Need tutorial or instructions to set animations.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Luis Barata, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

I was converting a track in 3ds Max that I did in 2007 for GTR2 now to rFactor 2. I have faced several small problems from what I remember from GMotor at that time to the actual GMotor, specially in animations and settings for it. I have tried several options for instance to make the starting lights work and pitlights and they don't work, as well some wind generators (I guess 12 - normally work 2 or 3 at the same time, worst in some cases depends of the camera position). So basically if there's a tutorial, or instructions to set it would be nice. Thanks.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can see light settings here: https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/tracks/track-art/track-creation-cheat-sheet
    Animation type would be manual.
    I don't really know what you mean by wind generator though.

3. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

I think he means this.
    [​IMG]

4. Coutie

Ah, ok.
    @Luis Barata
    I had one that I made, but I can't find it. You can animate it with two bones, make the root bone control everything that doesn't move, then make another bone the controls the blades, and animate it. There are probably some posts around here talking about animation, so look for them and hopefully they'll be of help.

5. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Thanks, that helps. Just a missing in the pitlights to describe what type of animation, I saw in 3dsimed a file that worked but it was set "event" which is not an option in the gmotor settings in 3ds Max.
    The wind generators are similar to that ones. I made the animation with several textures and applied "cycle" and apparently they should work like this, the problem is that from the 12 only 2 or 3 works which is odd, maybe I should try that method, thanks.

6. Coutie

Pit lights are there too, use manual as the animation type.