Is official rF2 forum already dead for S397?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vittorio, Aug 11, 2020.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Hi, i ask this question cause although i read almost every thread every day on this forum, but i can't even recall anymore when an official S397 member even answered one single question here.

As a side note, it is so refreshing that @mschreiner, one if not the guy that brought us the new updated Stock Car 2018, answers almost every question here.

So, is this forum already dead for S397? Or am i paranoid?

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Regarding the forum as a whole, no you are not paranoid.

The only thing on this subject that I find really deplorable is that S397 doesn't give the impression of being interested in an essential part of the forum :

It is the wishlist part.

3. TJones

TJones Registered

I wouldn't say "forum is dead", there are some posts from devs from time to time. Could always be more of course.
    There are a number of "potential" reasons we don't see much postings from staff members:
    - They always have to take care of what and how they write, (not to insult someone for example).
    - Posting's stay for a long time, in opposite to Discord for example.
    - They might not wont to get involved in long discussions, and/or spend too much of their limited time.

IMO it's very appreciated if, for example, a new build or contend arrives, that someone from the relevant staff team is around here (referring forum post), answering some questions. So basically what Mike recently, and also @Alex Sawczuk from time to time did.

Something I miss barely is, if some new vehicles getting released, there is almost zero contribution from vehicle physics staff. While usually, there are quite some questions going in this direction.

avenger82 and memoNo1 like this.
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

They don’t even post the monthly roadmap here anymore :mad: they post it only in Facebook. I’m one of the oldest member of this forum and I remember the rfactor2 dev were much more active.

jlnprssnr and pkelly like this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Roadmaps are still posted on the forums.

AMillward, McKiernan and Filip like this.
  6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

They still around. I see them passing by from time to time. Even had Alex pointing out to me that I done did a dumb

7. Binny

Binny Guest

Discord seems to be the place for gaming now. IMHO it will even take over from Face Book. I must say every discord group is much more up to date with everything even rfactor2 & the major advantage is more ppl use it than here and you can get answers quicker from the community or S397. Most ppl i know dont use this forum at all.

8. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Dude, I dont mean to be rude but I think you post a few too many new threads on the wish lists, maybe without seemingly taking into consideration the roadmap... Instead of demanding graphical updates for a few tracks that you want, for example, maybe we could start by asking which tracks have the most priority to be updated.

I do agree the devs could interact a bit more there to let us know if this or that wish would even be doable. They keep an eye out but its easier to catch them on discord from what I´ve seen.

AMillward, Filip and MarcG like this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A few of the devs still pop up here and there, and sometimes when there's talk of them not paying any attention (though usually in regards to an actual topic, rather than like this thread) they'll throw a post in just to say yep, we're here. They do more reading than posting, something many of us could learn from.

They're definitely more visible on discord, but the organisation of a forum can't be replaced by discord.

memoNo1, Emery, philman and 1 other person like this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There is no better contribution for an rF2 fan than to actively participate in the WishList section.

Of course, some things will be more relevant than others, but S397 is really at fault for not stepping in to show that he takes them into account (they are entitled to think that some Wishes are irrelevant).

11. Filip

Filip Registered

????
    Writing a wish is not a contribution at all.
    Every kid can say I want this or that.

Real contributors are modders.
    Also people who help and answer technical questions on forum.

Will Mazeo and Remco Majoor like this.
  12. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There are different types of contributions.

13. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

It's clearly not dead, look at all the activity on this thread ;)

14. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Im also checking forums almost every day, but almost never see any response from S397 staff here, except News section. Even if there are 30+ page threads with staff members mentioned. It's more likely to see S397 response on other forums like RaceDepartment:)

Forums have no doubt some advantages over Discord, but yeah posts stay for long time...

Edit: forgot to add, that just recently Mike (new S397 member?) was surprisingly responsive here.

BTW: I liked physics dev blog by Micha Borda and I wish such things would be continued for these curious ones who like to know more about ongoing development.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    TJones likes this.
  16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I suppose if you’ve read one “please update the realism and physics” thread you’ve read them all...

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Hmm, what a strange message. I could further go on, I suppose if you have read one of those :
    Please give us this track ..
    Please give us that car ...
    Please update graphics for this track and that car ...
    Please correct this bug ...
    ...thread, then you have read them all.

So its time to close that stupid official forum and lets head offer to discord. Oh wait, if you have read one:
    Lets talk about pizza, lets talk about rotkohl, lets talk about wrestling
    ... post there, then you have read them all too. So lets close discord too. Only stupid bullying by a few guys anyway.

Now, is there anything else left to even talk about? Started with your IMHO strange message, no!

Or alternatively, if you are not interested in realism and physics, simply just don't respond and ignore. There are a lot others interested. Obviously you are not. But please stop to tell people what they have to be interested in.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    pennywiseguy likes this.
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Honestly, I don't find that funny.

Since the arrival of S397, while that should have been good news for rF2, rF2, which we all love, has never ceased to have an uncertain future.

Kaitsu_69 likes this.
  19. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Woosh

BTW, I thought they were switching to simcade.

The Iron Wolf and AMillward like this.
  20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I never said this.