What to do with half GT3 Pack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carlos Eduardo Araujo, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

Last August we bought the GT3 Challenger Pack (Aston, Bmw, Mclaren, Audi and Porshe) on Steam Brazil.

I have Rfactor 2 for a long time, and now meeting some friends online, I was invited to ride this simulator.

However, I can not walk on the servers, because the Pack containing Mercedes and Bentley no longer exists and as I am not used to consulting forums, I did not know that it would cease to exist, and Steam never talked about it and did not put out any warning.

Is there any idea of separating the cars into packages? Or do we have to buy the cars individually?

Ho3n3r, marciovs28 and acizans like this.
  2. acizans

acizans Registered

Hi.
    As Steam Brasil did not warn that the Pack was going to be discontinued, maybe 397 could reassemble the packs so that we can complete them, or a good discount on separate cars. It makes no sense for me to buy a pack with cars I already have.
    Or, start to change the shape of the Packages, being able to enter the races with only the cars I own, just like in Raceroom, for example.

3. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

Here in Brazil, buying the Power Pack cars individually (+ or - 150 reais in our currency) will have basically the same value as the FULL GT3 package (190 reais in our currency)

It would be very welcome to reactivate the GT3 power pack so that we can complete the GT3 grid. When I purchased the Challenger Pack, I never knew that the other pack would be discontinued

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Sry to say, but that whole rF2 Steam DLC system is broken and at best just confusing. As I understand you have the GT3 Challenger Pack (Aston, Bmw, Mclaren, Audi and Porsche) and need Mercedes and Bentley to join servers. As I understand you have to buy the single car DLCs Mercedes and Bentley for €9,98 to join.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  5. acizans

acizans Registered

I have this problem. I bought a pack (Aston, Audi .....) but I can't play because they disassembled the other gt3 pack (Mercedes, Bentley ....)

6. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

I need more 6 cars, from other Pack.

acizans likes this.
  7. Saulo Rocha

Saulo Rocha Registered

Same here, i bought ONE pack and now I have to pay 4x more to have half the current pack because I already have the rest of the cars. Why at least didn't posted a notice when the pack would be removed?

8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

A single post wouldn't solve that problem either, cause if you missed that post you still have same problem. I don't have a solution, but I know this has to get solved.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  9. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

https://www.studio-397.com/2020/07/roadmap-update-july-2020/

There was already an aftersale for people to complete their GT3 collection, which lasted about 2 months (instead of the 2 weeks mentioned in the roadmap). This happend after the two GT3 packs got merged and people who owned only one of the packs felt left out.

Ernie and Remco Majoor like this.
  10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

@Kevin van Dooren so you still understand what past packages gave you what cars and what package to buy to get you a full grid, or to get you all cars for a full package sold in the past? As was asked here? If that is the case I am very impressed. Cause I am reading every rF2 thread (at least at News & Notifications and General Discussion) and all rF2 Roadmaps and still have zero clue about packages. Looking into Steam database and there at rF2 DLCs the problem even gets worse. I don't even know what packages -> cars I have bought in the last years.

To be honest, with steam as a selling plattform alone for me that is an unresolveable problem. Maybe you have a solution? Or maybe you could explain us the current Steam DLC only solution and why it should just work and why we are all too stupid?

11. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

12. acizans

acizans Registered

@Kevin van Dooren I bought it at the end of August, because they didn’t say it would end, I could have scheduled to buy it, since I left it to buy later. I had to raise funds, after all. I don't follow forums, I follow Steam, and there was no warning there.

13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

looking forward too ...

EDIT: btw, when buying content at iRacing, althoug very expensive, i feel like a king. as the saying is: customers should be kings. when i buy rF2 content at Steam I feel like a total idiot. It never worked and everytime i want to buy something i already feel bad before i buy. now it even gets more difficult, i don't even know what I have to buy ...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  14. acizans

acizans Registered

Steam Db is not "my Steam" bro Where is the warm "gt3 pack is will over"?

15. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

This form only groups the 6 cars. There is no discount. When I bought it I paid one of the packs it cost R$ 46.65, today it is R$ 161.75.

We are talking about an increase of almost 4 times !!

16. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Unfortunately we are facing several problems to enter the game platform. We like the game very much, but these problems with the packs keep a lot of people away.

Many who could and wanted to be here spending money, prefer to do it in other simulators. We are few, I know ... but we can give our point of view, our contribution.

We have a lot of people with only half a GT3 package, and if we want to race, we basically have to race among ourselves ... because the vast majority of rooms, championship, 4fun and these events EVERYONE needs all cars, which few have ... and with this situation we are getting further and further away.

17. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

With all due respect I will ignore this message, for me it was a joke. We have the official content, which we pay for it.

But OK, I found it on the roadmap where you talk about the 2-week deadline to buy the packs. We missed the deadlines to buy, our mistake.

But unfortunately many are only half a pack, and many are already putting the game aside. Waiting for promotions.

18. Fred Vaz

Fred Vaz Registered

I'm trying to subscribe some championship but i must have all contents... it's not fair... Why i penalize if i don't want to race with Mercedes or Bentley, for exemple? Disapointed....

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  19. Comante

Comante Registered

In all honesty: if you prefer to not play instead of find cars that you and your friends have , and use them, is your choice. Unfortunately at the present moment, rf2 has 12 gt3 , and you need them all to run on a server that has them all. The problem will surface again if and when a new gt3 will enter the field.

20. Kahel

Kahel Registered

It can be a pretty bad surprise for those who bought only they favorite gt3 and realize later, that they can't use it online...
    Let's at least recognize that...
    Not everybody is supposed to know this, especially since it's not mentionned cleary on steam... and it's a thing for one of the most popular sim out there... yet, another thing that migh mislead the average joe...