Latest Roadmap Update - July 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

no, but it is planned to be the default soon

Adrianstealth likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Adrianstealth

New UI + competition will be out in public version max in december cf last roadmap.

The new UI is really not a success, to say the least.

It would take a miracle for the time it took in December to justify the result.

S397 succeeded in other things but not that.

Adrianstealth and Rui Santos like this.
  3. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

I kept the original, I tried the new one but it does not meet my expectations.

Hazi, Adrianstealth and Rui Santos like this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's their intention. That doesn't mean December at latest, rather as earliest.

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Hi, i guess you already heard of the new and awesome HP Reverb G2 VR Headset. Something revolutionary for sims!

Unfortunately, don't expect something revolutionary from new rF2 GUI. It's basically a rebuild of old UI with new code. But for sure a lot easier to maintain and add new features. So, great for the more distant future.

In terms of new competition code I for now don't expect much. Don't expect some revolutionary features. It will still all be based on old technology. Like, don't expect new rF2 members being able to host a multiplayer event with a few mouse clicks. They still will have to alter their router/firewall to open ports. Probably only 0.01% of internet users are able to do.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Among rF2's flaws, the anti-user-friendly aspect is absolutely immense.

Personally, this is not my priority, but if in December when the UI and the competition system were released does not resolve this problem in a very very large part, frankly we can be sure that rF2 will never have a satisfactory commercial success : which would have for consequence the continuation of the current slow agony of rF2 and the impossibility that rF2 develops sufficiently in all the fields which we like.

But make no mistake :

rF2 and I have been a long "love story" from the start, but made up of too many disappointments and endless expectations.

In some areas rF2 is so good. Really.

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

i for one will always be an rF2 advocate, as long as there is no more realistic sim. I will leave rF2 within one second should there be a more realistic sim available. (sorry being a b...h).

I seek for most realism. I have no problem with technical difficult things.

But there are many other potential users. Those don't know much about computers (or have no friends do it for them), never be able to set firewall rules. And those not even knowing rF2 even exists.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Gonzo and Rui Santos like this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@vittorio people aren't born knowing how to put on pants, let alone opening ports to run a server.

But opening ports is a skill that can be learned, and even many console owners learn to do it.

Honestly that's not the hardest part of running an rF2 server.

(It should be)

Akela_DE likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This. Many apps require port management from the user when you want to host something, I wish rF2 issues would be something as trivial as opening ports... if only...

pkelly likes this.
  10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm getting interested in stock cars.
    Are stock car same as supercars V8 ?

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

No, they are 2018 NASCAR cars. But there are many similarities. They have less grip and more weight I think. Also 4 speed H-Pattern, and not 6 gears sequential

Slip_Angel likes this.
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya Vittorio

hope your fine, yes very excited about the new VR headsets I'll grab the G2 or the Index
    looking forward to building a PC awaiting the next gen nvidia cards, my sim-rig has just been sitting idle for to long!

Will buy all laser scanned tracks released in rfactor2 as well, Nords in rfactor2 is an experience I'm looking forward to

vittorio likes this.
  13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I'm fine thanks :)
    I will go with the HP Reverb G2 which will get released in autumn (as long as no better VR headset will get released before).
    rF2 Nordschleife (EDIT: by S397, laser scanned) is just amazing!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  14. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

there are several versions on Rf2 but only one of the 397 paying, it has a 1975 version but that is aging, otherwise the most beautiful is the summer / autumn version :)

Mauro likes this.
  15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Free rF2 Nordschleife compared to S397 rF2 Nordschleife: free version was developed in rF1 times by COM8 and friends. So more than a decade ago. Its tarmac model is not up to tech standards anymore, lets face. It doesn't have realistic and detailed (laser scanned) track surface, even the track layout is wrong. If you don't care for realism and track details, then its good. I am using rF2 for realism, thats why i am here, so no question what version i prefer.

16. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

the rf1 1975 version is the only one that has the vintage layout and I think it's a shame. :(

Mauro and Adrianstealth like this.
  17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

have you pre-ordered Vittorio ?
    I don’t like the idea of paying & waiting
    Don’t mind a small deposit then rest just prior to despatch but they want 100% payment & claim despatches will happen I think during Sept. if they go bust then doubt they’ll pay back
    ( it’s not HP it’s an -to me unknown reseller )

I may not build PC until Christmas time anyway so I’ll look to see what headset available then out of the reverb G2 & index maybe & next gen graphic cards should be released too.

The steam/valve index no prepayment required so I’m happy to preorder closer to that time +can use 120hz mode too

But may grab a reverb if In stock for the cost saving Although 90hz only there’s a very slight increase in clarity but release could well run later than September & 1st batches could have problems Hopefully by Christmas we will know.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

No, i didn't preorder a HP Reverb G2. Well, maybe I have to spend €100 more cause of not preordering. But HP Reverb G1first batches showed there were many many problems. Maybe there will a better VR Headset get announced too till autumn. And I have time...

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes wise & my thoughts exactly,
    Very exciting time with the new hardware being released over next few months &
    hi-res headsets, my previous was an oculus CV1 , trying not be impatient & will monitor release of the G2

Extra happy studio397 have continued to support Rfactor2 I’ll be grabbing most of the DLC content as a treat too should be a nice Christmas

vittorio likes this.
  20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I have an Oculus CV1 right now too. The HP Reverb will give me 550% more subpixels (enormous higher resolution) and everything else enhanced too (FOV, god rays, comfort, audio ..). Main reason i buy it is to get a better rF2 Nordschleife experience. And again strange, I buy a €700 hardware device, only to get a better experience for €12 rF2 Nordschleife software ... For me some things are just wrong.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020