Released Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Now Available For rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

They won´t add the kart track according to marcel, iirc. Maybe it has to be licensed separately.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Haven't been following everything. IDK if it was mentioned that AI brake check there:
    [​IMG]

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Haven't seen any reports of that with other cars...

4. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Might have missed this but is there any plans to add the Full Endurance pitlane to it?

5. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

There are already two versions, one of which is the endurance version, where you have to drive the whole length of the pits, and then exiting up at Eau Rouge / Radillon. Which endurance version do you mean?

Yuriznikov likes this.
  6. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Just finished a replica 2020 6 hour at Spa, 3 hours, 1330 start 2x time acceleration. Great work on the track Studio 397.:cool: I didn't notice ai cars not passing lapped traffic on the pit in lap, must have been fixed. Hopefully the other tracks will be fixed also.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    B. Gant likes this.
  7. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Love this track, and runs well on my old (???) i7 7700 and 1070. The detail is just awesome.

I may as well add to the others asking......please do a decent modern Bathurst.

8. Yuriznikov

Yuriznikov Registered

Ah, i couldnt find any screenshots about it, haven't got the track yet as the selling point would be the endurance pitlane for me :) (on a very tight budget lately). Thanks for confirming!

9. bears

bears Registered

I am trying very hard to like this track visually it is spectacular but for offline racing it’s well not spectacular...

the AI consistently lose their rear on the sweeping curves and when they hit the curbs they seem to lose all control The gt3 are by far the worst but I have seen gte cars doing something similar it’s all very frustrating... maybe it’s just me ?

Like I said it’s visually amazing but nothing kills immersion more than coming around every second corner and finding yet another AI crash has blocked the road!

I do hope 397 have not forgotten their offline racing customers altogether and are doing something about this... all the other DLC tracks have been top shelf this one for me unfortunately is a massive disappointment

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

GT3's are poor when controlled by the AI at many tracks. I think they mis-behave more than other cars, don't know why tho. Try the GTE cars see how they do.

11. bears

bears Registered

Yeah I did and they were going ok but they still have frustrating issues and in the end spa is about the 24 hour race so I would think gt3s performing at this track would have been high on 397 priorities... I guess Le Mans and Nurburgring have been so enjoyable and I had high hopes for Spa and it’s just been disappointment

which also raises my suspicion that offline experience is not really important to 397 atm

and before I get back in my box it makes it worse when I can run 60 apex gt3 cars and have a really enjoyable experience tight racing with few AI incidents

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  12. Magus

Magus Registered

I had a 24 lap race with 21 GT3 AI set at 100. Personally didn't see any major incidents or heard 'yellow flag' too often. I qualified 3rd, worked my way to 1st, led for a few laps while two close behind, then pitted in lap 13 but completely screwed up my pit entry and took far too long. Came out in 20th & finished 19th.

davehenrie likes this.
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've not seen the GT3 cars crash "on every other corner", they do have a few problems but for the most part I've raced without major issues against them,
    try these basics;
    - backup/move your player.json file
    - run the Sim and let it create a fresh player.json
    - let the track Rubber in
    - make sure you let the AI Qualify
    - now see what happens.

If you're still having problems please post your exact AI settings, #of AI, #of individual GT3 Cars (how many Audi, Merc, BMW etc). Thanks

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    buzz hornet likes this.
  14. bears

bears Registered

Thanks I will try these hints

buzz hornet and MarcG like this.
  15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

You can lower also ai mistakes in the player.json, if it is more than 0.

16. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I’ve run the GTEs with no issues with AI. That’s with a full 57 car grid. The GT3s are rubbish no matter the grid size but not all GT3 cars. Running AI calibration did nothing, giving the AI a custom setup did nothing. Remove the Merc and Porsche and you’ll have a much better outcome. The Merc cannot ride the curbs. The Porsche I’ve seen randomly swerve and do a tank slapper a couple times, bizarre! It also can’t ride the curbs at the first chicane. I can’t see how adjusting the track AIW will fix the GT3 AI issues. The Mercs problems are well known I would think by now but if not, watch a replay of it lapping spa with the other brands and see how differently it behaves.

17. bears

bears Registered

Yes I agree... i should clarify I think my GTE issues were actually LMP2 issues impacting the GTE's but I have seen GTE's almost tip when hitting a curb but its nothing like the GT3's...also I can run 60 apex gt3 cars and 45 enduracer cars (seperately I mean) with default setup and no special prep (eg changing json files etc) and both of these have had minimal AI issues. All very frustrating for offline use...

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

The Porsche 911 Cup is a mess at Eau Rouge/Raidillon . They cant get through it without a massive crash

R.Noctua likes this.
  19. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

The more we advance in time, the more we realize that AI and offline experience are a huge problem.

S397 will take care of this, the question is when (it is urgent) and with what seriousness and commitment.

makan and R.Noctua like this.
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Can you fix a fix in Spa please? The AI always stops to change tires during rain races. Even if I let the training and qualifying go through. It's very frustrating. I want to race in the rain.