Why I can't love this game at the moment. The AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stockers, Apr 12, 2020.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

Let me understand what are the alternative at the status quo? Because MP in rF2 is lacking, not everyone want to take commitment to a league schedule!

2. Ariff

Ariff Registered

lolwut

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That is really an issue itself lol great insight

No other "issue" seems to be that much annoying. Once, if ever, rF2 AI is all flawless, then guys won't have excuses why they suck at racing lol Also the same is true about proper drivetrain, clutch, etc.... once it is in there won't be excuses anymore not to use it, because it is bit more difficult. If tire pressures are all correct someday, then there will be request for indicators of perfect pressures, which is just not happening in physically based model. If the features influencing need of searching alternative racing lines in wet are implemented, then there will be complaints of how it is too hard (unless it is done to be super easy, low difference). Hydroplaning ? Thats difficult too, not for a soyboy. Even in computer game lol

Hazi likes this.
  4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

It always will be the same game. People demanding improvements in various areas vs resources at S397. People demanding improvements in graphics, VR, car content, track content, UI, competition system, physics like clutch, track and environment temperature, tire pressure, rain racing and proper grip. And asking for improvements in AIs.

But Christopher Elliot already answered there will be improvements in AI. And there is even a new "AI" channel created at discord. Afaik this is telling that S397 will improve AI soon. So for the OP, i think AI is really on S397 list for next improvements.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Remco Majoor, GertjanD and Hazi like this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

This is such fantastic news!

GertjanD, DriverJay and DrivingFast like this.
  6. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Jesus hahaha milk it till it's time to move on. There is another phrase for that you know... selling out.

The devs have obviously placed themselves on a high horse and won't respond to in their mind the peasents on this forum. HEY DEVS NEWSFLASH just because you now develop rfactor 2 which is a very high and mighty task i will admit doesn't make you better than anyone else. You will eventually fall with this inflated pride you have created in your mind and just look at the state of the game and look at the emotions and feelings of the people who have paid for it and are not receiving what they paid for. Sorry but this is just the fact of the matter.

Agree with you. Absolutely ludacris and moronic!

Hey the truth is somewhat funny and a popcorn material. I am in the process of releasing a 1967 lotus 49 for rf2 tonight and the tire model is screwing me.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum, and that is a hard achievement to get

Rui Santos, Comante, Flaux and 3 others like this.
  8. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Alright Remco i feel like i should clarify. Yes this was a stupid post and i knew that even before i decided to type it out but i was so frustrated for other peoples hand in this post i felt like i had to press post. I will remove it as i do not believe this at all.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

Once you put it on the web , it will never go away. Remember.

10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Then why post it in the first place?

11. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Frustrated towards the devs.

12. lagg

lagg Registered

Welcome to the amazing-frustrating world of rF2.

J7166, DriverJay, Kahel and 2 others like this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Lol.

Frustrating is a good word.
    Good word but the sim is still amazing.

Rui Santos and lagg like this.
  14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

most deep relationships are often a love-hate relationship.

DriverJay, DrivingFast and lagg like this.
  15. lagg

lagg Registered

It's true.
    There are many things that you love or hate, but you can love and hate rF2 in equal parts, and frequently are the same things of rF2 what you love and hate (tyre model, modding, flexibility, etc).

mesfigas and vittorio like this.
  16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, the problem starts when you don't care anymore (that much). Probably the relationship is already over or only fake anymore.
    I love rF2 cause of FFB, tire model and physics and for being the one to simulate a 24h Nords race most realistic. yes, a lot to improve still: clutch, dynamic track temp or even track temp, correct rain grip ... and yes for those "little" lacks you could start to get a bit annoyed after some time.
    Though I hate S397 to not give me the historic cars I desire that much (BMW M1 Procar, legend Ford GT40, and many more). But I know I can't have it all.

EDIT: BTW, even Marcel said in his latest interview, that it is totally ok for him people are moaning about things not optimal or even not ok. Cause it shows him people care a lot. Which is a lot better people don't care (anymore)

dazzer and lagg like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You could have M1 Procar and every GT40 with potential and power of possible updates if needed in form of modding if you would only come down back to earth one day. :D

And now there is some power-wisdom from Clickfucius (me):

"If you want realism, you must get realistic yourself at first."
    Clickfucius, 2020

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Pardon? :)

EDIT: Well, you probably attack my preference for official S397 DLCs. Still, thats MY personal preference!
    BTW, whats so unrealistic to ask for legend historic cars in rF2 as a DLC? AMS2 even gives you BMW M1 Procar for free.

EDIT2: BTW, a poll (yes initiated by me) showed that I am by far not the only rF2 user asking for historic car DLCs. That poll even showed that 63% of rF2 users at forum want historic car DLCs (more than 58% race car DLCs and 21% street car DLCs), 155 people voted :
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....f2-what-does-your-heart-tell-you.64359/page-9

19. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

I already perfected the 1969 302ci gt40 in rf1. Maybe i should bring over to rf2 but I NEED HELP FROM A 3D MODDER.

I can do it alone to bring the physics and sounds over and make new ones to suit rf2 but the 3d will never be satisfactory? Do you not care?

Pm me if you want me to send you a link to the rf2 mod since it is from a friend type of thing but i know people will like it.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

<COUGH>LolaT260<COUGH>Mclaren M6A<COUGH>

Spitfire1 likes this.