CS-closed BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup 2020

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBA_PRO

MBA_PRO Registered

@Jimmi Allison I think I have an issue with the car's upgrade, because while testing I have the same laptimes with bopth specifications. of course, I started by the Cup but my laptime was strangely very fast so I went offline to figure out that I have a problem with car specifications. can you please delete my laptime "Mosaab Ben Ammar"? and help me with a solution to this issue?

2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Yep its dry now, thanks.

3. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Registered

4. Marc Veit

Marc Veit Registered

i cant find the server

5. Because it is not up - as simple as that.

6. Risto Kappet likes this.
  7. Chris Shepherd

Chris Shepherd Registered

Hi,

sorry I cannot make tonight’s race. Something has come up which cannot be cancelled.

8. Peyo Peev

Peyo Peev Registered

Don't freak me out like this, its not tonight, its on Wednesday.

Jason Whited and Lazza like this.
  9. Oskart

Oskart Registered

Is there a server available for practice?

Karlis Vitols likes this.
  10. First off, as you also sent a PM, go read that ;)
    Second, there will be a server as per schedule in 1st post

11. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Just wanted to note that the last round broadcast (round 8) was really really good, the replays and dual-screen monitoring worked quite flawlessly and the commentary duo of Lewis + Aidan is very high quality, good job.

Hopefully we can get an actual 30 car grid for the last races.
    Maybe consider a second wave of invites for the unresponsive and some more active advertising of the hotlap period? Some colorful join guide to make sure noone gets any more questions with wrong upgrades?
    Even when not considering the awesome prizes, no way an official S397 championship with such awesome racing on the best Nordschleife version in simracing and coverage by official BMW Motorsport channels should run with 10 of 30 slots empty.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  12. I have suggested something totally different for the last round which people who have won wont like ;) but lets see.

But yes a shame that people dont show up, and just dont report back instantly instead of waiting until we have released mod etc.

13. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

It's not really surprising that participation is very low for this championship.
    1. In the actual competition page of the championship there is no info about anything. Nothing about prizes, race formats etc. You need to dig through forums like it's 2005 to find out any info (which is the case for every rF2 competition tbf)
    2.There's maybe 6 or 7 drivers that have any kind of chance to get on the podium, everyone else is there to just fill up the grid and drive around with no chance to win anything. With the calendar consisting of more or less one track, if you get your ass kicked once or twice then why would you bother doing the same for another 8 rounds.
    3.There is no info anywhere about who has already qualified for LAN, so new drivers don't even know what their chances are of getting a spot, no idea who they are racing for it.
    4. And biggest of all, you need to do a 10min outlap to post one flying lap, which is just a complete no go when in other sims you just get placed at the end of S3 and can start your flying lap right away. If I'm new to all of this, I join the server and see I need to drive 10min to probably crash in S1 since the car is so weird to drive and have to do it all over again I'm just not going to bother.

Please don't get mad or salty, just a bit of constructive criticism :)

14. All of the replies have been done already though, but i can recap if you want ;)
    1. 2005 is a good year, if it means information on a regular forum can be used - but yes the comp system needs work, i cant put in a URL that actually works as a link there.
    2. Also the reason i asked BMW to get rid of those regulars, no need to having them on all rounds - hopefully they will at least agree on the last round.
    3. Wouldn't change a thing, trust me - it wouldn't
    4. Also explained and this is the point that i agree with you the most, but if 2. was done then there would be a significant prize (well even when taxes are paid) of running hotlaps making sure you would be in the race. But yes, wouldn't it be super to have a short cut, i have asked and pushed - but the code that needs for this to be a viable fix, is just not there. Though for hotlappers sake - i would have wanted it to be there. I feel your pain on this.

Salty happens when teams bring the salt to the table - as some usually do ;)
    But again, nothing new in what you say really - we have heard it before, but i cant do magic - i can run the comps we want until its there - wether you like it or not or want to race in it - is totally up to you.

Have a nice weekend.

15. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

So we, the "regulars" are at fault that people don't spend the amount of time that we do to prepare for these events and don't bother to show up, because they think they have no chance of getting the top spots? o_O:confused:

Risto Kappet likes this.
  16. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I assume S397 and BMW have given concrete goals and aims for the organisation of this series?
    Please confirm that the written objective is only to have 10 finalist names, then we can't argue any more with you personally.

If that is not the case, then the stubborn attitude of "we won't do the job better because I say so" is one of the core reasons for rF2 falling behind competitors like iR or RR in the esports/competition side and seeing tens of times less interaction from fans and other participants.
    No "new competition system" will help unless this fundamental approach is changed. You just can't say that providing participants more info won't change anything. It's the simplest things that would make a big difference,create the appeal, invite more drivers and also existing drivers to take the obligation more seriously.

The professional simracers participating thanks to the prizes are the main thing vindicating this championship. The top drivers who you intend to forbid entering (?) are doing the majority of advertising for rF2 via livestreams and other social media, engaging people who end up paying for and playing the sim.

Nothing against the physical sim constraints or your time restrictions, those are understandable, but all we expect is to hear something like "Thank you for the suggestions, we will try to do a better job because our intention is to do things as good as possible and provide the best racing enviroment"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Remco Majoor and Erhan Jajovski like this.
  17. I would think that is a good assumption yes. In a short race if Nikodem, Risto and Erhan is winning 8/10 races... you know what i mean.

18. Not sure what you want me to confirm. If you really want me to confirm that we have 10 rounds that needs to bring 10 winners then yes... obviously?!??

Risto read my reply again, i dont think i blame YOU for anything do I. The "professional" drivers can be the reason, i am not sure how big the fan base are for those drivers yet, i doubt it is that big just yet - as simracing building just as esport is, but not even close being there at all. So your opinion is probably what you believe, i dont know if i believe that.

But again look at my reply, its not like i dont aknownledge anything that Jakub says is it, i am merely trying to explain instead of saying "soon". But sure, i can do that.

Have a great weekend, i am out ;)

Risto Kappet likes this.
  19. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I meant to ask, if BMW hasnt provided goals like "we demand a minimum of 27 drivers on each race grid, or else..."

20. Obviously a deal like that will not be posted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.