Latest Roadmap Update - July 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

think laser scanned Nords in rfactor2 will keep me going for years !
    Going from a. Oculus CV1 to a G2 will be a very nice experience too

2. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

Are there historical circuits that were planned such as Charade and Linas-Montlhéry have they been abandoned or is there still hope? :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So I finally got round to giving the Stockcar 2018 a proper go at some ovals!

I tried it out at NOLA and some road course's when it first came out and I've gotta say it feels great! Like you might expect a 750hp heavy stockcar to feel (not that I've driven one IRL which is why I say imagine)
    The weight transfer, general feeling of the tires, the feeling of driving it on the edge, the way it communicates under and over steer, how you have to look after the engine and of course... The POWER!

It's a monster of a challenge!

Then I tried to go proper NASCAR and take it oval racing. Of course the first place I thought of had to be Indianapolis! The Brickyard, Gasoline Alley, The Spectacle! I don't know much about NASCAR and have not tried it much since NR2003 but that's gotta be the place right?

Oh dear, did not know what I was letting myself in for!

DriverJay and makan like this.
  4. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Ha, ha - that was another fun videoAlways entertaining ...and educational. Thanks

Paul McC likes this.
  5. shushkata

shushkata Registered

What's with the mew Bentley car that was announced a month ago (almost) ? Will they deliver any soon ?

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Cheers mate! I like to get a bit of fun in there!

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Just hope with the release of the Nurburgring pack they will sort out a.i. problems with the BMW CS and the missing tire sounds in the rain on the SR3 XX

8. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

They probably put the physics from the previous model on it & then realised how bad they are?
    I would imagine there is a massive physics reworking before Bentley will sign off on the car?

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I wouldn't call it bad, i could imagine a "this could be definetly better" situation, though, too.

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it IS August, not much happens in August due to European Vacation.

Emery and CrimsonEminence like this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think we can have some good surprises.

Not all Europeans take their vacation in August but also often in June / July ...

And they probably make sure to spread their vacation so that S397 goes into summer too. And I think some S397 people are not european.

At least I think we'll have the GT3s soon, and I'm hopeful for the Nurburgring.

But .... Hope gives life as they say!

davehenrie and CrimsonEminence like this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

The Bentley has that 'old ISI' issue of the rear end wanting to let go at random times.
    Just before it lets go you know it's about to happen, but there's nothing you can do to stop it.
    The only way to 'fix' it is by increasing the amount of rear wing (to near maximum). That's fine offline, as you can
    adjust the AI to make it competitive, but online you are just a sitting duck in a straight line.
    Not sure if it is a car weight balance issue, a physics 'weight' issue, or issues with mechanical grip
    in the physics files? Either way, it needs sorting out.
    I can see why hardly anyone drives it in online events....

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I somewhat think, i know what you mean, also sometimes had something like that, while racing it on Sebring.
    I would almost say, it's the rear tyre. Is it happening independently to driving time or does it tend to occur after some time?
    Have you tried observing your tyre temps and tyre pressures, also between pushing it hard and babying it on throttle? Is there an operation window, at wich the car feels absolutely awesome and impossible to lose?

As a workaround, of course, increasing the rear wing often also reduces slip to an amount, so this is intuitively the right thing, especially if the rear tyres are giving up. You could try to give it a tad less rear toe and camber to maybe reduce stress to the tyre, also soften the rear ARBs and springs. This all will probably not rectify the underlying issue or make the car more pacey, but maybe it's more fun for now.

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think after the way this year's gone this won't be the case!

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

People now - more than ever - need time off, and maybe that isnt going to involve going anywhere but its sure involves separating from work.

I hope there is an update on the 488GT3, announced months ago and then crickets. I hope the Bentley isnt what's holding it up.

e: meant GT3 :confused:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  17. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

This is off topic but i got a small question
    Why is there an asterisk(*) mark infront of the package name ?
    will it cause any trouble if i don't remove it ? if yes then how to remove it ?

18. Filip

Filip Registered

It indicates that item is installed through steam worskhop and can be uninstalled only from workshop (unsubscribe).
    Sometimes it can also indicate if I am not mistaken that item is related to some other item and cannot be uninstalled without separately. All this can be determined by hovering the mouse over the item - description text appears

Slip_Angel likes this.
  19. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

No roadmap this month?

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It's released....check the website

buzz hornet, Obbzy_XR_ and Levelup1 like this.