rFactor1 to rFactor 2 Conversion Tutorial - Quick Guide

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by dylbie, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Dyson do they work in devmode?

2. Dyson

Dyson Registered

I haven’t tried dev mode. I’m not sure how you use it to be honest I just put it in game

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Normally, if you have made a mas file that includes all sound files for that car and did include that mas file into the rfcmp, all sounds should work.
    Did you do that?

4. Dyson

Dyson Registered

Yes I made a mas file that had all sound files in it. The sound files were in 2 folders but I put them into one as it says to do so I’m not sure what’s going on

5. Dyson

Dyson Registered

I would also like to know how can I make it so I can see the car livery I am choosing? When I pick the car I want to drive it doesn’t show me a picture or anything of it. I can’t actually see the car until I drive it

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Did you check, if the wav files, that are linked in the sfx file are included in the sounds mas file that you have packed?

You have to create icon files for each car.
    Read this for example:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/new-icon-creator-tutorial.65139/

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Put the sound files in the required folders in modev, as stated in the mod SFX files.

e.g.
    VS_INSIDE_COAST_ENGINE_1=F1LR2\Beagle\capri_idle.WAV

There may be some sounds used from the original rFactor which aren't carried over to rFactor 2.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Any updates needed for the original post regarding the conversions? It's about 4 years old now.

9. Dyson

Dyson Registered

Thanks guys I’ve now got my sound working. Now I need to sort out the ffb it seems very weak or my wheel just rattles really badly when I try to make it stronger. Using a g27.

Woodee likes this.
  10. dylbie

dylbie Registered

There's loads of stuff that needs adding! I think I've been saying I'll update it for about 3 and a half years. :rolleyes:

11. Dyson

Dyson Registered

Does anything need updated for force feedback? I’m converting the formula nkp and feedback is very weak but ok on other mods

12. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Have a look in the HDV file in the steering section. Converting from rF1 will be using the old rF1 steering system. I've had mixed results with this to be honest. Some cars seem to work really well with it, others aren't so good. I guess it depends on the quality of the physics of the original mod. Ideally though you want to be updating the supsension and steering to rF2 standards.

13. Dyson

Dyson Registered

Do you mean under controls? I can’t see a steering section but do see a ffb multi line? Also how do I update the shaders? When I do it it gives me a missing texture error

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

15. Szymonpl12

Szymonpl12 Registered

Hi everyone, i got a problem with the display on the steering wheel's screen. It shows everything (that is my position, speed and lap) except the current gear. I can shift gears normally. Im new to this modding stuff and this is my first time doing something like this. I would be thankful if someone could tell me what i need to do.

[​IMG]

16. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsydWwJI_mzQgYtwzE3w3lC-eB3y9w?e=eUmsmR
    This talks about it.
    More info here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/steering-wheel-screen-infos.66482/

17. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

So i managed to convert a RF1 F1 1982 Alfa to RF2 but for some reason instead of sitting flush on the track it stays up from the ground like this On the front the suspension is not aligned and rearsuspension is too high aswell
    Not flush 1.jpg

Not flush 2.jpg

The suspension should be flat instead of angled down like on the second picture. I think its related to how i converted the car from RF1 with the online tools thing but i did the same thing with another car and it did not have this issue with the suspension. So if anyone knows how to fix this it would be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  18. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

okay i fixed it by the advice of dimaone and this is how i fixed it
    ''GraphicalOffset = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0) // does not affect physics! In the HDV file try to do this change the middle numbers (0.0,0.1,0.0)''
    So i changed graphical offset of HDV file

PatientRF2fan and Corti like this.
  19. SharD

SharD Registered

A persistent issue I have been having with converting rFactor 1 mods to rFactor 2 is something that appears to be bugged graphics. This is what happens to the car after a collision:

Before:
    GRAB_170.JPG

After a collision: GRAB_169.JPG

The black texture tends to be a texture that is inside of the car, underneath the exterior of the car. It is NOT a part of WCCARBODY itself.

Is this issue familiar to people? And, if so, how to fix it?

20. redapg

redapg Registered

@SharD I have seen it before, but i unfortunately don't remember the Reason (there maybe can be different Reasons too).
    Is that black Part a separate Mesh or is it a Part of the Body Mesh?
    If it's a separate Mesh, attach it to the Body.
    And it has to be in the Instance=SLOT<ID> and tagged with Damageable=True.
    If you can not get it solved, i can offer to check it, if you send me a Link for the Car, by a private Conversation.

juanarg70 likes this.