[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Registered

Yes, I tried.
    Writes the same thing.
    09/14/20 20:09:37 Error: Can't create output subfolder:
    09/14/20 20:09:37. \\ DAMPlugin \ LOG \ IC18 \
    09/14/20 20:09:37 Error creating file:
    09/14/20 20:09:37. \\ DAMPlugin \ LOG \ IC18 \ 2020-09-14 - 09-20-37 - Louisiana - Indy Grand Prix - P1.ldtemp

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Open the DAMPligin.ini and write the exact path.
    This should work

Arcturus likes this.
  3. Arcturus

Arcturus Registered

Thank you friend!
    God grant you health! May people around you greet you with a smile and all your affairs will be successful!

Lazza and lagg like this.
  4. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes Registered

Reporting an issue due to a Windows 10 update that by installing the latest DAMPlugin version fixed the problem.

After a Windows 10 update last night the Logs started taking a very long time to be finished after I pressed Esc. If I tried to close RF2 while a log was still being processed the game would not finish exiting and basically freeze my desktop.

Thanks for your great plugins Lazza.

5. emanuele267

emanuele267 Registered

me toooo sigh

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Pedro Gomes thanks mate, did fix that issue with the latest version so glad you found it.

@emanuele267 get the latest version. It fixes it.

7. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

Is there a possibility to have an option where you choose the logging settings individually for each sensor/data?
    I generally run with max on all, but I'd prefer more customizability since many channels are useless in some scenarios. It would also make it more efficient in terms of file size.

I don't know if categories are forced or not, but it would be a very nice addition for the people/teams who are using this plugin very frequently.

Thank you in advance

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Robin Pansar I'm afraid I won't be providing that level of customisation. In some areas I've had to carefully choose what is available/possible in order to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to this plugin and myself. Admittedly the cat is rather out of the bag already (and people providing plugins for other games may not be as cautious - I don't know) but I'm going to avoid revealing fine details for the most part.

If you have some specific examples of channels you do or don't use I would consider rejigging the groups, as I did a couple of years ago, but those changes definitely improved the situation already.

9. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

hey @Lazza , can you please tell me what are the acquisition frequencies of the Suspension_1 channel?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hi,

There's not really a single answer for that, as it depends on the overall data rate parameter as well. And I don't know how those channels are configured off the top of my head :)

However, since that group contains suspension positions and forces I probably set them the same as the ride height channels, so I would say 50Hz as a base and likely the full 100Hz at the higher data rates.

Liuke44 likes this.
  11. Liuke44

Liuke44 Registered

ok thank's ! ;)

12. BT7 Driver

BT7 Driver Registered

Hi @Lazza

In group Tyres_2, do Lateral Patch Velocity and Longitudinal Patch Velocity relate to the tyre contact patches and are the velocities expressed relative to the vehicle axis system? In other words can they be used to calculate accurate tyre slip angles directly?

Are the telemetry channel units of measure documented somewhere? Are SI units used consistently?

Many thanks.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think there was a short discussion on these somewhere in this thread but I can't guarantee it'll be enlightening. Patch does refer to the contact patch though, and there are ground velocities as well, so hopefully you can glean the info you need. I haven't personally tested all these to confirm exactly what they represent, the description and values come straight from the game so that's what we're reliant on.

For units, they're mostly SI, if you load up a log and then go to Units (in the menus...) you should find a full list of channels and units. Or maybe that's under channels... :p

14. BT7 Driver

BT7 Driver Registered

Many thanks @Lazza Found the reference - page 6/7. I will do some testing.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  15. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

apologizes if that sounds extremely numb but is that possible to display the FFB output and how to achieve that?

I installed the plugin without problem, it starts when I start a session but there is nothing I could find on the HUD that would look like a FFB meter as with some other Sims.

I have left the DAMPlugin ini at default, that's maybe the reason why? Although I read that FFB output is in the Base Channel Config and all is set at 1 there.

Thanks so much

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The only 'plugin' that draws on screen in rF2 at the moment (that I'm aware of) is Simhub.

This plugin logs telemetry for viewing with Motec i2Pro. It doesn't display live data.

17. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Thanks for your quick reply.

18. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

cant find anywhere in google where to download Data Acquisition for Motec Plugin ...
    is it dead?

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First post?

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi Lazza.
    In the new UI doesn't appear the descriptions of the assingnments of the plugin.
    Instead of appearing "Damp Logging" appears "Custom Pluging #4"
    It's happening the same to the pluging of our championships.
    Do you know something about this problem?

Thanks.