Latest Roadmap Update - September 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes new hardware finally available I’m intetested in, I decided to not bother at the last gen nvidia’s & AMD’s hardware releases, now PC tech is starting to look interesting again
    AMD announcing/releasing during October too

I’m hoping to buy/build shortly after Christmas , my motion setup has been sitting dormant for a couple of years so will be nice to dust it off

hardwares got better & softwares got better
    Win Win

took up a few new hobbies in the meantime customised a cycle & converted It to electric & got into drones, looking forward to sim racing in VR again though

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

are Sebring and Azure updated with the last shaders ?
    about the new track, it's SPA.....not my favorite at all, my favorite is Brands Hatch...
    And what about Reiza rF2 bundle tracks, will they be updated with the new shaders ?

Adrianstealth likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

at the end of this year Reiza said they were going to look at it

2ndLastJedi and Adrianstealth like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Nurbschleife looks nice. I see a couple of details to give feedback from those promo screens, but whatever, I don't want to cause one more day of delay, assuming such influence is even possible by mere mortal haha. I am so looking forward to it !

Edit. Did I mentioned that nordschleife really appears awesome?!

Ps. What's that TBA track ? I have never heard of such track lol Imagine calling track that is not Spa by the name - Tba.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Looking forward to Nurburgring.

I'd really like to see a couple of areas updated though:
    -working ABS/TC lights in the cockpit
    -Dirt/smoke/particle textures. Right now they're terrible. Would be nice to see an update.

6. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Nordschleife - it would be nice with the possibility to use a short outlap.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Spa? I would think so, but haven't seen anything official. Have you seen something?
    Reiza's tracks and cars are Reiza's responsibility. S397 is like a consignment seller. As stated above, once Reiza's work load settles down from their new sim, they will look at updating their products.

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is not Spa, it is Tba.

I am also a big fan of Brands Hatch, wonderful oldskool track.

If Reiza is going to update their tracks I promise to buy AMS2 and have a go at it :D (I know that it is not important information lol)

NORDSCHLEIFE ! NORDSCHLEIFE ! NORDSCHLEIFE !

memoNo1 likes this.
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I hope itsnt Spa. The new Ferrari GT3 Evo is out. I tried it and it’s awesome.

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think SPA is in the Top 3 of the most anticipated laser tracks on rF2.

We could surely add Bathurst.
    The 3rd I don't know.

I would be very happy if it was SPA :

The layout is incredible, the track is really one of the most beautiful and this track is incredibly popular.

F1 2004, Rui Santos and Adrianstealth like this.
  11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Spa , Monza & yes Brands Hatch

all iconic tracks that need to be in,
    anyone of them I’ll grab without hesitation
    ( if laser scanned of course )

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The truth is that it is always same ones, and of course laserscanned to be even more same lol

Adrianstealth likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

They are ripped tracks from a different product, so I guess it wouldn't be agood idea to use them on official ranked servers in the future and it'll certainly help to build a bigger and more interesting track portfolio for the product itself. Besides that, I think too that we will see more endurance and FE tracks, as this seems to be the focus. So Spa or Daytona seem to be the next plausible options for upcomming tracks.

It's a bit of a roadmap with less fireworks and explosions and there are a few things that make me wonder if the priorities are set right. I have no insight into the development process obviously, but when I read that the attack mode for FE is being worked I wonder if there aren't more important issues where coders and their manpower are needed. We still have no proper transmission and drive train model that basicly affects every car and yet there is a gimmick being worked on, that suits just one type of content for a very specific series. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that you are working on revolutionary features, but it's a shame that there is no proper clutch and h-shifter support after all this time, while it's genre standard at this point and one of the most requested features. I can't remember when I read someone complaining about the lack of the attack mode and yet there is no word since months on a new gearbox and drive train model and it would be nice to put it to use in the near future. :(

Ariff and memoNo1 like this.
  14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Laserscan (with noise removed :p) is definitely worth the money these tracks are on rF2. But I do think it's overrated too. Unless you are a real driver practicing for a real race, you'r not going to notice the difference between laserscan and without.

Ariff, Mauro and Rui Santos like this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Remco Majoor I agree on principle, but when there are obvious layout issues if LS is the only fix option available I'll take it.

Take Bathurst: I wouldn't necessarily miss it, but having the version we have in the game makes a laser version a must have. One lap on the (ripped, illegal) laser version and you know you can't drive the 3PA one again.

16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, i drove the laserscanned bathurst in many sims, but had no problem going to the 3PA track at all

17. Kahel

Kahel Registered

As much as I respect and enjoyed the 3PA tracks since their release... It's not good enough going foward... I'm more in the Lazza side... there is really no going back.

mesfigas likes this.
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Sebring for example..
    Bumps + layout realism

In a realistic sim, laser is the way to go for official tracks.

Same for official cars :
    In realistic sim, only real data, licensed, etcetera.

Pawel44 and Adrianstealth like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, let's be practical: I have driven on it since for online racing, but I felt like I had to commit to it as a Bathurst-like track. Previously I had felt like it wasn't quite right but lived with it; the first lap on the laser version (I think I've done 2 total) the whole top section was like coming home. Waiting for that Forrest elbow bump... nope, that's gone too. Even the crown down Conrod.

Granted I've watched many of the Bathurst races since the mid 80s and pounded around something like 2000 laps in a public room when I first got rF1 (on the ORSM version that had its own issues) so the extra familiarity does add to the "man, that's just not right" disappointment. (I imagine the 3rd party Nords versions were the same for many people, whereas I didn't mind)

I personally would have aborted the 3PA version as soon as trying it in whatever game it came from, but I get a representation is better than none. And of course no offense to woochoo (I think?) who did a fine job taking the source and bringing it to rF2.

Laser vs non is a whole discussion in itself and has already been had.

2ndLastJedi and pkelly like this.
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This !

Also please make the glowing cars at night go away :eek: Not sure why the new shader cars have this issue ??

New track is hopefully Laser Scanned Mount Panarama :cool:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    Dady Cairo likes this.