Fanatec CSW V2.5 FFB Settings

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nuno Fernandes, Dec 8, 2017.

1. BoskaPongen

BoskaPongen Registered

How do you even get a Fanatec 2.5 + V3 pedals to work in this game? It detects the wheel in game, but no reaction whatsoever on any button, paddles, pedals etc. If i try to map something it does not register it at all. Ded. (Latest demo).

NOTE: Friend has same issue with his CSL Elite / McLaren rim.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Not sure if this will help but I always have to power on my CSW before running rF2. If I run rF2, then power on the wheel, it won't be recognized.

Try rebooting your machine, then powering on the CSW, then running rF2 and see if that helps.

3. BoskaPongen

BoskaPongen Registered

Thanx but it was on before launching the game. Was in iRacing jsut before that and it worked there. Strange that it detects the wheel if i press [DETECT]. Will try play around some more.

4. BoskaPongen

BoskaPongen Registered

Got it to work. Before you can map anything else you need to map the steering first (left/right), then it all worked....

5. Jarno

Jarno Registered

Any news about these Fanatec recommended settings?

6. mancslo

mancslo Registered

7. Jarno

Jarno Registered

Any news about this? It's been pretty quiet......

8. Tech G

Tech G Registered

I just stumbled across this the other day for anyone that hasn't seen them already.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/658/rfactor-2-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings

General Notes:
    - The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for rFactor 2 (PC). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that rFactor 2 uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- In order to apply the suggested settings correctly, it is important to assign both the Tuning Menu values AND the suggested In-Game settings together.

- rFactor 2 has the ability to provide a 'raw' force feedback signal that can generate significant mechanical noise on some wheel bases, which can be reduced through a combination of lower FEI values (Fanatec Tuning Menu) and higher FFB Smoothing values (rFactor 2 menu). This is highly dependent on the vehicle selected - the Skip Barber 2013, for example, communicates more surface detail with FFB Smoothing at max (32) than the BMW M6 GTE 2018 with FFB Smoothing at 0. While it is important to keeping smoothing to a minimum for the most 'detail', it is not unreasonable to add a significant amount of smoothing (values above 10) for some vehicles.

- 'Car Specific FFB Mult' is a value that should be adjusted in combination with the clipping tool. In doing so you can maximise the dynamic range of the FFB but lose some of the feeling of variety between car types.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
    Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 45
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    DRI -02
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 060

*SPR and DPR values have no effect.

In-Game Settings:
    FFB Smoothing: User Preference
    FFB Minimum Torque: 0

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  9. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

I have CSW v2.5 + CSW Formula Carbon + ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted and this is my setup for most of the cars
    Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS - 85
    DRI -05
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    BRF 50
    FEI (0 - 100) Depends on the car (mostly 0 since a lot of cars provide too strong rumble effects when going over kerbs or on the grass)

In-Game Settings;
    FFB Smoothing: 0
    FFB Minimum Torque: 0

SPR and DPR are absolutely game changers for me, I drove long time with DPR set to 0, but after changing to 100, FFB is top notch for me, not just in rf 2 but all other sims. So not sure if it is wheel related, but for me, setting DPR to 100 and DRI to -5 got the best FFB by far compared to any other Tuning Menu setup.

10. mlodymaytek

mlodymaytek Registered

Hi

Maybe a dummy question but in default controller file for CSW we read:

"Steering torque capability":2.5,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",

Plays this attribute any role ? I'm asking because probably it should be change when it goes about CSW

Thanks,
    Przemek

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

12. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

These are my settings for the CSW-2.5

SEN - Auto (must be this for auto rotation to work correctly in game) (For AC and ACC set SEN to 900.)
    FF - 100 (reducing this probably reduces small details in the FFB)
    SHO - 100
    ABS - 85
    DRI - OFF
    FOR - 50 (adjust this to give the amount force you want - does not effect the clipping point)
    SPR - 40
    DPR - OFF
    FEI - 70

In game settings.
    Multiplier - .8 average (adjust get the correct clipping point) (change to suit particular car)
    Smoothing - 5
    Vehicle set - Ticked
    FF Min - 1%

These settings seem to work well with RF2 - AMS - AC - ACC. Adjust in game settings to suit your preference.
    I don't like a ridiculous amount of FFB, I just want detail and these settings suits my requirements. You don't need to be superman to drive a real car.
    Hope some body find these settings works for them.

13. mlodymaytek

mlodymaytek Registered

My set CSW 2.5 + McLaren + CSP v3
    I have noticed that depends on how I connect csp (to wheelbase or to pc) the controller.json is changed.
    Can someone explain to me why and and how to read this change ?

PS X and Y are brake and throttle Axis Differences.JPG

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thinking of getting the clubsport v2.5 and V3 pedals so this has been an interesting read, going from a Logitech DFGT I'm expecting a big step up, especially in the pedals department. How's the reliability on them?

15. Highlandwalker

Have a look at this thread.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/best-wheels-for-rf2.67074/
    This be of help as well.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/fanatec-wheel-base-drivers.66464/
    I've had my CSW-2.5 and formula carbon wheel for about a year and have had no problems what's so ever also no problems installing drivers. I have had a set of CSL-LC pedals for 2 years with out any problems, I can't comment about the V3 pedals but they should be more reliable because they do not use potentiometers for the throttle or clutch. Hope this is of help.

Paul McC likes this.
  16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thanks that's exactly the kind of thread I was looking for! Now it's the tough decision between CSL with loadcell and shifter or CSW with loadcell and shifter. 500 Euro difference! Can't get over the amount of folks sell Fanatec gear on eBay for prices well beyond the actual price direct from Fanatec!

17. lap345

lap345 Registered

Does anyone know how to check for ffb clipping when using rf2 with a csw? I've come across various online posts about a plug-in but they were quite old posts and I don't think it has worked since the dx11 update.
    I don't think I'm getting clipping with the settings I'm running but would be nice to see where it's at.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are two methods that I know of, but I don't know the specifics of either. Using Motec, some users have set up a channel that somehow displays clipping. There is a 3rd party app, not a plugin, that uses a smart phone or tablet to transmit hud information. One of the processes you can monitor is clipping. But again, I don't know how. Look for Simhub. It costs money, but not a-lot.

19. Highlandwalker

I use the the Simhub version to check clipping. I found if use it for period time you will start to feel when the clipping occurs by the amount of FFB is being transmitted through the wheel. With settings of .75 to .85 in the multiplier in the game avoids clipping for most cars, I usually start at .75 and then increase if it feels bit light or decrease if it feels a bit heavy. I have gone as low as .3 for one particular car, my highest setting for any car is .9. Hope this may be helpful.

20. Kahel

Kahel Registered

And another thing to add to the 'to do' list... a freaking ffb meter tool S397 :D

Xzanman likes this.