How to get Talent files to work

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by TJam11, Jul 7, 2019.

1. TJam11

TJam11 Registered

Right, I genuinely didn't want to make a new post about this but I've read literally every topic I can find on the subject and I'm still stuck.

I cannot for the life of me get my .RCD file to work. The last test I did a driver who was meant to have speed 100 came last and a driver with a speed of 37 got pole. The grid always seems to have no consistency.

I've named the "classes" in .VEH file the same as the file name and the first line on the document.

Does anybody know if there is something else I need to change? Does the .RCD go somewhere different than the main mas? Is it the way that I'm creating the new CMP in MAS2?

Would appreciate some help from an experienced modder of talent files.

For info, all I want to do is edit driver names and talent, so I've extracted the main and teams folders from the GP3 mod and edited accordingly.
    To repack them, I munge all the loose files back into a "Main" mas and a "Teams" mas and then create a rfcmp with both of those files selected at once. The 'type' on the create component package menu says Vehicle (is this where I'm going wrong?). I package it, install it, and all of the drivers names are now as they should be but no talent file seems to be working.... Help.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

From what I have read here on similar topics, the only way the RCD file is used at all is when a session is either skipped or shortened.
    It is one of many off-line issues rF2 is plagued by. But due to the publicity drubbing S397 is taking over the online code collapsing at their 24hr event, I suspect all future efforts will be focused on achieving ON-line stability and on-line competition.

I might point out, I just saw a tweet about the new F1 game, the user was complaining due to The Williams of George Russel leading an off-line practice session. So it's just not rF2 that suffers from inconsistency.

3. TJam11

TJam11 Registered

That would make sense.
    I tried again last night and hitting "Finish Session" seemed to put them in an order reflective of the talent files.
    However running a session at normal pace doesn't seem to have the same effect.
    Such a shame for people that just want to race offline at their own leisure.

4. bears

bears Registered

I know its not much comfort but I have definitely got the talent file to work in fact the opposite to what you describe where it works in normal speed or accelerated but not when session skipped but .... I have also suffered like you where I tried everything and it still doesn’t work go figure . Maybe it’s a mod thing

I studied the endurancers mod which seems to work and they have their talent file alone in its own mas so I am not sure location of file matters

If you find a fix please post it :)

5. Pwal

Pwal Registered

Hi,
    I just registered here to ask about the rcd files. I'm in the process of creating my own IMSA 2018 season and now, I want to create rcd files to get some realistic results. After reading many threads and tutorials, I managed to get them to work for my prototype class, but now, I just can't get them to work for the GTLM class. I've checked and double-checked everything and still no go.

I got the prototypes talent files to work by using the first class entry in the VEH file (DPi_IMSA18 in my case) as the rcd file name and in the first line. Put it in MAS, packed it with the DPi's MAS, and voilà, it works. Did the same thing with the GTE BMWs, but it doesn't work. I tried all the class entries to no avail. What is going on?

I just recently got into rF2. I love it, but rF1 was way easier to mod.

6. Pwal

Pwal Registered

Ok, I got it to work. What I did is that I kept just one "classes" entry or filter in the VEH file (in my case, IMSA18_DPi or IMSA18_GTLM or IMSA18_GTD). I created 3 separate RCD files named IMSA18_DPi, IMSA18_GTLM and IMSA18_GTD. I packed them in one MAS file named IMSA_2018_TALENT. I packed this MAS into a RFCMP (select Talent when creating your package) and installed it and boom, it works.

So, my advice would be to make sure you have only one "classes" entry in your VEH files because the game seems very picky when there are multiple filters there. And don't skip a session when testing if it works. Load a new track and accelerate time to see the results.

David Acorn, Gilles Benoit and Hazi like this.
  7. David Acorn

David Acorn Registered

I am looking to do the same, but I would also like to understand what you did with your talent files. Would you mind to share these? Thanks in advance.

8. Pwal

Pwal Registered

Sorry, I don't have them anymore. I grew frustrated with having to update everything each time S397 released a new update for their cars, so I threw everything away. I only use the Global Endurance Mod now (I let others worry about getting this to work :p).

9. David Acorn

David Acorn Registered

Ok no worries thanks for getting back to me, can you share any links you used in the past? Thanks.

10. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

Whats your problem ? The complete process ?

Myself is never creating AI drivers within the game itself. I am always building mods. For this you need a veh file which is linked with the liveries, the car itself and the talent file. You know anything about this ?
    Cause in this veh file you can set up "CLASSES". This is also for the OPPONENT Filter. All filters you can find there are CLASSES. The very first entry in your talent file must be the name of this "CLASSES".

David Acorn likes this.
  11. David Acorn

David Acorn Registered

Hi, thanks for responding, yes I do, I create specific liveries for each car, which of course have their own rcd file, I am not (at this time anyway) creating a veh file for the skin, only using the rcd file and installing into the userdata folder. Only because its easier to manage upgrades that come down the line. From what it looks like I will have to change that mentality?

12. Pwal

Pwal Registered

David Acorn likes this.