapolis race for Splits 1-4, may I send skins for them?

7. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

It's late for GT Pro but maybe not for GT Challenge - the Indianapolis track is cool, but could really use some proper (sized) brake markers. There are corners for which its almost impossible to use or spot them, especially critical for lower split races I would imagine.
    Looking at recent real life GT races on the track, they have really big brake markers + some sponsored banners doubling as brake markers, so adding some touches like that would be very cool and I imagine easy to do.

Timotej Andonovski likes this.
  8. If there are liveries in already then no, i am sure its ok to only have one livery for 6 rounds. If i advance someone into it i will contact them.

9. Violet Pelletier

Violet Pelletier Registered

how do i find split 7

10. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Member

You search 'GT Challenge' in the server browser after 1900 on race day when the servers open up and you should find it

11. Turkka Häkkinen

Turkka Häkkinen Registered

I'd like to ask for clarification on the starting procedure.

Last round, multiple drivers in split 1 race 2 were not doing 80kph under pit limiter when the leader started the race. Some drivers slow down to warm their brakes in the starting zone and then try closing the gap to the next car, but as the leader can go at any time, they get caught doing >80kph and, in some cases, gain a significant advantage over the others. Even the more subtle jump starts can make a difference when it comes to beating the driver beside into T1.

Where is the line drawn when it comes to jump starts? Are drivers allowed to close the gap to the car ahead in the starting zone?

12. I would suggest people catch up before the last turn, if people cant do this without cheating the start or at least catch up and be on limiter before the leader starts, report them.

13. David Serra

David Serra Registered

14. Unfortunately not, with that many splits etc its a bit too much, also i need to be able to whisper to specific splits. You can connect to several servers including your own at the same time if you need to communicate with others.

15. David Serra

David Serra Registered

okay, I had to try it ;)

16. @Cameron Rodger
    @Bozo Fujs
    @ Tom Kubik (username..?)
    @Filip Fojt
    @Alexey Zagorodnev
    Are being promoted into Split 4, you are able so submit livery here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/PSB0t1VXC7dMM6DE2VDl
    Templates are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x1g0p16d7o8vmsv/AACcIbBM5EoEaY80bUUa_Dxya?dl=0
    naming: s397_gtc_yournumberfromhotlap.psd
    Any other submissions will be ignored, its only to give these guys a livery for the final 2 races. Deadline is saturday at 23:59 (and yes CET), so i can spent sunday on getting the mod ready.

Bozo Fujs and Cameron Rodger like this.
  17. Matt Richards

Matt Richards Registered

Can I just confirm as i'm slightly confused on this one. Does this mean the last round can be used as a drop score, or can't be?

18. That is actually a bit confusing.
    Drivers CANT use the last round as drop round, only round 1-5 (the least scored) will be used as a drop round.

19. Chris Vacca

Chris Vacca Registered

what version of indy are we going to be using on monday?

20. David Serra

David Serra Registered

2014 gp

Chris Vacca likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.