Released GTE BOP - September 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Morbo66

Morbo66 Registered

I'd like to see a video of what you are doing to get it to do a flat spin from a DEAD stop. Trust me I've tried. It won't break traction at all even with slipping the clutch from 0mph. Slipping the clutch just means it slowly accelerates in 1st gear until it hits 40mph and then all of a sudden the outside rear tire will start spinning faster and cause the car to rotate. That is not a dead spin.

I don't think I'm doing anything especially different. I can do standstill donuts with the URD GTE all day long, it's very easy. Just rev to redline in 1st, and side step the clutch. Trying the exact same thing in the s397 911 = revs drop to nothing and tires don't spin.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can't provide anything for a while as I'm at work, and haven't captured any video since rF1 days so that'll be interesting :confused:

My quick test was at Sebring, standing still, full lock, full power then feed the clutch in. No auto clutch because that usually interferes with the clutch badly. Didn't immediately light the rears up but spun and ended up only a car length or two away.

3. Morbo66

Morbo66 Registered

The "didn't immediately" is the problem. I don't know if you actually race these cars, on a regular basis against real human beings. I do. Let me tell you, when you get punted by another car at Indianapolis, and you're facing the wrong way on the apex of Indianapolis with a train of LMP2s bearing down on you at 150mph, "only a car length or two" might as well be the fracking grand canyon. What you are suggesting would force me to cross the entire width of the track at Indianapolis before i can spin the car around. That's a real easy way to get a whole lot of actual human beings to cuss you out on Discord using a lot of 4 letter words.

Besides, that's not the point. You might see that workaround as acceptable if you just treat rf2 like a physics sandbox, but I do not.
    We are trying to simulate a real life race car. I expect it to act the same way as the real life race car. Or we might as well call it a s397 Jalopymobile, because it's current behavior surely doesn't simulate what a $1mil+ 500hp RWD Porsche RSR with massive amounts of torque and horsepower would do when you turn off the TC and drop the hammer in 1st gear.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I only said it's possible, and no, not across the whole track.

Just to be really clear: saying you can spin turn without needing to be doing 30+mph doesn't mean I think there's no issue or the cars are perfect. So please don't make me that guy.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well I won't bother with a video, because after struggling to replicate it on a saturated Indianapolis track (even after remembering to turn off the setup TC), and then not being able to do it at Sebring with the exact same conditions I did it earlier, there's no point. I obviously got lucky with my couple of tests that one of them went quite well, and that's made it seem not that difficult. (small sample size, bad results)

Just for posterity since I'll probably never do it again, here's the before and after:

911 spin.jpg

6. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

This is NOT possible in RF2 porsche RSR hence it NOT fully realistic version of RSR. Developers NEED to look into it.
    @Christopher Elliott please take a look.
    Just try and do this in RF2->>

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  7. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

1:40 !
    2:10 !

Slip_Angel likes this.
  8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yes exactly, that kind of behaviour is extremely muted in-game or might not be present at all.
    Weather it is engine bug or tyre bug or both developers really need to take a look.

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

This applies not only to the Porsche RSR but to virtually all GT vehicles. In some cases you can't even start off properly without running the risk of stalling the engine. I would report the whole thing in Discord, here surely nobody pays attention.

10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Could be true, i currently only own 2 of them. One of them is ferrari GTE and i get decent wheelspin from standstill. RSR on other hand has issues mentioned above

11. Filip

Filip Registered

If I understood correctly it doesn't happen with URD mods?
    So that would make it S397 vehicle problem.

Has anybody tested tire burnout with Apex GT3?

12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm sorry but i haven't tested it on any kind of mods.
    What i only know and care about how given car behaves IRL.
    I believe we here provided enough evidence for developers to think about this.

13. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I didn't read the whole thread here so I'm sorry if this was already mentioned.
    But the GTLM cars are designed for Le Mans and in Le Mans you're not allowed to spin the wheels in the pits.
    Perhaps S397 has hard coded some kind of TC into the cars so you can't spin them.
    Would make sense, no? I know I can spin the wheels in almost every mod and S397 already delivered some high quality mods.
    So I can't really imagine them doing such a stupid thing as this or doing something so much wrong.

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

There is no problem for the ISI Camaro GT3 or Corvette GT2. The problem obly occures on S397 cars and was introduced with the USF2000

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

GT3 cars are also concerned and in the wet you can create wheelspin so no your assumption of an hard coded TC makes no sence

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Even the descent wheelspin is far away from realistic behaviour

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

very intersting, I have always found that rF2 needs a big fix in many parts, and not only about the AI.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

To me the above would indicate tire issues rather than car. The older ISI cars never got the upgraded tires that S397 releases did, nor were all the cars upgraded to each new generation of the S397 tire. So beginning with USF 2000, some change may have occurred that increased the longitudinal break-away point.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think that's unlikely to be honest. In rF2 rubber is rubber, if you have shedloads of grip to stop burnouts you'll also have insane cornering grip.

I would suspect rev limit cutout and very low engine inertia, then RPM dropping to where there's no power.

davehenrie and CrimsonEminence like this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Any of those could be contributors, but I'm probably to old to understand the new tires. In rF1, GT2 et. al, there were separate sections for longitude grip(forwards/backwards) and Lateral grip(side to side) and I just used that as something carried forward. Guilty as charged then.