Released Ferrari 488 GTE

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 29, 2020.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah you will definitely lose some FPS thanks to the detail and new shaders. If you are around the limit before it drops into stutter then this car prolly will push you over. Isnt there a setting for interior or car detail? Might work to lower it some mate.

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Not a separate setting for interior, but I'm using all car detail on low and running in low Res. Loving the car though! Can still get away with 16 of them on track at Imola with low settings and no rain, check the FPS counter top left of screen About 33mins through this video, it's generally hovering between 40's & 60'
    s.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Would for sure be nice with an interior detail setting. Even i have seen a tiny bit of FPS dropping below smooth 60 because of the Ferrari. Lowering the detail of car exteriors isnt fun, and i can personally do with a little less detail in cockpit to have smooth big races. The detail went from really low to super high. Personally im fine with in between them both. Especially detail that is in places you dont see, but this is what VR people wanted and now many suffer, lol. Be careful what you wish for.

4. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Registered

Did they forget to add LODs?

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

The more detailed cockpit you sit in will lower FPS and so if you were on the limit before then you will drop into lag territory (or stutter).

6. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

So when do we get the second part of the screenwiper?
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

All other GTE's work fine. It's only missing on the 488 :(

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The location and vertical nature of the cutoff suggest it's not being drawn on the side screen. Can you check that?

I'm sure I've seen similar mentioned on another car but can't find it now, so not sure if it was resolved in some way.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just looked at it in the hangar and for both versions of the S397 cars, the windsheild wiper was full length from the exterior view.

9. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

its missing on the right screen. But the shadow of the wiper does show on the right screen. Also in the replays and outside/track camera's it showing. But somehow its missing in the cockpit view.

10. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Why do the lights that indicate locking a wheel on the ferrari gte not come on?

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it is a feature that has not been implemented yet by S397. Several cars have those lights, none of them work as they should.

qusimano and jlnprssnr like this.
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

this car might be the best car in the sim racing industry

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  13. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Registered

@Studio-397,

Will there be a Pack including the Ferrari 488 GTE & GT3?

Cheers

J

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

15. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Registered

@mesfigas, Agreed, But I like the idea of Manufacturer Packs.

J

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The moment the GTE was released as a solo car, the chance of the GT3 being in a pack shrank to zero. Especially after the Bentley was released for free to previous purchasers. No other content to link it to. It will probably be a single car purchase that someday(at least a year) will be rolled into the main GT3 package.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  17. Kahel

Kahel Registered

If we can have the 'two strong pack'... we can easily have a ferrari pack... pretty sure they are considering it strongly.
    At least it would be very usefull for those who which to complete their gt collection.

PS: both different categorie car and/or already bundle in 2 different kind of pack... have been a thing.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  18. J7166

J7166 Registered

Yes but the two strong pack had two cars released together. If the only option to buy the Ferrari GT3 was with the Ferrari GTE then tons of people would have to buy the Ferrari GTE for a second time. I could see them reshuffling later and adding it to a GT3 pack, but I'd be surprised if they paired it with the Ferrari GTE.

nolive721 and Emery like this.
  19. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Above makes lot of sense to me too.

Looking forward to see how the GT3 compares to the GTE because the latter is one of my favs in the game

To me the Bentley 2020 GT3 is becoming the benchmark so high hopes the 488 will follow these nice roots

20. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I made some observations with the Ferrari and the new underfloor aerodynamics. No rant, but the Ferrari can be set softer than any other car. What I did is to set it as low and soft as possible (RideHeight RH50), no packer, accelerate to 280, and hit clutch and lift throtte which makes noes go down. Then I did the same with Rideheight 70 both front and rear.
    The difference is interesting: With low ride height the tail is allready sucked to floor before lifting. Then the nose swings down and takes a few seconds (!) to come up again. It feels like an active air damped suspension pumping up the car.
    With RH70 the car is not sucked down and behaves like any other car in the very same test.
    This demonstrates well the strong suck effect if you get too low. It will be interesting whether someone can use it to build a ground effect car, or whether it gives you more trouble when the nose goes deep in corners like eau rouge. Some cars seems to snap around more easily at least. Setup work seems to get more complex, and maybe packer get more important now.
    Fer_soft_RH50.PNG Fer_soft_RH70.PNG

Edit: to add a litte rant: The setup rideheight diffs were 20mm, yet right before lifting, the ride heigt diff is 15mm only at 280km/h. So I assume you hit the ground somwhere for low rideheigt setting at topspeed. Yet, there is NO speed penalty at all, no scratch sound, nothing. You can go even slightly faster hitting ground with low ride height (and at least strong suction effect, which gives you usually more drag)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020