Released Nürburgring Nordschleife PBR Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 21, 2020.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Ah ok, i thought that you had find another way.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think you chose one of the worse parts of the track to represent the update, it is not fair, it is just small piece of that track. I also think that the spectators zone is too green there, and bright surface also highlights lack of AO of the objects in there, which was less apparent when grass was darker and more uneven color in there before.

I disagree that real track looks darker, it depends a lot on weather. It looks pretty bright in here, of course camera settings has influence, best would be to wait for really bright sunny day, and observe it very well, but thats how I remember really bright sunny days (at least in my own reality, which we figured out earlier in this thread is different for everyone lol):
    [​IMG]

here I made a lot of screenshots in different lighting conditions, lighting makes great and correct difference in PBR shaded tracks, thats why PBR is awesome:
    https://imgur.com/a/AWGCwj0
    https://imgur.com/a/r5jMIQK

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

That's true, the tree shadows on the old version are just plain wrong though. The tree shadows in the PBR version are consistent with all other shadow casters.

Travis, TJones, lagg and 4 others like this.
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

More I read this thread more I think this is the forum of an art school, instead of a racing simulator. Quite sad seeing 9 pages of discussion about shades of green and grey.

muzikant, R.Noctua, twinkle and 8 others like this.
  6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Thanks for confirmation :cool:

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah perhaps it is a bit too much on "same over same" posts cycle again... It is a shame, it is huge track. I think discussions are great, but they has to lead somewhere. For example me getting banned.. no lol just joking. I seriously think there is a lot to talk about this huge track. I think this track is already severely underappreciated, lots of great stuff to point out. Constructive criticism is also fine, constructive.... Just look at the screenshots I did they are simply taken from onboard view in game real time, i think the track looks great, I look at the screenshots again, and I keep dicovering awesome details, but as always the things that aren't as great, or doesn't seem right at first gets in the view first somehow.

pkelly and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  8. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Hey, Green Hell experts, could anyone tell me if there is in the package a layout that allows to skip a full distance outlap? And if not is it somehow possible to mod it? Thanks.

9. RoWo

RoWo Member

Here you go!

Davvid likes this.
  10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Great review by Ermin Hamidovic:

IMO 24h cycle looks great.
    But while before that release for me RealRoad was way too dark at daytime, it looks like now it is not dark enough anymore and missing structures like skidmarks. It looks great though over the complete day-night cycle.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  11. Erik Gabrielsson

Erik Gabrielsson Registered

The AI (official GT3) cant handle the 'No Chicane' fast chicane before the last corner on the GP No Chicane option. They enter it ok but then drive straight into the nearest wall instead of turning right.

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

At least in VR, I find the updated track feels more immersive, convincing, with an improved sense of overall realism. I'm not referring to details so much, mostly the overall color-palette, lighting and shaders.

Something I have always felt about rF2 is how FLAT everything looks. It may have to do with a lack of more dynamic application of volumetric light & shadow but, that seems improved now although, can still be better (imo).

Of course, improved textures help a lot.

13. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Nice little video on Ultra by Luccas.

Looks good overall... nice and long shadow... the draw distance is not huge (for Ultra settings) but at least, it's progressive.

There is a section of the track that need to be fix tough... at 3:20 on this video.
    Pretty sure the devs already aware thanks to Ermin video but that doesn't hurt to emphasize it once more.

14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi all,
    I've encountered a massive losse of framerate (under 60 fps)
    during replay (ultra settings) on Endurance layout wirh 30 cars. That was really better before that new release..

R.Noctua likes this.
  15. RoWo

RoWo Member

Do you use the newest build?
    Have you deleted your shaders (CBASH and SHADERS folder)?

16. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Yes I use the last build and UI and it was the first time I've taken this layout ever so I don't think that shaders files were created but I will test that. Otherwise, I thought that it was no more needed to clean these files? May be I'm wrong.
    Thank you whatever ;).

17. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Hello I think I found the concern for the drop in fps, put the FX post in low

18. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Any guidelines to improve performance in the PBR version for those of us that still have old hardware (gtx 1070 in VR)

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

there is a texture issue :
    20201116030258_1.jpg

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

And Can we have a hotlap mode ? for the Nordschleife it's boring to make a lap before starting the hotlap, in many games, we can have a start before the line.