CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splits 5-8 email sent out - a few with wrong emails. Feel free to contact me (but check spam/deleted etc folders before).

2. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

What a pitty not been able to use a custom skin in lower divisions, we spend time, and money on some cases, to do a good skin to reach the level of the champ, but now I can't use it...
    There is no option to change this on lower divisions?

Thank you

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  3. There are a lot of drivers that can't paint a livery and they need a place to race as well. I dont think it said anywhere you should go out and pay anyone to make livery. Not everyone is interested in doing so.

Alejandro Diaz Reina likes this.
  4. When that is said, everyone should expect some changes as drivers drop out. So they qualify for a session but then decide to not race, so people outside Split 4 may be moved into it. And then again inside the 4 top splits.

5. Charlie

Charlie Registered

Is the setups fixed for the whole season or are they open?

6. Timotej Andonovski

Timotej Andonovski Registered

A couple of questions, I know how much you love these Jimmi:

- Will we have a dedicated practice server? If so, will the details for it be sent to us via email? The later question applies to the race server as well.
    - It's mentioned that the start is rolling. Are we going with Season 1 starts where the leader sets off and everyone follows or are we going to use the new in-game system used in VEC (or something similar)?
    - When it comes to qualifying, are we allowed to press ESC or must we complete an in-lap? Seeing that Sebring is the first race, will the standard rule of not being allowed to touch the white line in the last corner on your out-lap still apply?

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  7. Server will come online at 1900 on race day - not sooner, not later.

Briefing for each race will be sent out with whatever exceptions and guideline is needed. So i can't give all specifics of all tracks now.
    Sebring is the first race yes and just like always... you cant cheat by going wide... again briefing will have this explained. If you need to do laps, then dont go wide on your outlap. Not by a mm.
    Its rolling start, i doubt anything will change. Also explained in driver briefing.
    Qualifying - same briefing - i doubt nothing will change.
    Expect things to be very similar to S1. Again briefing with info and pass etc will be sent out.
    I hope that clears it up a bit, certain things cant be explained before briefing.

8. It is open setup.

9. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

how many seasons per year are planed? one or two?

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  10. James Varney

James Varney Registered

Great!! I didn’t get an email. Do I need to be more patient :)

11. James Varney

James Varney Registered

12. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

i don't think you're qualified as you're in position 382 out of 386

13. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

Thanks for your answer Jimmy.
    I just want to share my thoughts about this, because, last season, I was in a hurry to create a skin because I was qualified on Split 4 due to some drivers singed off, and I had only some hours to paint a skin and send it.

So, I thought, that in this season it would be the same procedure, as in the presentation Post of Season 2 is not stated that the skin is only mandatory for top 4 splits.

Livery submission:
    As per rules, we require a custom made livery, the deadline is 14 October

However, I will do my races on my split and try to move up to the top4 divisions to be able tu use my skin.

Thanks again for your time, and for this amazing championship.

PD: People, do never forget that S397 are giving us this champ, for free, so we can only thank them for it.
    It seems that this champ has arrived to stay a long time, so let's get it better and better every season.
    First step is that every driver show up on all races, and try to finish your races if your car allows you, obviously
    But it is a shame to start a race with 30 drivers, and finish only 12-15. Don't leave the race if you get to the grass before you wanted, get back on the track, and try to finish the race.
    And secondly, for the entire season, please, don't leave the last races with only half of the grid at the staring lights.
    Good luck everyone!

14. James Varney

James Varney Registered

That makes sense however I did ask and was told everyone would be entered. Probably misunderstood the reply

15. James Varney

James Varney Registered

If anyone quits out maybe I can stand in (desperate sorry )

16. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

As advised by Jimmi Allison, i'm posting the question I asked on discord a few days ago, just to be sure:
    Are you doing a vmod for the whole series or one per round? I'm asking because it would be nice for me, and a few others from what I saw on discord, that it could be a vmod per round, so we who still don't have the tracks could purchase them as we go.

thanks in advance

17. Good to get this posted here as well. I was planning on make a full series mod for Split 5-8, but i see the points being made. So it will be done on a race to race basis. So you need the GT3 cars + the track for that round.

18. Giacomo Lapadula

Giacomo Lapadula Registered

hi all, race schedule times are in CET/CEST?

19. Lets check the rules

Giacomo Lapadula likes this.
  20. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Thanks! Just to be sure: that applies to splits 1 through 4 as well, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.