Released Latest GT3 Updates (Includes BOP)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

ACC has the most detailed series I've never been seen in a simracing game, with a lot of detalls from any manufacturer and the help and support of SRO who manage GT World Series. BOP is not perfect, but maybe one of the best, so weight is added as SRO added in 2018/2019 to every car in every track

Porsche is the best car in general, but it's a difficult car in behaviour for his front tank fuel and his top speed is not good. But you have Audi, Mercedes and Aston very strong, better in some tracks. Every car has got his strengths and sure in good hands could win in almost every track

Engine maps, good electronics TC and ABS...

rF2 can not compete with GT3 in ACC.

Flaux likes this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The question is not if the BOP is good or bad. For me for example, it makes no sense to use the Lambo in ACC because it's very nervous at turn in. With the Audi I can achieve similar or better laptimes without having the risk of spinning. Same goes for PC2 where it makes no sense to use the Porsche or BMW, while you have easy going with the Acura or the Ferrari. This is something that you will find in any sim - a best all around car within a category or cars that are just worse than others. I will give it that alot of this is driver dependend and certain cars propably fit some driving styles better than others. But at top level sim racing this margin becomes smaller and smaller and most of those drivers will be able to go fast with anything. And there is only one solution to this: using league physics editions for the cars as it was done for alot of mods in rF1.

On a little side note: I am not fast by any means, but if you have a littlebit of understanding for the cars and how to set them up you can compete in an average Joe league with any of those cars. Few days ago I used the seemingly undrivable Porsche with a few tweaks for a little event at Interlagos and went from 16 to 3 in an 1 hour race while most of the drivers weren't slow or anything. I am not saying that S397 shouldn't take alook at BOP, but for most drivers in this forum, the topic is propably not as important as it sounds like.

pkelly, Emery and Slamfunk3 like this.
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Better physics >> BoP
    ACC has big handling issues and RF2 is currently meets my observation i have done watching Real cars.
    ACC gets more extra details right while RF2 gets core handling right...i would rather have realistic physics don't care about BoP.

4. Ermz

Ermz Registered

After driving the two back to back for years, I can't help but agree with this in some round about way. There are things in both I very much like, and if they met in the middle I'd be very happy.

Slip_Angel likes this.
  5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

If KUNOS and S397 made gt3 cars by combining their data,understanding,knowledge etc it would be THE best and realistic gt cars in history.
    That's impossible though lol.

6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Looks to me like some of the latest batch of default setups may need a rethink.
    At least the AMG that I raced and some other cars that I tested, the default setups are too aggressive.
    Zero wing on the AMG default, did anyone try to brake into Sunset with it, even on new tires/low fuel.
    So long as you don't have to touch the brake looking into a corner all is fine, but if you can't trailbrake the car into long high speed corners what are you even doing showing up.
    You see the Vetts going deep into Sunset before getting on the brakes and I had to go up 3 clicks on the wing for the car to settle down over default, and even then it was always marginal and I was still braking early and light on the brake.
    Also do these defaults get accompanied by a long run log as "proof of concept"?
    That they also work past a few laps?

Another thing I noticed is the latest physics changes have moved the handling of the cars closer to the GTEs.
    I never was impressed by the GTEs' tendencies to kill you going into corners, never seemed realistic for the cars to be so unstable on turn-in either, now the GT3s seem to have acquired similar traits, and that goes beyond the amount of wing you use.
    Been giving the AMG some love ever since it was released, was my favorite car, not least because it could be easily controlled on the brake/throttle through every phase of the corner.
    Latest example has lost the throttle adjustability, especially through fast corners you either keep the rear destabilized or if it bites there's no coming back from the power understeer.
    Meanwhile the turn-in has developed into the exact opposite, over rotation.
    Maybe these are all good things, I don't know, personally quite disappointed this is no longer the sweet handling car I could relate to.
    But that default setup has nothing going for it, I'm sure gaining half a tenth down a straight is useful and tactically important for defending/overtaking but you lose more than that not being able to attack corners as hard, get on the throttle as hard.
    Getting one quick lap out of it doesn't do anything for racing it.

7. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

If you find GTE cars in RF2 hard you got a LONG road ahead to improve your driving, seriously.
    Here i'm thinking that these gt cars are tad but too easy even though i use no electronic aids.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I wouldn't base the quality of the cars upon the default setups. This has allways been the case in rF2, since day 1. In general the cars allways shiped with crazy racey setups and as with the 911 GT3 some of them make no sense. I can't imagine Porsche telling their drivers to use no TC. But that's also the beauty of rF2. You are somehow allways forced to work with the car and it's charactersitics. And at the end I mostly find a setup that fits my driving style. You can carry the 911 GT3 beautifully over a longer stint with the right setup and I am pretty sure the same applies for the AMG. Just haven't driven it in ages. :)

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ok, I got snookered by the 1 wing setting. Because when I first try cars, I always use the default. Moving the wing up to more of a central setting, about 7 or 8 got rid of most of the Merc's evil habits. But here is the thing. I may be overthinking this: If the car is understeering, wouldn't increasing the rear wing ADD to the understeer? At VIR, I could still feel the fronts skate a little while going left/right thru both sets of esses and the end of the back straight. This added downforce does seem to also reduce that wonderful connection to the road I felt in a previous test at Portland. I'm guessing the downforce is compressing the tire more than my last test at Portland. I won't condemn the MERC so much now, but it STILL is ever so different from the rest...and this LITTLE bit of difference is ok, even expected.
    BUT THEY HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DEFAULT SETUP THEY ARE FORCING THE AI TO USE!!!!

Emery likes this.
  10. Kahel

Kahel Registered

The BOP, and setups in particular, were design with the gt competition in mind. Probably very little AI testing, if any...

Default setups felt a lot better (to me) than they used to, overall... with a few exception that felt unbalanced... and the merc was one of those car. Not a lot of testing tough, only focused on my fav cars, so it's just a first impression at best.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  11. Christos Segkounas

I am not though.
    My first gripe is the default setup itself.
    You either make a good one or a safe one.
    A wing 1 high speed killer won't help new drivers take to the Merc if it tries to kill them not just going into fast corners but letting go in one direction soon as you touch the brake.
    And default setups should be race ready, for those that do not have the experience or the time available to them to make a race setup, so they can get away with entering a race with the base one.
    Not hotlap-ready so they can enter a 1-lap competition.
    Which wouldn't be at Sebring because this setup is impossible.
    Also drove it at Portland, the setup can survive there for a few laps if driven with high precision but not giving any special lap times in return and always inside those first 10 mins that the tires provide some extra grip.
    Concerning physics changes, I noted the direction the cars took in terms of dynamics and handling, not sure it is the right one, personally I can cope, just not impressed.

12. Christos Segkounas

Credit where credit's due, the damper settings are very good, some good work's been done there.
    The car is naturally front end heavy so needs quite a bit more mechanical rotation, easy to achieve just with ARBs and springs, and more aero stability.

13. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Yeah... the setup guy probably got tired after dealing with so many GT3... can only imagine, just testing them was pretty tiresome :)

If you read it... setup guy... not too bad, just re-work the bentley, the merc and the 911...
    And like christos mentioned the set should be 'race' focus... so, even more testing needed... Probably too much to ask, and stuff like that could be done by the community itself... if the devs help in that direction.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  14. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Sounds like the setup guy likes to live dangerously.

Christos Segkounas and Kahel like this.
  15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest GT3 Updates

AstonMartin Vantage GT3 2019
    v1.77
    - AI: More forward downforce

Audi R8LMS GT3 2019
    v1.51
    - AI: Added slightly more grip

Bentley Continental GT3 2020
    v1.11
    - Adjustments to aerodynamics to reduce excessive front lift.
    - Fine tuned to ride height sensitivity.
    - Fixed cams
    - Updated brake disc materials
    - Adjusted cokcpit AO
    - Fixed shadow in showroom
    - AI: Added grip, especially front end

Callaway Corvette GT3 2017
    v2.91
    - Fixed wet tires starting temp
    - Adjusted collision mesh
    - Adjusted lower LODs (removed endurance light covers)

Ferrari 488 GT3 2020
    v1.29
    - Fixed onboard cam clipping the curbs
    - Adjusted bonnet cam
    - Fixed clipping TV cams
    - Adjusted rev lights on the rev limiter

McLaren 650S GT3 2017
    v2.77
    - AI: Reduced understeer

Mercedes AMG GT3 2017
    v2.87
    - AI: Reduced spinning in certain situations
    - AI: Reduced understeer
    - Adjusted collsion mesh

Porsche 911 GT3 R
    v1.69
    - Added speedo to dash

Radical RXC GT3 2017
    v2.77
    - AI: Slightly slowed down

16. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

Thanks for the update for us, offline players :D

TJones, Emery, Mydriaz and 2 others like this.
  17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

+1

18. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Much much better AI all around. Mercedes AI finally doesn't spin, Radical is not fastest by a mile. Bentley is not slowest by a couple of seconds. Testing on Nurburgring GP tracks (both chichane and no chichane), all cars were within a second. Well done.

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Looks like there was not enough time to fix the too wide wheel track width on the Callaway. Maybe next time. :)

Hope to find some time and try the update tomorrow.

Havner likes this.
  20. Havner

Havner Registered

Nothing I reported with regards to dashes and setups has been fixed as well. Doesn't look like they care.