CS-closed GT Pro Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Intro:

Drivers get ready!
    Welcome to GT Pro Series. The season will be based upon last season top 20 and top 5 in GT Challenge and top 5 in relegation.
    Read more on our website

Required content:
    We will be using all our GT3 cars and tracks as posted below.

Splits:
    There will be no splits in Pro Series as it will remain locked for the season. However Challenge Series will have splits.

Broadcast:
    We will be broadcasting our Pro race on our Twitch channel

Livery submission:
    As per rules, we require a custom made livery, the deadline is 7th October at 12:00 (timezone as per rules)

Name vs nickname:
    We require every participants to use their real name in game, in our competition system and on our forum. We need to be able to recognize you. If you have a nickname and need to change it - contact our staff.

Season schedule:
    12 October: Sebring / Replays
    26 October: Portland / Replays
    9 November: VIR / Replays
    23 November: Nurburgring / Replays
    7 December: Indianapolis / Replays
    21 December: Spa / Replays

Race day details:
    Race length:
    15/45 minutes
    Pro Race day: every other Monday
    In-game race time: 15:00

Schedule:
    Schedule:

19:00 - Open practice
    20:00-20:15 - Qualifying
    20:15 - Race start sprint
    20:30 - Race ends (+ 1 lap)
    20:35 - Race start main
    Heavy rubber at start of practice, remember this builds for the sessions until restarted.

Rules:
    Code of conduct
    For this series we will use the following exceptions to the standard rulebook.
    Races will have:
    • Rolling starts
    • Weather scripted on raceday (announced in a forum post)
    • Points system: (+ participation points)
      Sprint race: 20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
      Main race: 35-30-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
      Participation (per round) points: 150
    • 3 warnings before cut track penalty (but game controls this, so you might get a penalty before if you cut hard)
    • Penalties will be added to race time on the actual race
    • You are allowed to move once to defend position, but NOT when entering braking zone.
    Up until livery submission you may choose car

After the season - overall standings
    Position 30-26 to drop out of Pro Series
    Position 25-21 to go into relegation
    Position 20-1 secured a spot for next Season of Pro Series already

How to qualify:
    Race in Challenge and finish in top 5 to be moved into Pro. 6th-10th is invited into relegation.

Protest here
    Standings, results, entry list and IRR

Prizes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2020
    arneschoonvliet likes this.
  2. Updated rules
    - Avoidable contact will be changed to time penalty. Can vary between 5-60 seconds
    - You are allowed to defend position ONCE before braking, as soon as you brake you are not allowed to. If you move too late you can and will be penalized for any contact.
    - Last round will not be excluded from drop round
    - You are allowed to use pitexit blend line when overtaking

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

"Last round will not be excluded from drop round" i recall some weird discos in GT challenge on last round out of eigher game/server/driver/act of god certainly all rounds being able to be elegible of droping would give some justice to those unjust moments o/

4. Its unfortunate is this happens - but I saw plenty of drivers not even bothering showing up (in both Pro and Challenge) including the reason "well its just a drop round" so no - last round will NOT be a drop round at all.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  5. Deadline added, i will send out template links and submission link to each driver as soon as possible. I am waiting on the final template.

6. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Any news for the prizes?

7. Yuri Kasdorp

Yuri Kasdorp Registered

Could my teamname be changed to R8G Esports? Same for Hany. Thanks

8. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

My team name is Burst Esport.

Every other driver who drives under Burst needs their team name changed to Burst Esport too, not Burst Esports.

Thank you.

Jernej Simoncic likes this.
  9. No, if there were it would have been posted, nothing fixed just yet - so very similar to last season where nothing was settled straight away.
    sure but that first post is mostly to give you an idea about teams AND your number. And since drivers changes team names a lot its a mess to try and keep track of - but should be fixed now.

10. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

hi @Jimmi Allison i dont see livery files naming rules, can u refresh us plz? ty also do u preffer "05" or "5"

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  11. I will send out an email tomorrow with requirements and link to livery submission (prefer - no leading zero, thats the number "5" not "05")

Nico Barclay likes this.
  12. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Hi @Jimmi Allison , looking back at the first season (and the M2), I think there is no need to deal with the region layers in the PSD files. I just don't want to waste my valuable time when it's unnecessary.
    And how do you want to get the Team logo (Buttler-Pal Motorsport) - same upload like the PSD files or per mail?

cheers...

13. Logo is just PNG and yes upload it same place. That and the "2 questions" was very late addition to the email, sorry didnt get to really explain that too well. But whereever, not super important. But yes it would help if it was simply added to the same file.
    Region layers - that is up to you, if you do not want to use those extra possibilities then dont.

Frank Murphy likes this.
  14. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

THX Jimmi.
    PSD files for cars #23 & #28 were uploaded. I defined all REGION layers and added a 'showroom material editor' screenshot to the uploads. Buttler-Pal Motorsport logos (dark & light version) were also added to the uploads.

15. Michi Hoyer

Michi Hoyer Member

Very sorry @Jimmi Allison we have detected a mistake in the livery files too late. I have reuploaded the cars #5, #18 and #30 just a minute ago. Sorry fo inconvenience

16. I dont work with AM/PM so
    means 12:00 (noon) so about 4 hours still. Lets just hope i pick the right ones then :)

17. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

I'm sorry too. I had to reupload the #23 PSD a few minutes ago because I've forgotten to change the number on the numberplate.
    ...definitely not slept enough in the last few nights...

18. Ping - i still miss a few liveries, i have begun making the mod - so you need to hurry if you have not submitted.

19. Vojta Polesny

Vojta Polesny Registered

Welcome in Vette Pro Cup S2!

20. Please try again to contact Chris, we need that nickname changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.