CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

It's the Sprint layout without chicane (see discussion in GT Pro thread in this forum)

2. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

One remark on warmup lengths. Sure we running on tight schedule but one has barely time to drink water or release water between races. I firm 3 or 5 min length that is predictable would be very good. Otherwise one never knows if he has the luxury. Switching to race with 35 sec time to enter the track is quite a low margin.

3. Sprint

4. It was not 35 seconds in warmup, iirc i saw the counter at 7 mins left. But there is NO warmup between the races it is simply to set the grid. I am sure you can get 2 drinks and place them near by before starting the qualifying.
    The "break" was simply because of me forcing qualifying to end, otherwise it would have been even more cramped.
    This is done for broadcast - i could have gone 1-2 mins faster so you had a bit of time to stretch your legs and get back in. Remember this is short races, 15 + 45 mins is not that long ;)
    But it will take a few mins, so once you finish your race, you can easily go to bathroom or get a drink if you forgot that before the 15 min race. Just expect it to be done fast. I can't and won't set a fixed time as if we are behind we need to move and the other way around.
    Schedule should reflect what we are trying to do now.

I expect next season to be different, so let's see if it works out from now on that you know there is a few mins when you are done racing until we switch over. I will do my outmost to warn about it.

5. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

Sorry for bringing this up again @Jimmi Allison . The deadline for the IRR submissions is 24h after race start, but I still can't check the replays from Split 3 sadly.

Thanks for resolving the issue.

6. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

where is the replay of session 3? I download from the forum and that repetition is not !!

@Jimmi Allison

7. Filip Fojt

Filip Fojt Registered

8. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

I assume we will get an additional grace period for reports after the replays have been posted for Split 3?

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  9. Nuno Miguel Abreu

Nuno Miguel Abreu Registered

Hello Everyone,

@Jimmi Allison, i asked Christopher to change forum and competition name, and it has been done, at least the forum name. Got message from Chris last friday confirming the changes.

If its possible to run with Nuno Miguel Abreu all season i would like.

10. I missed your message sorry, sure i will add a bit of time (midnight CEST), but please use these carefully. Last resort is to simply not allow anyone to submit IRR/Protests. I see 42 already which is exceptional high considering its sprint races.

IRR:
    Now use the actual server stamp, if it is not included the incident will be ignored.

Overall remark.
    Whats funny is that most people has praised how good S3 was, yet some people called it destruction.... sometimes you need to look if you attract incidents, if you do...perhaps change your approach?

Michael Roellin likes this.
  11. Filip Fojt likes this.
  12. Like i have said, its not do-able right now to change name in competition system. I will manually change your name in the standings then. Just for future, please make sure you use the same name in rF2 so much easier to manage.

Nuno Miguel Abreu likes this.
  13. Niels Hoogeveen

Niels Hoogeveen Registered

Hi Jimmi,

Got a question for the guys in Split4 who should have been in lower split so didn't submit a livery.
    Are you making a new mod again for the next race or not?
    If so, when should we get a upload link or something like that?

Thank you in advance.

14. I will be yes, I have just not had the chance to get settled yet - if it is before R2 I can't say. But that is my aim. Let me quickly start a submission link.
    I have just created a link here BUT this is just for new liveries and those drivers that does not have one yet. Any other submissions will be ignored, sorry we can't keep updating these cars every round.
    Link removed
    AGAIN only for new submissions

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2020
    Niels Hoogeveen likes this.
  15. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

[QUOTE = "Jimmi Allison, publicación: 1043531, miembro: 24698"] Perdí tu mensaje, lo siento, seguro que agregaré un poco de tiempo (medianoche CEST), pero úsalo con cuidado. El último recurso es simplemente no permitir que nadie envíe TIR / protestas. Ya veo 42, lo que es excepcionalmente alto considerando sus carreras de velocidad.

TIR:
    Ahora use el sello del servidor real, si no está incluido, se ignorará el incidente.

Observación general.
    Lo gracioso es que la mayoría de la gente ha elogiado lo bueno que era S3, sin embargo, algunas personas lo llamaron destrucción ... a veces tienes que mirar si atraes incidentes, si lo haces ... ¿quizás cambiar tu enfoque? [/ QUOTE]

if throwing people out is normal ... I will have to change the approach yes,;)

16. something in spanish...

and then.. Throwing people are?? i dont follow

17. Tomas Gomez

Tomas Gomez Registered

https://www.studio-397.com/rfactor2-gt-series-2020/

In this page say only GT3 Pack.

It would be much better to just use one channel to organize the championship, have several places where information about the championship is displayed, send files to dropbox, receive emails, discord, use the forum for other things certainly does not help everything work correctly.

I'm sure you give 100%, but in my opinion they don't give you the right tools to lead a championship of the level that this championship is supposed to have.

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  18. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

You name attracting incidents, "as an observation" without even seeing what has happened, it is only expected that the challengers competition is clean, to see if there is more luck in race 2.

19. Niels Hoogeveen

Niels Hoogeveen Registered

Okay thank you!
    I've uploaded the files as i think the naming is the best suited. Hopefully it's allright.
    Please check the number of both cars, cause the numbers don't fit well. But didn't want to do a smaller number so it does fit well.

20. I still don't follow entirely.
    But if people are posting 10 IRR i bet (and i have a few years of experience in this) that that driver attracts incidents.
    And yes this is without having looked at the incidents, i am not saying you - it was a GENERAL post.

lagg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.