Released New!!! Radical SR3 XX 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2020.

1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

So do we to take this into account while making setup ?
    I read in radical manual it says to manage front corner weight we have to adjust rear height.(diagonally)
    If it is possible can you guys implement real time load on each wheels ? so that we can get corner weight in such unique cars right.
    Thanks for the response.

davehenrie likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

OK, thanks for the reply. I think this must mean the car originally was designed soley as a right hand drive vehicle and then modified to a left hand drive. That would mean there are parts other than the steering rack/dash that could not be flipped to maintain the balance of the car. I drove both at Riverside and I was actually pretty close with both cars as far as lap time, but I had more moments where the back wanted to step out during the two 180° degree right hand turns when using the unbalanced car.

4. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I just now realised that weight distribution is ->>
    (L)53.5:46.5 (R) laterally

The driver sits in the right hand side in SR3 XX (Even in car select screen it says "right drive" ) BUT still the weight is higher on left side !
    Even wheel loads on left sides are higher->>(Sorry for bad quality img)

IMG_9083.JPG

I'm honestly confused.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That's what we have been talkin' about Slip, I was sure Radical would have designed the car to flip left or right with no differences, but I guess I was wrong.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Maybe it is meant to turn left ? :D

Paul McC likes this.
  7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oddest looking NASCAR I've ever seen!

8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

What i find odd is that driver sit on right side and if rf2 considers driver weight then the radical should be heavier on right hand side.
    BUT if you look at wheel loads (which i posted above) and look at weight distribution laterally in chassis setup menu the car is heavier on left hand side by quite alot.
    If i remember correctly i saw in official radical manual that there is ballast available and it is one of the first things to setup in this car.
    It also says in the manual that corner weight on front wheel (load on front wheels) should have difference higher than 5kg.
    Now if you do some calculations based on in-game wheel loads
    we get wheel loads
    (L)166.9Kg and 144.9Kg(R)
    Thats 22 Kg !! of difference and official manual strictly says that difference should not be more 5 Kg.
    Sorry for the long post but in all honesty RF2 is the first sim where i drove radical and instantly liked the concept behind it.
    But it really handles quite differently as i observed its IRL videos so i figured this might be the reasons.

I'm up for good discussions if you guys have something to add.

Heres is the picture from manual->>
    IMG_9084.jpg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Bidle likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Slip_Angel mate. Seriously.

The manual doesn't talk about ballast in that way (the car setup part does mention using ballast to represent driver weight) and nowhere does it give any limit - strict or not. edit: yep, I'm an idiot.

Happy you finally found the manual, but read the bloody thing properly.

Edit:
    *sigh*

What I said about ballast is true. The other I'll go dig a hole and bury myself in it.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    CrimsonEminence likes this.
  10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

@Lazza I understand the ballast part now, the wording in the manual was not clear enough for me.
    As it says in ballast on seat but doesn't specify which seat driver's or passenger but i understand now.

11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I just wanna post this suggestion again just in case it gets lost in my wall of texts
    Is it possible to implement a feature so that we can see real time load after we make some setup changes? this will help tune asymmetrical cars like radical
    like in ACC we can see aero variation

12. lagg

lagg Registered

I suposse that you can do this with SimHub

13. Travis

Travis Registered

I'm seeing the digital rev counter very obviously flicker with the new rF2 build. Anyone else have the same issue?

FWIW I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers and 4x MSAA and Low PP.

14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Read that it has a Suzuki engine. Funny bike, uncomfortable to sit on and so heavy - I don't have much of an idea of how to drive it.

But back on topic - is there a difference between the old one and the new one? I really like the look of the new one.

15. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

365960_screenshots_20210201195241_1.jpg @Marcel Offermans maybe S397 should give more love to this car?

Where did it get the second monitor from the old SR3? On top of that the LCD on wheel is blinking due to an bug...

mesfigas likes this.
  16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

At least write that you won't do anything about it.

I understand if it were a free car. But a car for 5€ shouldn't be in this condition. :(

17. lagg

lagg Registered

It's strange.
    We are doing a championship with this car and nobody has complaines about the problem of the LCD of the wheel.

18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I will try to make a video in the evening.

lagg likes this.
  19. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hi @R.Noctua I tried to replicate this last night and managed to do so - seems to be most prominent when coasting - I've passed it over to the development workflow to be looked at.

Many thanks

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

About the difference of between the old and new Radicals, the main difference is the digital steering wheel. That and only having right hand drive. The look is the same(body shape), the skins, are ... very well done.

R.Noctua likes this.