Released Latest GT3 Updates (Includes BOP)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

@Christopher Elliott Can you please fix car descriptions so that every livery can be selected as AI. Lots of liveries can't be selected because of the same or similiar description for 2 vehicles. Tnx

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  2. Havner

Havner Registered

Why not show both, TC _and_ ABS? Also, in this Aston Martin you actually are showing TC instead of ABS but you put that in ABS circle.
    Also, why not unify the dash with GTE variant? Those are actually the same cars, just in different specs.

Porsche GT3 has TC set to OFF in the default setup. Is this intentional? GT3 car is supposed to be driven without TC?
    EDIT: Radical also has TC OFF by default.
    You could also unify numbering. Sometimes 0 is OFF, sometimes it's 1. On some cars in the garage menu it'll have a range 1-10, while in the car itself (dash and adjustments) it will be 0-9. All of this is really chaotic and misleading.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Toro, Alessio Feletto and davehenrie like this.
  3. Gio Nuvoli

Gio Nuvoli Registered

This is a very interesting news!!! Are you planning to do some about the packers heights like you did on the GTE class if it possible to know?
    Thxxxxxx

4. Havner

Havner Registered

It does feel a little bit off compared to other GT3. The understeer FFB effect is much more pronounced (like in AC with enhanced understeer turned on) and seems to be happening a little bit earlier than the physics actually seems to understeer.

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The wheel range lock from the Mercedes and Callaway is still to low. You can't drive tight corners in a reasonable way and in narrow pit lanes you simply drive into the wall. That is a bit of a pity. I know that the real Corvette offers 20 instead of only 12 degrees wheel range lock. And what i don´t understand is that we can´t see the brake distribution and TC in the dash like in the GTE cars.

Toro, SRGP, Ernie and 1 other person like this.
  6. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke Registered

What about the optimal tire pressure/temps for those cars? It looks like running minimum pressure on the GT3/GTE cars results in the best times without any significant drawbacks. Any comment on that? Is that really the case?

7. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

Do you think so? Schwedenkreuz said no :D (Default Setup with full tank ;) )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Christopher Elliott

It feels smooth, understandable and just wonderful.
    The new battleship sticks in the curves when the tires are warm!
    However, there are two problem points: The in-game steering wheel is not synchronized. And the FFB is pretty strong.
    I have to throttle down to 55 to 60% CSW 2.5. Thanks for the great gift.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

you must be new here :p

It has always been the case, as rF2 doesn't simulate flat tires. Also track temps don't affect tire temps as of yet, which I will complain non stop about until that will happen. Maybe that will add tire strategy.

Rui Santos, Ernie and davehenrie like this.
  10. Grobi

Grobi Registered

Very good Patch! But two things could be improved.
    1. look at the picture
    2. For me, the force feedback from the 650s is way too strong (unsing T300rs)

Greetings Grobi

upload_2020-9-23_21-26-6.png

Attached Files:

11. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

in terms of ffb, i like both, the bentley and the more weight (think thats a higher caster) in the 650S steering

Bidle likes this.
  12. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Missed this update as I was focus too mich on my work.
    What an amazing update, can’t wait to get to try all of them again; Thanks!!
    One question; When can we expect the fuel mixture to be added? Just curious, as this would be a real nice feature!

ps. Enough fun to keep us busy for the long awaited Ferrari. ;-)

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And probably also noticable during off throttle engine braking.

14. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Sooooo.....I have to do my GT3 5-lap challenge series again?? :p:D

15. J7166

J7166 Registered

Really am enjoying the updates. Base setups are miles better now too, so thank you.
    It seems there are more updates coming to these cars at some point, so I will give it more time yet.....but I must mention the AMG still has some major issues. Rev lights still aren't correct gearing seems much different than it does in other sims, the front end of this car is so light you get no feel for it, despite being front engined. And the biggest issue for me is the AI still absolutely Can Not drive this car. It's like they AI use max steering lock at every corner no matter what and can barely complete a lap without crashing. I think these have been reported plenty of times before, but one more time couldn't hurt. Not trying to be a Debbie downer here, but I was hopeful these would be resolved in this update.

16. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

S397, please improve the AI ! Please! Please ! I play 90% of time with ai, and is so bad....

Sean McCormack, Hazi, TJones and 4 others like this.
  17. svictor

svictor Registered

New dash elements are looking great, will there be guide for those new dash elements so we can use it in mod? Thanks.

18. J7166

J7166 Registered

Yes. Been saying this since build 1109 when they broke AI. They are really, really bad right now. Not even with just the Mercedes, in general they are just bad

19. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Please fix the AI

Hazi, Balazs Magyar and J7166 like this.
  20. Ermz

Ermz Registered

It took some time to pull together, but here we are:

Levelup1, J7166, Grobi and 1 other person like this.