Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1122 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 23, 2020.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

DucMan888 likes this.
  2. Stefan Wirth

Stefan Wirth Registered

Before I tryed out the new UI after the beta update 1122, first I did a Steam RF2 file verification (all ok) and restarted the PC.

Results

All points listed in the Chagelog are working well but besides that, this is what I found out:

Run
    -Option "configure rfactor gragics" is not loading. Running "rf Config" in BIN64 it loads but not showing same options than in UI and giving an error trying to load post efects Language empty,...
    -The game load to UI is taking very long from schortcut and from steam option (with high end PC $ SSD > 75s)

Settings
    -After entering to the "settings" (at the top right side of the user name) and turning back to the main screen, it takes to much time and only a white screen is shown.
    -After repeating this 2 or 3 times the transition improved

Packages
    -Uninstalling Mods is taking to long (longer than old UI)
    -Not able to select multiple files as in old UI (still not implemented)

Replay
    -Tryed to replay e.g. "GT Challenge VIR Split6 R2.Vcr" and oder replays... the screen stucks on "loading replay, please wait. Getting out only possible over win task manager
    -During the loading, if alt tab some times it shows the previous UI screen but no

Showroom (Hangar)
    -Loading a car the fist time takes very long, the next times loading (with the same car) is better.
    -In showroom V-Sinc from general graphic options not working (graphic card working at full all the time...)

Servers
    -Filter options are not being saved (still not implemented, I hope one day...)

I hope that all this is still known and already in the pipeline for the final switch to the new UI

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

replays that are older than v1121xx will not work. You will need to use Steam to revert to an onlder version like v1120 to get some replays to work, and v1119 for even older replays.

4. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Thank you so much. I had been waiting for it as a crucial feature and you guys just did it. Kudos to the team.

Craig Waddell and mixer61 like this.
  5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue with my F488 showing white.

6. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

It has no solution, it is in the hands of developers.

7. elbo

elbo Registered

And they broke opencomposite again...screw this game

pilAUTO likes this.
  8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

without auto exposure in the cockpit cam
    20201121052542_1.jpg
    with auto exposure with the others cam
    20201121052604_1.jpg

Since I use the partial cockpit camera with the wheels and suspensions only, I'm really connected to the road, I have improved my lap times, but it's the cockpit cam, and it's too dark, any news about the "auto exposure" available for the others cams ? I really like racing with the visual of my wheels, and for the real cockpit user, it's probaly a serious trouble, I really hope it can be fixed asap.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

How do you get this view with wheels only?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the real question is why? Kinda like only having one team on the field for a football sim. or one basket being at 6ft instead of 10ft in a basketball sim. Slowpitch softball for a Major League Baseball title? I can go on....

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Filip likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

Softball? Baseball? Is there any difference? Slowpitch? What's that?
    Sorry but these don't exist in Europe.

We do have basketball but I don't get the basket height analogy as I am not trying to alter the rules or physics or whatever just the view.
    Before someone jumps in with "but it's not realistic" comment... I agree. It's not realistic for me to play on 17inch flat screen with 19fov and not be able to see anything compared to real life racers.

Therefore I am always looking to find some better ways to see at least half picture compared to what real drivers see and this driving view caught my attention.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

cockpit1.jpg cockpit2.jpg cockpit3.jpg cockpit4.jpg

20201121170230_1.jpg 20201121170156_1.jpg 20201121170207_1.jpg 20201121170354_1.jpg
    it has improved my laptimes, I have the feeling I wanted. With small screens it removes the bad FOV effect if it's too small (I use the default FOV), and with a big screen it's so immersive, my favorite and now my daily cam. I will be happy if the tyre graphics could be updated (tyre wear, puncture....)

davehenrie likes this.
  14. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

The replay distortion is also happening for me. I drive, go back to the pits and when I expand the replay window it looks squatted horizontally. Btw, I'm on the Beta UI.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Did I miss this the other day. I now have dev mode as an option with new UI! Don't recall seeing this before today.

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

This about 13 hours ago;
    6C0BF1C1-DED4-41AF-A23B-8EB9D54B6750.jpeg
    It’s been in the documentation since it was updated recently but only just implemented.

17. pig

pig Registered

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  18. elbo

elbo Registered

beta ui terrible stutters when moving head and mouse at the same time...old ui is fine

19. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Taking screenshots (ingame function) in the new UI in the showroom doesn't work. Screenshots on track work

20. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

When using the new UI I’ve come across a few issues.

Driver labels doesn’t show up for me, neither when on track or watching a replay.
    The FOV always resets itself to the value of 9 whenever I switch back and forth between cockpit camera and chase camera on my car(doesn’t happen with ai or human players cars)meaning I have to go into setting and change back to my preferred value every time I’m switching around for different views when looking at a replay.
    When opening the chat window while I’m in the garage it obscures almost the whole ‘RACE’-button, meaning I can’t write something then quickly head out to the track again.
    I’m very saddened to see that a whole lot of information is missing regarding replays. Why can’t we no longer see the duration and other general info of the replay in the replay menu?
    When watching a replay the usual buttons work for the cameras and switching between cars however I can’t remove the annoying ticker and where are the pedal input display and g-force meter?
    The menu for switching between different cars are completely nonsensical, the numbers doesn’t correspond with the either the standings or cars number plates. And why must the game load the replay when I click on it, some sort of confirmation or a load button would be nice.

The game is nowhere near faster in terms of loading, the timing from pressing play in steam and entering the garage at Spa for the first time took me almost 5mins and 30sec, the second time around it took me about 2mins. I have my OS stored on one m.2 nvme and my Steam library on a second m.2 nvme, I know I won’t get the advertised SSD read speed(2000 to 3500gbps) because of PCiE-lanes but still, this is really slow.
    (Quick specs; 9700k, 32gb ram@3200mhz and RTX 2080 Super)

This and many more things has made me revert back to the old UI for a third time.

Not related to the UI but the rev lights on the Logitech G923 doesn’t work with rF2, at least not for me and from what I’ve seen on some YT’ers videos. I hope that this is something the devs are aware of? I can’t find any information on the forums about the G923 except from a single post from new build notes on having added a profile for the G923.

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to highlight these sort of things but I have insufficient privileges to post in the support forum?
    And this post is not meant to ‘hate on’ rF2 or S397, I love the game and the devs, I’m just so sad about the facts since I consider rF2 as my main sim.

Emery likes this.