[MOD GUIDE] Is there a current up-to-date MOD guide for rFactor as it is today?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by SPEKTRE76, Jul 19, 2020.

1. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Registered

Hello People,

Is there a current up-to-date MOD guide for rFactor as it is today? I'd like to start learning how to do this. I can already work CATIA V5, SolidWorks and Fusion 360. I do not imagine learning another type of modeling program will be much harder.

The only that will be a huge steep challenge is the programming of the cars I'd like to create. I see there are some online but they date back to 2012. Can anyone direct me to an up-to-date resource. All I want to do is create cars.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Registered

There we go!, thank you. The stuff I was finding was very old.

4. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Registered

There's nothing on how to build the model (guidelines). This only has texture and programming. But were getting closer

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Also this? http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

I don't know much about building cars... but I would imagine just build it (which is already a tough task) and work out the other stuff later.

There are a few car blueprints sites around which help with the dimensions and such.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can you be a little more specific? Are you looking for a guide on how to actually model the car? Are you expecting some particular software to be supported (which I guess is 3dsmax, basically, but check the years as the plugins don't support all of them)? Or are you looking for information on how to make the various bits of the car (body, dash, wheel, driver body) work together? The old '2012' guides are largely still correct for that basic structure.

7. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Registered

I'm looking for product structure, naming conventions, life size model or not. I saw the 2012 guide. It us what I need. I just thought there was a more updated document out there. What about getting tjd car to work with tje new paint system.

8. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can open the gen file for the skip barber in devmode and see what things are named.

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

New paint system docs are on the same link I gave you.

10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

New modding documentation is coming soon(tm), although the first release will be mostly based on track content. Some of the info will carry over.