Released Nürburgring Nordschleife PBR Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 21, 2020.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

All the other tracks aren't even half the size of Nords, sorry but the "fault" is your own. At least you know now.

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes your GPU is quite underpowered, but not by much, I have a R9-280x, that is quite old by today standards, and I can run Nords just fine, and it has just 3Gbs Vram. With a little effort you can surely enjoy nords. And no, there is no need to be told that a 30 Km track is more resource heavy than a 4 Km one. If you tweak your details I think it can run.

pkelly likes this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Except they are....especially ones with the latest Tech as standard which in turn relies on more system resources, especially ones as large as Nords which has all the bells & whistles of a track less than a quarter of it's size! :)

4. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

It would be a great option, but rF2 CTD after alt+tab, 9 out of 10 in full screen mode :( It's OK to use it in Borderless, but you can only use native resoulution then.

5. Filip

Filip Registered

I play rf2 in lower res then native in full screen mode and never had CTD.
    Problem is alt-tab does not work well as rf2 is always in focus.
    But it doesn't crash.

6. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

So it's "just" unstable in some cases. It's been doing this for a while, since after one of the updates.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

Try to reinstall RF2.
    My RF2 crashed for like 8 years, then I made a system reinstall ......... now crashes very seldom, and probably just because my GPU has only 3 GBs.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  8. Emery

Emery Registered

Alt-tab full screen crashes? Thought that was fixed over a year ago. Been totally stable for me for awhile.

9. Filip

Filip Registered

Alt-tab works ok in native resolution.

Emery likes this.
  10. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

You're right! It works in native resolution. The problem occurs when you use other resolutions, and it probably happens because of graphics mode change. It's not a real ctd. rF2 continues to work. You lose the graphics screen, but you can hear all the noise from the race track. The graphics rendering "window" becomes invisible, but obscures your mouse cursor, if you switch back to it with alt+tab, and stays in focus. The only solution is to shut rF2 down in task manager. (It's not an easy job with rF2 constantly having the focus.)
    It started, I don't know, a year ago.
    Can anybody confirm this? I use a SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 NITRO+ Special Edition 8GB, without any overclocking.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Emery likes this.
  11. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

Is there any changelog for the recent Nürburgring update?
    Sry if it has been already posted somewhere.

12. Travis

Travis Registered

I had to go searching as well; luckily we have a forum user tracking discord: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....oxy-thread-and-news.67485/page-4#post-1054042

PaulJeffreyRD Today at 7:01 PM - A quick update for our Nürburgring track has been released:

Nürburgring v2.21
    - Removed Tents from Arena section on Endurance Layout

Hoshi likes this.