CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

I've looked into the template and sadly I cant change the number because I don't have Photoshop (new to photo editing). Can I get around that somehow using GIMP or could someone pimp up my Ferrari livery in some way ?

2. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Member

If its just the number you want changing then DM me - even I should be able to do that in PS

@Jimmi Allison Thanks for organising this, a load of work for you but it was very enjoyable for us

Here is a stream from my "I am stupid" moment when blowing my engine with a few laps to go in race 2

Excuse any heat of the moment comments - its just passion

3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

That's not what the code of conduct says:
    13.6 Short-cut of track (decided automatically by the game): The penalties applied are as follows:
    13.6.1 First, second, third and fourth infractions – warning
    Fifth and subsequent infractions – Pit lane drive-through
    If the game deems the cut to be too excessive, it will overrule 13.6.2 and the penalty applied will automatically be a Stop-and-Go or DT

But I know that you can change those kinds of things for the specific race in the briefing which I didn't see.

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

The Code of Conduct is an ancient copy paste from SRC/VEC, just a filler.
    If the info was not in the briefing, you are expected to read Jimmis mind.

5. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

@Jimmi Allison reporting same problem for split 2, reverse grid was wrong, finished p9 in race 1 and started again from p9

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just as a note, this page which was linked to from the last roadmap:

https://www.studio-397.com/rfactor2-gt-series-2020/

Says the GT3 pack. I agree this thread takes precedence and does say all GT3 cars, which will help anyone aware the Ferrari GT3 came out, but one location for this information (like this thread) instead of separate pages with potentially differing information would be good. Anyway.

7. Or common sense or even better: reading the forum. Lucky, since i was asked the question. The cut exception was a simple mistake from the rule exception list, i didn't add it.
    Yeah yeah yeah it should have been posted, and it has been now.
    But the rules are not a filler, why would you even think that?

You have 3 warnings and then a penalty, that is one less. Remember you are only racing 15 and then 45 mins, if 3 warnings are not enough, then i dont know what will be.
    This has been updated in the first couple of posts so its clear - ANY exception to rules can and will be posted there.

If there is anything you are not clear on - then ask please, I think i am covering the most, but I dont think you expect me to read your mind now are you?

8. Forum thread ALWAYS overrule anything posted anywhere else. There are too many places where things can be edited and honestly i am trying to make sure forum posts are up to date, but sometimes its not as easy as it sounds as some guys wants answers on anything.
    Rules does state that the race thread needs to be read. I will do my outmost to keep 1-2-3 post up to date, so people dont have to read through 5-10 replies a week ;)
    I will get that page up to date though its an edge case, since forum clearly tells you to have all GT3 cars.

9. upload_2020-10-20_9-35-2.png
    @Nuno Miguel Abreu
    @ Will Dendy
    @Paun Robert
    @Chris Severt
    @Ben Crooks
    @ Alvaro arce Peinado
    @Miguel Ramos
    @Jose A Lopez
    @jannik Wind Gotthardsen
    @Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Left side on the image is split, then name in competition system and then name in rF2.
    Our rules are quit clear on naming, we need for you to use your real name, we dont want people hidding behind nicknames. I know its not nicknames, but please make sure this is correct. I dont mind editing it from our end - but you actually entered the name in the comp system.

Now comp system is closed and nothing can be done there, so for now i can fix it - but we need to know if we are doing it/or you will do it.

10. Its noted I know it worked in S1 since I was handeling that. I will look at the procedure, its very unfortuante for sure. I will make sure the correct procedure will be done.

Georgi Nedev and Adrian Blasco like this.
  11. Khalid Gherdaoui

Khalid Gherdaoui Registered

I was P2 in Q split 3 but the 1st race start so quickly and i was still with my Q setup, no enough fuel and i had to pit for refuel and of course the second race i start in.last position, and 1st corner somebody did lost control and he hit me so a another pit for me start 27 finish 19....
    GG all
    See next race...
    Sorry for my bad english

12. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

@Jimmi Allison I asked Christopher to change my name in the forum to Miquel Ramos, so I will keep that name in the sim all the season

13. Tomas Machan

Tomas Machan Registered

Hi Jimmi,
    first thank you for the race
    Please, if you can, add a link to download the circuits in the season. Probably many know what they are, but to be clear.

Tomáš Machán

14. Timotej Andonovski

Timotej Andonovski Registered

Jimmi, I noticed that in the IRRs we could not provide comments about the incidents we are reporting, like in other leagues you manage. Is this by design or a mistake?

15. Marcel Kempenaar

Marcel Kempenaar Registered

This might indeed be a little problem. In our split (6) I (was the only one though) noticed a 10 minute warmup after the Q-session. I do see now that Jimmy mentioned an immediate start of the race after Q, but I didn't read that on time. So I took a very short bio-break and returned to a race already started. Luckily I did change my setup but if someone ran the complete Q-session there was barely enough time to change the setup.

All in all, huge thanks though Jimmy, awesome work organising this, must be a great effort.

Khalid Gherdaoui likes this.
  16. They are in the workshop, i can add a general link. But i would rather not link to specific ID as they might change.
    By design, i could go as far as saying usually its just mod thrown and even in some cases not worth to read. I always watch the incident before reading anyway. I dont mind having a small text field, but usually its easier to not be coloured when watching an incident (remember we do not just watch it from one angle etc).
    That warmup session is really just needed after R1 to set the grid for R2, expect it to go forward really quick.

17. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

Maybe related to the malfunctioning of the reverse grid could be people logging off the server before the batch is applied, due to problems with rF2 app, or something else.
    I saw on split 5, people dropping from the server before and after the batch was processing.

18. Yes that is 100% an issue, as it already have sorted the drivers out that was there. Will review.

19. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

Thanks Jimmi, I hope this could help to solve it.
    This process on rF2 to reverse the grid is a mess right now, but it is what it is...

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  20. Giacomo Lapadula

Giacomo Lapadula Registered

hi, for race 2 Portland is the full course right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.