CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....oing-to-next-session-all-logs-included.67659/

If you have any logs, but report it there too at least

2. Mantas_Rėkus

Mantas_Rėkus Registered

All about picking the right fights and getting slipstream. I learned that being punted off into T1 this strategy may sound dumb but has quite a nice rate of working . Really enjoyed racing with ya though one of those people it was worthy to trust
    Thanks to Nuno Miguel Abreu

3. Khalid Gherdaoui

Khalid Gherdaoui Registered

Hello,

I had problems with the ffb in race 1 (split 3), I had no more ffb in the wheel but I managed to reach the finish line... it was horrible to drive and frustrating with no feedback.

In race 2, I was hit by a car on the inside in turn 1 which made me lose control of the car, I couldn't catch the car and another car hit me on my way back to the track uncontrolled, I don't know who I hit and I apologize for the damage caused... I have no claim to make for the car that hit me and made me go off the track at the same time, it's a race fact.

I had to abandon the race after an accident and the loss of the rear tire which did not allow me to return to the pits.

The only real problems were the empty ffb on race 1 (already in practice it was enough to press escape and get back on the track and everything was fine, but here in the race it was impossible to do this manipulation) and in race 2 it was very hard as if I was forcing on the wheel it was like lock i never seen that before...it was very unpleasant and tiring.

Well done all.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  4. Ben Crooks

Ben Crooks Registered

Assign yourself a force feedback reset button.

Racing in split 3 yesterday was frustrating. i had bent steering within 10 minutes of the feature race. In both races there were so many just mini incidents and cars going off etc. really not good driving standards. a lot of people are being far too aggressive and putting their nose on the rear quarter without making a solid overtake attempt. bumping etc. seems the BTCC message pre-hand made no difference to some drivers mentalities.

5. Chris Vacca

Chris Vacca Registered

I had exactly the same thing, the second race in a raw, it happened to me at sebring as well, we better open a thread in tech support about it cos i thought it was a problem with my videocard but since the same is happening to other people it must be related to rfactor.

6. Philipp Drayss

Philipp Drayss Registered

What layout of VIR will be used?

7. Mark Krus

Mark Krus Registered

It could just be that both our video cards went bad haha. I had never heard of or seen this happen and now we get 2 drivers in the same event. I feel like it's not a coincidence.

8. Rasmus H Andreasen

Rasmus H Andreasen Registered

Split 5 was mixed for me. Qualifying went better than expected and was okay with P3 in the sprint race. AA game crash between the sprint and feature race meant that I started last, which I was a bit pissed about. However, I managed to recover to P4. I had the pace to fight Pim Van Ark for the win in the feature race if I had started where I was supposed to, but that's how it is. Considering everything, round 2 was okay, but I still sit with a feeling that it should have been a lot more.

9. Chris Vacca

Chris Vacca Registered

no i dont think it is a coincidence, and my card is not bad, it passed every single test i threw at it, it's pretty frustrating as it happened to me the first VEC race, and both rounds of the GT challenge

10. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

in the sprint race at the start the cars disappeared and appeared: 0

11. Alex Sanchez

Alex Sanchez Registered

How can I know the number of my opponent to make a protest?

12. Jiri Vyslouzil

Jiri Vyslouzil Registered

Thank you for a good fight. I made a lot of mistakes

13. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

Shame I got stuck in traffic and missed the fun racing you :)

14. On the entry list?

15. Full Course

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It’ll be written somewhere on the car :p

Pauli Ahonen and Lazza like this.
  17. Timotej Andonovski

Timotej Andonovski Registered

Will the same BoP numbers be applied to the GT Challenge cars?

18. Like i said there, you cant see the upcoming changes to the cars which is not in Pro - but yes the Callaway will get +15 kg in challenge as well - this is BOP not a PRO bop because most is in Callaway.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  19. Tomas Gomez

Tomas Gomez Registered

Jimmi, server named GT CHALLENGE PRACTICE is an official 397 server?

20. No it is not. There is no server until raceday. Simply because we are doing bop etc and cant do it immediately after each race. I have seen a server that causes more issues for more drivers than you would expect - so no it is NOT S397 at all

Tomas Gomez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.