Released New!!! Radical SR3 XX 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 31, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Step 1: Google definition of "wheel track"
    Step 2: Find width of wheels and tyres
    Step 3: Derive overall width

2. Emery

Emery Registered

And just to help you, Radical's web site does have information...
    upload_2020-9-20_14-34-59.png

pkelly likes this.
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Sure thing but what about lateral weight distribution?
    you got any steps for that ?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can read the user manual only as well as anyone else, I'm not sure what they aimed to model in the game, so I'm not commenting on that. Does that invalidate what I said about track? You looked that up yet?

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

You didn't said anything helpful tbh.It still stays the same.
    Well bigger issue is lateral load shown in game i want explanation on that and you have no answer for that.
    P.S ->> A simple conversation tip, if you have info on given question then simply post it instead of saying "goggle this and that etc"
    You come of as a defensive fanboy.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Looks like the width with tires is:
    Front 171.82 cm
    Rear 171.97 cm

And it looks like it's left hand drive, not right hand drive.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you want to question the track, learn what track is. Otherwise you come across as a mindless hater.

Track is measured to the centre of the wheels. The rear wheels are wider. Therefore the rear track will be narrower even if the overall width of the front and rear is identical.

That's not saying the figures are correct, I'm not judging that - same as for lateral weight distribution. I don't need to answer it, it's not my car, but the distribution has nothing to do with the track and that's all I was referring to. If you see that as fanboyism you're missing the point entirely.

8. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Well no sh*t both completely different things, i never said them being related.
    And you didn't not refer to this at all,go check your reply again.
    All you said was goggle wheel track.
    The fact that you think i come off as a mind less hater if i question the stuff I PAID FOR this is what fanboying is.
    Your passive aggressive comments didn't help.

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I don't think thats tyre dimensions, i think those are wheel/rim dimensions.(I could be wrong though)
    Also in game car is right hand drive.

10. Comante

Comante Registered

It's a freaking videogame, it's a virtual car you paid few dollars, your life does not depend on it, and you pretend to question every single value until you find something to scream :" ah ha, fake values, cheater developers", just because you bought it? This is sick attitude, and you pretend to get the info you want when you can easily find them yourself as someone tried to suggest.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I quoted what you said about wheel track (only - go take a look if you want) and gave 3 simple steps to help you determine if it was correct or not. No mention of weight distribution. You acknowledged what I said about wheel track ("sure thing" - but obviously didn't do what I said) and then asked me what my 'steps' were for distribution, like I made the car and have to answer to you for anything you think is wrong with it. So you brought it up.

As it happens, I don't think the distribution looks right. The car user manual has example figures with about 50.7% weight on one side, so 53.5% seems a bit far off for a car designed for track day use. The early version of this car (in rF2) had weight distribution that was a long way off when the 'other hand' was chosen in upgrades, I can't actually remember if that got fully fixed or adjusted or what.

The point is, I don't know, so rather than comment on it I chose to just wait for someone more familiar with the car or one of the devs to comment on it. In the meantime I thought I'd help you maybe understand the thing I do know about. Still not sure how that's going.

12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

i'm curious about is why lateral weight distribution(as written in chassis menu) on new radical is so off balance ?
    Its->> (Left) 53.5:46.5 (Right)
    Yes i know the driver sits on right hand side BUT isn't this sorted out to get as close to 50:50 laterally (Ofcourse 50:50 is impossible in one sided driver but in-game value of lateral distribution is way off from any other cars i have seen)
    Even the wheel loads are way to different from each other.

13. Comante

Comante Registered

I would like to point out that numbers are beautiful, but still we must relate to the real world. Here it seems that a weight un-balance of 3% is something unbearable.
    But you don't have to make the difference between 53% and 47% , but with 50% ,that is a mere 18kg, that you get from on side and put on the other. When you deal with a real car there are items that you can't place freely , doesn't seem a big deal. Drivers can have more difference in their own weight, upsetting the car more than 3%

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

many cars are built below the weight limits imposed by sanctioning bodies. Then ballast is added to reach the specific weight. If the driver is on the left, they can place ballast on the right. It may not be an exact 1 to 1 ratio, but the imbalace of a driver's location can be minimized.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First, let me say that I agree that pointing out numbers that may seem wrong and not relating them to real life in some way isn't really useful.

However, stating this 53/47 difference as an actual weight (18kg) doesn't make sense. It's not like a 20kg difference on a 2000kg car is going to be worse than this 18kg on a 620kg car.

As far as percentage goes, you can't say each side is only 3% off (because each side is that far away from 50). 53.5/46.5 makes one side 15% heavier than the other.

The free radical (haha... no pun intended but I'll take it) we got in 2017 had a 49.4/50.6 split on the RHD version, and a 56.1:43.9 split on the LHD which reportedly caused quite some braking stability issues. I believe it was fixed in a later update but I haven't checked recently. That RHD balance is very similar to the example figures given for weight distribution in the SR3 XX user manual (50.7 I think I calculated).

The current weight distribution seems less balanced than you'd aim for. No doubt some chunkier drivers (or some extra light ones) might require either some car adjustment or just live with a worse balance, but presumably the car is designed for a certain weight of driver and will be fairly close with that, and you'd think that's what we'd get in a game where driver weight is an arbitrary figure. But, it's also possible the current distribution is based on reality, something I guess only a dev can confirm.

What am I saying? There's no real value in talking like this weight imbalance is either the end of the world or is completely fine, unless there's some specific reference that backs it up. If we don't know exactly what the real car that's been modeled is, we don't know if this is wrong or not. I note with interest that the post starting this talked about the car being off-balance but also said that 50:50 would be impossible with the driver on one side. So it's obviously easy to make assumptions.

Paul McC likes this.
  16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

'Free Radicals' Haha! I remember that band, one hit wonder bit a great song! I love the Radicals, great drive! Look forward to the next update as Christopher said there would be a fix for the missing tire sounds in the rain☺️.
    Not noticed any major problems when driving this car due to lateral balance will have to try having a play with the setups to see how much difference it makes. Interesting thread!

17. Emery

Emery Registered

It's the sort of thing that you won't particularly notice while driving, but it usually shows up in data, where turns in one direction are consistently better than the other direction by a small amount. Once you become aware of the difference, then you might feel it -- the power of suggestion can be strong!

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just looked at the original Radical release which had both left and right hand drive models. The right had drive had a nearly balanced lateral weight 49.6/54.6 and the left hand drive model had the above listed weight balance discrepancy. left 53.5:46.5 right. There was a fairly active debate that the two models did NOT handle even remotely like each other. I think this may be why.
    @Christopher Elliott
    please take a look at both SR Radicals(not the GT3) because there must be a weight imbalance issue in two of the three cars.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

davehenrie likes this.
  20. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

This is correct from the official data. I think we answered this question before a few times :)

pkelly and Slip_Angel like this.