Released Nürburgring Nordschleife PBR Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Dookie, Schumi, mister dog and 23 others like this.
  2. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

awesome!!!

TJones likes this.
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I was not expecting this hence i was quite surprised on why heck i got 2+ GB of update!
    Thanks for update. Hope you guys are working on fixing the current physics exploits,problems.

4. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Never heard this before, could you elaborate?

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Big THANK YOU S397 for your ongoing effort for existing content. Very appreciated!

6. Bob Gnarley

Bob Gnarley Registered

Oh boyoh boyoh boy! Thank you S397!

7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I also got know one of it like hour before.
    •Apparently detaching rear ARB is better
    •Minimum tyre pressure is the way to go in all cars(this i knew )

•Also one more i heard about tyre compound here running soft is the only way as other compounds last the same time( i don't remember the details correctly but tyre compound has some issues)
    Some others which i'm not aware of and IMO anything with vehicle physics should be dealt with as soon as possible,it should be on highest priority. Some of this problems are quite old and haven't been fixed yet.

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The quality of updating of the Nurburgring Nordschleife is of an unprecedented level.

The work done is incredible.

What a talented and passionate team (track team).

I believe for several reasons that the sales and use of rF2 will increase dramatically within 6 or 12 months.

BRAVO guys.

Gonzo and Schumi like this.
  9. Magus

Magus Registered

Not sure if just a my end or a general issue but playing in VR: I haven't tried the new UI in a while so signed to beta; slow loading into menu. Chose GT3 & Nords, black screen, loading VR Content...8 mins just sitting there and nothing chnaged. I know rF2 can be slow to load so stayed patiient for a good while bur nothing. No loading screen just VR content loading. Tried it again and again sat theer for even longer to no avail.

I've returned to the old UI but not tried it as I just spent the majority of 30mins staring at a black screen and that's my gaming done for tonight.

10. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Absolutely great look,thanks

11. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

"Added “Grand Prix No Chicane” Layout", cool !
    Thank you.

12. trollray

trollray Registered

Just WOW!
    I still trust rf2 is the best sim in terms of feedback but now you are pushing it in visuals.
    Congrats and keep the fantastic work !
    cheers

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Graphics looks washed out
    sorry i give up

pety100 likes this.
  14. franser

franser Registered

Great graphic update for nurburgring and optimization, before I got 50 fps and after this update they easily reach 120 fps

pkelly and Pawel44 like this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Superb update, I have still loooooooots of stuff to nit-pick on, but perhaps someone else would have capacity to compile some of that criticism. Meanwhile I was very enjoying and the improvements were certain.

I drove: regular day time regular weather, night to twilight to sunrise, daytime heavy rain to clear weather, gp track no chicane daylight...

First of all the performance is superb, even driving early in the morning it was good when I was expecting 60-70fps it was full 100 I have a cap for. The sun rising over trees when I was going down towards fox-hole was perhaps nicest thing I saw in rF2, or one of. The rain was surprising because of how well the real road was developing while getting wet, and then when drying, it was very good. The night was awesome, I turned off light in the room for maximum immersion, and it was brilliant drive in the darkness. GP track is all nice and clean too, enjoying the "no chicane" track very much, great flow.

I have one thing that is disappointing. It is track cameras, I don't like them, and also the track has usual rF2 thing when there are several cam sets in the track and they all mostly share same positions except for few places. Why not to have all unique sets, and not just barely different camera sets ? Shadow drawing distances are bit aggressive at places, but I understand it is one of reasons why track is performing very well, so it is alright. The nit-picking stuff which may take some other time to dive into if nobody else does (sorry, mesfigas, saying "it looks washed out" has zero value as a feedback... telling why it does look so, if it does, is a feedback).

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

The shadows have been massively reduced, there are not many trees shadows on the tracks now, and the trees colors is for me too much flashy, I regret the old version, it was more beauty for me, there are many shadows LOD issue with bonnet cam and more with the cockpit cam.....if by optimization, it's a downgrade shadows to boost fps, sad.

I regret so much this old version with a beauty green and massive tree shadows on the road, now there are no more tree shadows, or just a little bit

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

90 cars? Somebody give Durge a ring!

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

BEFORE UPDATE
    rF2 good.jpg

AFTER UPDATE
    20201021233611_1.jpg

is it really better ? no for me sorry, it's a DOWNGRADE, the shadows have been massively reduced, and the green is awfully flashy.
    How to use the old version ? can't use the new, it's not beauty.

altyaltnds, pety100 and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Im afraid that the optimisation is a graphic downgrade, look at my previous post....

pety100 likes this.