PLS don't break the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enduser, Sep 7, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I usually stay until 4:00 am, even some users know that sometimes I spend all night working on my mods.
    As I said before, it is the duty of each creator to update their mods.

I love doing these things, I don't have to complain, it's more ...
    Hopefully the graphical complexity increases to the point where we can emulate the damage that Iracing has right now. If that happens I will not complain, on the contrary I will read all the documentation and update my content.

I understand the frustration of seeing little content with the latest updates, I would love for everything to be up to date, but you don't always have what you want. :(

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. enduser

enduser Registered

You guys are funny. :)

3. dazzer

dazzer Registered

you're pretty funny too.

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Stuff being updated to all latest this and that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be as best as it can be. Some older content, which is untouched for years now is pretty decent. I imagine it could be even better, but it is not the reason to refuse using it.

By the way whatsup with Silverstone now? It was very good after update, is something worse now? I am not able to follow everything.

5. enduser

enduser Registered

Because?

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

exactly because of this :p

dazzer and Kevin van Dooren like this.
  7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

You never had something like a passion in your life?

8. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

You mean something like pizza?

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

#pinappleonpizzalivesmatter

2ndLastJedi and CrimsonEminence like this.
  10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Ähmmm .. :D
    #2400hzatlaserscannedtracksandverifiedrealcarphysicsforrf2

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  11. dazzer

dazzer Registered

the pizza is great!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Dazzer puts pineapple on his pizza. He'll deny it though.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  13. dazzer

dazzer Registered

NO! pineapple on pizza is an aberration to nature, making pizza with pineapple should be penalized throughout the universe.

Lazza likes this.
  14. enduser

enduser Registered

What makes you so sure i m serious, any attempt to an answer would be fun , instead i got his mama coming to protect him under her skirt.

Joke's on you, "you guys" and suddendly you 're all feeling chatty heh?

[​IMG]
    :)

15. enduser

enduser Registered

Like how you troll in forums, nah, nothing like that, hats off we got a winner!

Here have a cookie.

Meanwhile i 'll go grab a delicious slice of "the" pizza! Coming back to this thread smells like brainfarts and i have to make up for it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

oh, the irony :p

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Why didn't you answer my question about Silverstone ? Do you prefer using forum for kindergarten level of interactions? Tbh that already has killed discord, don't bring it here guys. Forum is different place.

PatientRF2fan likes this.
  18. enduser

enduser Registered

Because it is written already.

Here it is from someone else:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ce-and-bad-graphics.67107/page-4#post-1039059

(not referring to you but probably that guy is a troll too because if you disagree with someone he's surely a troll , btw school didn't start yet?...)

Grass too bright, trees look bad , unlike a few patches ago, and it was only just updated!!

Are these changes final, or will the devs say "we just updated it, so it 'll be a while before it gets updated again" devs don't talk about it and it usually takes some time for updates to happen. Plenty of mods are like that or worse, tor poznan (which was flawless), Reiza VIR, toban with yellow grass, road atlanta also has purple pixelated background (fog changed, that's the same for all tracks), a few i tried lately.

Since the changes were not at the same patch and they happen for different track parts like terrain, foliage etc. you can say it's not the engine , it's rather the individual shaders. If that's correct (dev could confirm or deny) then couldn't they build new shaders for these parts? Maybe all track shaders will be updated, then the tracks but until then... zzzZZZzz and there's the car tech...

In VIR i also noticed a new bug, in the default weather script the clouds were jumping position/shape, i think that's not track depended but i'm not sure.

Seeing the big picture, the overall state is not very inviting to play i'd say except some laps here and there, for most devs out there it wouldn't even qualify as beta, hence the thread.
    (Mainly for my own sanity, although a flame suit is mandatory in these parts, and since the devs don't speak in their own forum but rather on discord & RD. It's roughly 2 years since i bought the game and the dev announcements that i care for still seem quite distant... i guess it's like "join the club").

19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

And the beautiful thing is, is that you are spoiled for choice for racing sims. If you know the history of rF2, you'd understand why it is like it is now. S397 is improving the sim at a relatively slow pace, but although the sim has quite a few problems, one by one those get solved (and brought back :p ). Graphics they are also improving, which they communicated to everyone. It's up to the modders if they want to update to the new standard or risk that their content gets outdated. There is a possibility to go back to older versions, so no reason to not being able to enjoy the content the way you like/were used to.

I'm still not sure what you want the devs to tell you here.

20. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I sincerely feel sorry for you, you are a person who needs attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.