Cut Track Issues

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by t0p5ecret, Aug 18, 2020.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, I'm working on cut track settings at the moment, and I'm finding it to be really hit and miss no matter how extreme I make the gdb settings and the cut corridor. Example, I'll create what I consider to be a normal cut corridor and gdb settings, every corner on track will detect and warn as I expect during a session except for one or two corners. These corners won't detect no matter how extreme I make the cut corridor (1 arrow move off centre for example) or how extreme I make the gdb settings (cutleavingthresh 0.3 cutjoiningthresh 0.1 cutworstyaw 0.1 cut warningthresh 0.101 for example). I've tried resetting corridors, resetting cut corridors, moving collision corridors to track edge, moving corridors etc etc, I've even looked at the legal=true/false in the tdf file for surfaces next to the road surface. Has anyone seen anything like this before and if so did you fix the issue? Or is this a new issue introduced in a recent patch? @Corti @philrob @Heikki21 @MarcG any thoughts or ideas? Pulling my hair out...what's left of it.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

Sorry we recently played a race in IsR, we had problems in LeMans with the cut, I tried to edit the aiw without success. In the end you solve it with new objects to prevent it. :oops:

3. philrob

philrob Registered

I have not experienced this myself, what track and which corners?

4. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Buckmore park, at T7 (Paddock) you can exit the corner and completely drive around the barriers there and back onto track without a penalty. I had a thought this morning that it might have something to do with track surface extending under non legal surfaces, similar to the way if your grass surface extends under the racing surface it causes traction issues.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Yeah mate, thank you though. My current thinking after working through things this morning is that this may be a recently introduced bug/issue as this didn’t use to occur at Buckmore.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

But WHO among us Honorable Gentlemen Racers would EVER think to cut a corner or race outside the lines.....Who? ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sorry mate I've never dived into cut detection stuff, only adjusted corridors to better suit the AI. Hope you find a way :)

9. philrob

philrob Registered

I do not have this track, so cannot test it for you, sorry

10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate was this the official Le Mans?

11. Corti

Corti Registered

No, sry. Unofficial version 0.91 by Digga