Released Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Now Available For rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

https://store.steampowered.com/app/234630/Project_CARS/
    https://www.projectcarsgame.com/two/cars/
    https://www.projectcarsgame.com/two/locations/
    ;)

2. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

That's the point I would like to point to Studio 397 guys, if some still watch the forum...

This track is absolutely stuning, no question about that, but 8.99€ for a track??? Nordsleife I can understand. Its a huge track, with a huge amount of work, but for Spa? Really???

As rFactor 2 becoming Iracing 2 and I did not realise that yet?

:rolleyes:o_O

Stefano Vidale likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Not even close, trust me.

mesfigas likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You don't have to buy it. It'll probably be part of a pack or be on sale at some point.

Considering DLC is the only income stream from the majority of users, and you don't pay any more to have the game (or buy new versions that are basically the same, like the F1 games) I don't think it's unreasonable. But you just buy what you want at the price you want, or don't. Supply and demand - and seems plenty have bought, so the price is about right.

5. CaptainPingu

CaptainPingu Registered

Amazing Job! The track is visually very appealing (especially with the godrays around sunrise giving a really nice touch) while keeping great performance FPS wise at the same time!

Well done, much appreciated!

P.S. the skydancer is great, had to smile :p
    P.P.S. I hope that kart track may be used for a warm up at one point :D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

Nürburgring was 11.99€, Le Mans 10.99€. The pricing is perfectly in line.

7. Hocician

Hocician Registered

every time the same discussion... its in germany nearly a pack cigarettes, a burger with coke or a 2h movie in the cinema without popcorn, coke and so on... i cant understand it... if you need 20 cars, 100 liveries, one track and so on for that money - you have the chance... its up to you... same for iracing... its the best for online experience... all that crying... you dont have to pay it... all these fanboy behaviour in this community...

BTW: just for info... what would be a good price in your oppinion for a track like spa

8. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

First of all, I don't admit that you call me a fanboy, and you know why? Because for the last 15 years I almost only played rFactor and rFactor 2. I'm here since the start of rfactor 2, way before studio 397 take the development from ISI, and I was one of the guys that always defended this sim, because for me its the best sim out there. No question about that!

But even with this in mind, is not acceptable a track like Spa costs 9€ when Assetto Corsa, that I don't play not because is bad, but because I prefer rFactor after all, sells for 20€ on steam right now, with a bunch of cars and tracks. Nonsense...

In my oppinion, a track like this, must not be sold by more than 5€. If rFactor 2 don't have the demand for that, Studio 397 must work, first of all, in other ways to bring people to the sim.

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Don’t get Digital Combat Simulator, planes > $100.00AUD each and maps around $65.00 AUD each. $14.00 for a track in rF2...BARGAIN.

10. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

Well said that man. iRentings business model is a joke, at least when you buy a track for rF2, you've bought it, it's yours for ever, and not just paid for the right to use it for a set time period...

11. bears

bears Registered

Thanks mate that was the next thing I was going to try .... but considering spa is about big gt3 fields it’s a pity 397 did not consider this before releasing....

I tried the apex gt3 mod 45 cars a couple of minor offs from the ai but no where near the carnage of the 397 gt3 pretty sad when it takes another mod to allow you to enjoy a brilliant track I do hope they fix it

nolive721 likes this.
  12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

@t0p5ecret
    Can you please release a new AIW for SPA, and of course I will donate you a coffee or more, like for Azure, and everybody who will use your AIW should give a coffee or more, this awesome guy works better than s397. You deserve at least 1$ for each track copy sold.

Eric Rowland, GertjanD and Hocician like this.
  13. rd.king

rd.king Registered

Yes your right
    it is a better deal than cancer and obesity.
    Can't deny that.

nolive721 and Lazza like this.
  14. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Awesome track....AAA+++

My personal wish......Bathurst to the same quality that was done in Gran Turismo 6. They even laser scanned a heap of the trackside trees.

No one has equaled that version. Ever. No one.

JimmyT likes this.
  15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I’m going to take a look tonight.

16. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

I love your work and will keep buying you coffees but in this case when you pay for official dlc content I want the devs to fix it or to pay you to fix it

Eric Rowland likes this.
  17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

You are the best hope, I really don't understand why they don't hire you to be the official AIW maker, and much more....

I hope all the downloaders will give at least a coffee for a new AIW, cause I really don't think s397 devs have paid him for the Azure AIW, and he deserves a part of the s397 profit without doubt.
    I have learnt to not hope about s397 fix.

Corgan likes this.
  18. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Anyone else experiencing a weird day/night transition around 9pm? I have time scale x10 and it all of a sudden goes from dusk ambient light to night time. Same thing happens at sun rise. it really spoils the best parts of the 24hr cycle. I haven’t experienced this on other tracks, maybe slightly at LeMans but not as bad.

19. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Could the effect of dust or dirt be on the asphalt in the spa? At the Nürburgring I see it almost in every corner, but not here at the spa. Will it come in a future update?

Cangrejo likes this.
  20. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Image made by "Adrian Blasco"

[​IMG]

Adrian Blasco likes this.