HOW TO: Hosting with SteamCMD and Paid Content

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't see how a video is more helpful than a text guide. Actually I think step by step in written form is much easier to follow, being able to glance over the whole process, double check what you just did, place the current step in context, etc.

What you should do is either find threads describing your issue (possible, but difficult to be sure) or start a new thread in this section, detail exactly what you've done, and what's (not) happening. Then people more experienced with the process can better help you.

2. Sysgen

Sysgen Registered

Help!! I don't get it.

I did the steps on the first post of this thread.

Copy the serverkeys.bin to local pc
    Launch single player once
    copy Serverunlock.bin and unlock.bin back to server
    Run modmgr and it says Keys Loaded
    upload_2020-5-4_16-10-17.png

I launch the server without any issues
    upload_2020-5-4_16-11-9.png

But when I try to connect to it, it flashes for one second and doesn't load, here's a video. I got it to load a few times, but only once, then I'd need to reload the server and back to this problem.

Attached Files:

3. Sysgen

Sysgen Registered

4. Sysgen

Sysgen Registered

You can see here, sorry for the bad quality, I launch the game, connect to the server and everything is alright, I close the game, reconnect, and it fails...wtf?

The top window is where the server is running, I'm connected with teamviewer

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In your game computer (I assume you have the server on another computer when you mentioned Teamviewer)
    go to the rFm folder ....\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\rFm
    have you got a mas file for the event? And in that mas is there is a rfm and two dds files?
    It's hard for me to see but it looks like it always wants to download the mod file but that normally is downloaded to the client before joining the server.

6. Sysgen

Sysgen Registered

I have this on my local computer
    upload_2020-5-4_19-53-16.png

7. Sysgen

Sysgen Registered

And that is the remote one

upload_2020-5-4_20-8-17.png

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I noticed one thing I thought I would ask about even though it probably is no issue.
    The date of the SH Karting - Kartsim_10.mas.
    I would expect the file on the remote to be earlier than the local. Make the Race Event file with Mas2 and install it on the remote then it is downloaded to the local on joining the server.
    I realise it is the Date Modified and not Date Created but I was just curious.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

9. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

So, I followed the steps as shown in the first post from Christopher using the M2 Cup and the Nurburgring. Everything worked flawlessly. However, this morning I went to set up an event with the ISI Clio 2010 and the Nurburgring, and I get a "package not available" error again. I redid the steps in the first post again and created a new race event, but the issue still exists. Is there something special I need to do in order to use the Clio on this track?

10. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

So I'm trying to get Le Mans 2018 to run on our dedi server without any success.
    I've done the serverkeys.bin thing didn't help.
    Last thing to try is to rename 2.05 .rfcmp to 2.05.rfcmp
    Does that werk?

SS

edit:
    Nope still no track layout in the vmod.

Anyone know the fix
    Thanks in advance

SS

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  11. Corti

Corti Registered

I try to do it but...same problem here
    Sin título.png
    solved
    Sin título 2.png
    First remove LeMans 2018 (I always use the classic ModManager). Then I look for any LeMans_2018 folders left in the windows explorer (Installed folder) and delete them directly.
    Launch rF2 launcher and it should be installed again LeMans 2018.
    Finally I made a new vmod without problems.
    P.D.: If you do the key process correctly, you should have no problem running it on a dedicated server. I hope it helps, A big hug to everyone SS

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    SmellySkidmark and lagg like this.
  12. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

BIG THANK YOU Corti, that werked.
    I must have done the serverkeys.bin wrong.
    Anyway it's good now
    Thanks Bro

SS

Corti likes this.
  13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Hopefully an easy question to answer.
    For my dedicated server, i just installed the game as normal, then the dedicated server.
    I launch the full game on the DS machine when there are updates available either for the game or content

I am about to purchase my first DLC, so, do i need to follow this process to enable it to launch in the server, or just update as I have been? I run steam in offline on the DS machine apart from when updating.

Many thanks

14. Decked

Decked Registered

So I still haven't been able to setup a dedicated server properly. Because of all the messing about I reinstalled windows and followed the instructions 100% (I even had my partner sanity check it while I was doing it).

First of all it comes up with an error computing mod sig (when this happens it changes the name of the .mas with a 10 at the end). I can change this but it comes up with another error saying No track filter found in rFM.

upload_2020-6-22_15-4-15.png
    upload_2020-6-22_15-1-55.png
    And then it's not able to locate the rFm MAS file...?

upload_2020-6-22_14-53-42.png

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files:

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Decked likes this.
  16. Decked

Decked Registered

I got it all sorted! Thanks!

17. M.H. van Oosterhout

M.H. van Oosterhout Registered

Hi all,
    Somehow since few days the paid cars are not showing up in the Server manager anymore. Paid tracks still do but without cars, what's the point ;)
    The ModMgr shows them to be installed and OK. Also looking it the mods I made for the miltiplayer sessions they seem to be complete. It used to work just fine but whatver paid car I try now, none of them work (I have almost all paid content and tried almost all of them). I have also tried re-building everything but to no avail. "Selected vehicles" remains empty, whatever I do.
    upload_2020-7-15_17-8-55.png

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

18. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Have you tried re running the server keys thing at the beginning of the thread?

19. M.H. van Oosterhout

M.H. van Oosterhout Registered

Thanks for your reply.
    Indeed that's what I did. It also worked before. Stopped working like 3 days ago or so.
    I might generate those keys again to see if it helps.

Update: After re-generating the server key once more, the issue is fixed. Still I have no clue on why I needed to do this again. Maybe it was an update? Oh well.. all good now :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Andy Bonar likes this.
  20. Rantal

Rantal Registered

Hi everyone, I have a question. I promise that the server is working and everyone connects. I created a server with the official gt3 pack. I was wondering if there is a way to enter the server by having only one machine in the pack and not the whole pack as it is now. Thank you all. Hope the translator doesn't make too many mistakes.