Freezes between sessions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bustedknuckles5, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Bustedknuckles5

Bustedknuckles5 Registered

I've been having an issue between sessions for over a month now on line, when the servers change from practice to qualify, my game is stuck at the end of practice for almost 2 minutes of the qualify session, this has been happening on 2 separate machines, I have built a new machine 3 days ago and having same issue! I am using the same hard drive from the original machine so it is the same install, all other components are new!
    I don't have any issues between qualify and warmup, but between warmup and race the game will freeze for approximately 45 seconds, causing me to either miss the start of race or having to have server restart race for me at which point I have no problem!
    I have tried creating new player file by removing mine and starting rF2 again and then redoing all of my settings, this helped when I was having slow initial load times, that I don't have anymore!
    I have enabled trace logs tonight and will upload the first 1 tomorrow evening after my next race!
    Thank you in advance for any help!

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

See if real time logging is enabled in the player file, that could cause it.

3. Bustedknuckles5

Real time logging is set to 0 so no, not enabled!

4. lagg

lagg Registered

If you are using the DamPlugin, update it to the last version

5. Bustedknuckles5

No DamPlugin, only plugin we use is the stockcar plugin and I'm not sure but I don't think that plugin is even on my machine I think that is server side only?

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I've been getting this occasionally with the new UI.

7. Bustedknuckles5

have not used the new ui yet!

8. Bustedknuckles5

Here is my trace log from tonight's race also a copy of my player file I hope somebody can figure something out, 2 minutes between end of practice and qualify tonight! all the other drivers were finished qualifying when I finally was able to get on track, as a result I couldn't see any of there lap times!
    I was asked if realtime logging was on and I said no, and I can see in my player file it is set to 0 but in my log folder I find RealTimeLogging_PT files, 7 of them! WTH?

Attached Files:

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's normal. Setting it to 1 makes bigger files and is more prone to causing issues. The standard 0 logging is the same for everyone.

10. Davvid

Davvid Registered

And it's outrageous that's still impossible to turn that logging off. I don't get it. rF2 doesn't have forced telemetry automatically sent to the S397 servers so what's the point? To always generate useless big log files that will never be send/shared if one doesn't decide to do it anyway.

Bernd likes this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Davvid yet it doesn't affect 99% of players, and may not affect any at all (impossible to know when it can't be disabled). Calm down.

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I totally agree with you and also for me, it is absolutely NOT understandable, why there still is no option to completely deactivate it.
    Look here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....freezes-public-test.62687/page-15#post-995573
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....freezes-public-test.62687/page-16#post-996964
    And that "discussion" started more than a year ago...... @Marcel Offermans

Davvid likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Bernd from a month ago:

- Improved logging to help us diagnose issues and run smoother.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-update-rfactor-2-1-1119-now-available.66276/

There are still reports of stuttering. There are also probably other issues they may get some insight into via the logging (that doesn't require the extra step of "please enable the logging and if it happens again, send it to us.")

Things change. What's said now may not apply later.

The default logging level produces generally small files and is obviously very unlikely to cause issues, like the one described in this thread, because otherwise they would be happening to many more people.

What exactly do you have against the logging? Marcel explained the reason for it very succinctly. I don't see any negative for it.

14. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You can have another opinion, but i don't have to follow that. :)
    Let me ask the "opposite" question.
    Why we don't have an option to deactivate it?
    It would change nothing, but give the majority of the users, that don't have any stuttering problems, the possibility to deactivate a, for these users, unnecessary Activity.

And for me there are 3 main reasons why i want to have that option.
    1. Why shall i have an activity running, that i don't need?
    2. I use SSD only and i don't want to have unnecessary write to the SSD activities, that also unnecessarily wear out the SSD.
    3. I always optimize my computer, to ensure to have as less as possible activities running in the fore and background, to avoid any bad influence on my gaming experience.
    And now i have an activity, that is started from a game for that i try to reduce these?
    Sorry, that makes no sense at all.

Note: The above written things is my personal opinion and it don't has to be discussed, because i won't change it. ;)

Davvid likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can also choose to ignore any points I made in my thread, so good job there.

Might as well stop there, nothing to be gained.

16. Davvid

Davvid Registered

I have pretty fast hardware and since introducing this logging I have to wait several seconds after long sessions before switching to the next one. Before the mandatory logs it was always instant. For me it's a big inconvenience. (I don't know what you are talking about not possible to know). That's why it is outrageous.

PS. And I have nothing against the default opt-in option! But for God sake let me disable it if I want (it may even take whole day of tinkering, I'll manage). That makes no sense. Even M$ is better because they fetch and use your logs no matter if you want it or not. Here is constant writing for nothing.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

When did you start having the freezes between sessions?

18. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I had similar problems months ago, found it was my Anti Virus software causing it, see this -
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....e-replays-after-a-session.65185/#post-1016171

Hope it helps. :)