Hope for Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vegaguy5555, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

I tried to like AC and i also made 15 cars and 3 tracks for it. In the end i gave up because after about 3-4 years of trying i just wasn't connecting to it or getting hooked on it like i did for rFactor. I now am back to rfactor 1 and 2 and i don't understand why i ever left it. It seems us humans are always looking for a greener grass even if it is for our own detriment.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Been a new RF2 player for just few weeks now and its true that lot of combo tracks/cars are really really good.
    But saying that AC is crap in the physics dpt is too extreme for me. When tuning AC FFB with gyro effect activated and the in game FFB clip app,its getting closer to this SIM here in many iterations.

And some cars like the AMG GT3 or any FWD ones feel really better than RF2 in my humble opinion.

Its true AC cars feel really understeery at first, i also had this feeling but then i started to tweak as per the above and cars got closer to real physics

To the point i had reduced or even purely eliminated most of the in game canned effects

Ernie likes this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I have some kind of threading issue with AC. Optimization in CM finally put real rubber on the road for me.
    But in the past I have experienced lack of communication and actual tire not touching the road, which causes a horrible understeer and the AI obviously having more traction.
    But now it feels very good. Maybe even a bit too much traction in some cases.
    rF2 does have a better feel of the road with some cars like the GT3's and the Spark.
    I just wish there was some kind of quality control in rF2!
    But as far as AC goes, it now feels like a real sim but can have its physics problems. And no one can deny any other sim out there has the number of controversial understeer threads that AC has. They are everywhere!! This isn't the only thread here in rF2 discussing AC's understeer or general floaty physics feel!
    But if you can get it working like I have and the guy above me has, it is worth it. You are definitely missing out on a great sim and all the mods. Not to mention the vast racing community.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    nolive721 likes this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

It's interesting, you mentioned AC felt off at first and then it got better. I wonder if your computer took awhile to get the threading optimized on its own but in some computers like mine, never did, or even got worse in some cases? And then people write it off as if they just got used to driving AC. Because I heard this "AC felt understeer at first and got used to it later" many times over the years.
    These guys here are definitely not just making up crap to say about AC. There are just too many people saying the same thing (AC's general understeer) for it not to be true.
    This is one of the must mature forums in sim racing out there! Probably the oldest?
    But this understeer in AC is a real condition felt only by some, which are probably most of the guys here in rF2?

5. keith11RB

keith11RB Registered

I also think that AMG GT3 is much better than RF2

nolive721 likes this.
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

@vegaguy5555

To me gyro and FFB clip helped to fix it as i mentioned.nothing to do really with my PC i believe
    There is a couple of ini files that the KS dev himself suggested to modify and you see this gyro Option in CM as well now

FFB Clip app is the next great addition because of the auto-tune dynamic function as well as manual control the app gives you car by car, in realtime.
    And i am now very rarely disappointed with cars behavior coming from mods I am installing, even the free ones are good to drive.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Autotune dynamic function??
    I have seen some kind of auto on some mods but didn't know I could add to all the cars?
    But since I've been running my new DD I don't think it clip's anymore? I have been turning everything up to a 100. I think I'm running main gain at 50?
    And disclaimer, I can't run rF2 in my triple 4k so far, but I'm trying a new chipset. Hopefully that does the trick. For some reason my old chipset was bottle necking x8 2.0 in my PCIe bus. Noticed that when I was trying to SLI 1080Ti's.

8. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

With rF2 I have never felt comfortable, I feel disconnected, oversteer also spoils the experience. AC I like the general feel, my main problem with it has been the low sense of speed on the monitor.

Since I've been using VR, this sim has definitely won me over, it's incredible.

ACC is definitely my favorite simulator, personally every section of the game is excellent. Too bad I can't play it in VR with my gtx 1060, I hope it continues to increase its content with more car categories.

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It's allways interesting to read impressions from the other side of the spectrum. The generaly very racey setups in rF2 allways felt very engaging and gave me the feeling of dancing on the limit, while AC has allways been a bit flat in terms of what it communicates and the cars feel a bit like simple understeery lego bricks on a rubber band and some cars do some very wierd things, like the front of cars snapping up an down at high speeds over crests or that cars don't roll on slopes. There just isn't the natural feel that you get in rF2 from the tire touching a surface. I think it is just incredible how you can feel the sidewall scrubbing at historic Monaco, when you touch the sidewalks with a tire - and that's just on a simple DFGT. ACC felt like a step up in that regard, but I still find msyself kind of surprised at times by what the car is doing and especialy sudden oversteer while going into a corner with cars like the Lambo. Some of this could be down to input lat that Niels Heusinkveldt allready mentioned aswell and the cars having a bit smaller slip angle compared to the rF2 cars. rF2 GT3 cars allow for a bit too much slip angle though. No comment about AC in that regard. It's insane what you can do there in terms of slides with certain cars. It's a bit wierd to read though that every section of ACC is excellent for you. The server browser is worse than in rF2 and the performance and the AI are horrendous.The whole SP package is propably the biggest letdown for me.

Nevertheless I can recommend all of the mentioned three sims as they offer some great car and track combinations and features that you don't find anywhere else.

10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello.Go to Race Dpt and look for FFB CLIP app in the AC mods section. Activate it either in Game or in CM then you will be able to tune any car on any track in Game, in realtime.
    You have 2 main features, an AI type where you drive a lap or 2 and the APP will set what is the best FFB combination to avoid clipping and that is fixed afterwards, unless you reset it of course.

The 2nd function is Dynamic adjustment depending on where you are on the track and cornering input.

I prefer the 1st one personally but testing Dynamic FFB was also interesting.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  11. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The AI for me is excellent, very clean, constant and closes the gaps at the beginning of the race preventing you from overtaking most cars. A random video:

For me the rF2 online is non-existent, the truth is that I no longer make any attempt to play online. The servers are empty or there are only AIs. Honestly, the ACC online seems the best I have tried after iRacing.

The optimization is bad, like any game with an unreal engine, but it is also not good in rF2 and graphically it is far below.

12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I finally found another motherboard. Couldn't afford a new computer build just yet. And the threading problem is gone now. I'm thinking there are others out there with the same problem?
    So I have been enjoying AC lately!

13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

The old motherboard had been eating M2's and the optimization I talked about earlier had an opposite effect entirely!!
    And you guessed it!! Stefano and his goons don't like this salutation at all, hence the link!!

15. Filip

Filip Registered

I think I felt similar when I changed my faulty ram module. I can do half doughnuts now and before it was all understeer.
    Imagine one day when hardware becomes advanced AC will have almost realistic physics.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered