[WIP] 70's Formula 1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

upload_2020-11-5_21-48-19.png
    Car shows correct atleast for me! Can somebody join the server (name in previos post) and check if the car looks same?

atomed likes this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

we have Eifelland :)

[​IMG]

lbird, ´goggo1peter, atomed and 3 others like this.
  3. Pauli Partanen

Mauro you make those pre_pics faster than we upload cars :D

4. Pauli Partanen

upload_2020-11-5_22-7-12.png
    Mauro confirmed that the Custom car works in multiplayer too!! You can make your own custom F1 without leaving the server from "Car select" menu!!! :) this is great

I will leave the "F170_custom_car_test" server open. Its easiest way to make cars
    https://postipate92.liveracers.com/Live/?server=F170_Custom_car_test

New update 0.94 and brianza needed to join server

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    pascom likes this.
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Would love to join, but my wheel is in repair right now, already missed 15 days of sim racing...

It's unbelieveable, that this feature actually works (on a scale of building an individual car) even online. It's the first approach like this of its kind in rf2, isn't it?

6. Pauli Partanen

Don't know any other! Possible that it is

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  7. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

I'm waiting...........where are the Experts?

[​IMG]

Corti, pascom and Pauli Partanen like this.
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

a simil lotus 56b-turbina for indianapolis?
    (i'm not expert of indycar)

[​IMG]

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  9. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

oh no, I know the cars are not historical, but they are not so far away :D

bears, Mauro and Pauli Partanen like this.
  10. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Wow Chief, this really is a masterpiece! So much fun creating the perfect, and the ugliest F1 cars! Do you have any plans to add engines/gearboxes to the mix? It'd be cool to select 5 or 6 speed gearboxes, and some more engines. Maybe port over the 85 Indy engine for some crazy fun ;)

11. Pauli Partanen

I will make different physics options in future (different aero with different parts etc) Now there is just basic test car physics for the custom car :)

12. jymp

jymp Registered

Lots of options, the more the better, chrome wheels, black wheels etc., how to add paint schemes to the mix ?, at first wasn't onboard with this idea as it didn't seem you could have an authentic car, but with enough parts added couldn't you make an authentic car, Lotus, Ferrari, Tyrrell etc. ?

bears and Pauli Partanen like this.
  13. atomed

atomed Member

I´d say it´s unseen in serious simracing. This deserves a RaceDepartment frontpage entry. @Paul Jeffrey :rolleyes:

14. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

if we would do a Lotus Turbine Car it would be looking something like that......
    [​IMG]

pascom, GPNeville, svictor and 4 others like this.
  15. djvicious

djvicious Registered

That's awesome Postipate, thanks for the news. A turbo engine, albeit with a s**tload of lag, would be fun and ridiculous!

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Yes, to be honest, it REALLY does...
    This is using rF2 features in a way (which actually even works online), that somewhat reveals potential on a quite huge scale...

atomed likes this.
  17. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Danke Andy für den Eifelland . Er war damals ein schlechter F1 , aber in einer Sim für mich ganz toll wegen Rolf Stommeln

Attached Files:

18. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

Gerne, auch wenn der Wagen nicht gut war, ich fand den trotzdem toll.

19. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Having some more variety in the engine department would really seal the deal with this mod. I know this is the 70s Formula 1 mod. Me being a US based open wheel fan, I get to see a lot of variety during the vintage events. The big thing for those is F5000. I know there is one example in the mod, but having the big V8s would be great. Summing up this this article quickly (https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/h...ew formula is for,expected to be even quicker.):

F5000 was a spin-off from America’s Formula A, which was already up and running (Lou Sell won the 1968 SCCA title in the USA, driving one of Dan Gurney’s Eagles run by Smothers Brothers Racing). Technically the two categories were identical: cars were more primitive and slightly heavier than their F1 cousins (660kg vs 500kg, minus fuel and driver) and were powered by production-based push-rod 5.0-litre V8s, although in 1969 the UK admitted lighter cars (430kg) with full racing engines up to 2.0 litres.

Basically a pretty easy to add in the upgradesini. If an F5000 engine is selected, you get increased weight. Might even be able to steal the physics directly from the Howston or Cobra. I'm not sure if the full engine is 3d modeled in that content.

While a jet engine seems cool both very unconventional, a big engine that would have a ton of lag would be the Offy that was used in USAC (aka Indycar) at the time. It would give this mod a completely different form by being able to race on ovals

I'm not sure if additional bodies are still possible, but here is some additional references for 70s open wheel:

http://www.f5000registry.com/index.html (The Webster F5000 looks awesome!)
    http://openwheel33.com/paint-schemes/1975-paint-schemes/ (They have the grids from other years too)
    https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/h...ew formula is for,expected to be even quicker.

HSO (https://historicsimracing.123.st/) had done amazing mods for rF1. I would love to see all their mods make it to rF2. The models might look a little bit dated for rF2. With that said, their 1972 F5000 mod and USAC 1973 could be used to get ideas. It might take me a bit to find official links, but google searching should come up with something.

pkelly and jymp like this.
  20. jymp

jymp Registered

Yes Chris, the HSO USAC 73 and F5000 would be perfect for rF2, hope it can happen.