Latest Roadmap Update - June 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thumbs up from here. Cheers!

3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Awesome :)

4. Hocician

Hocician Registered

please let it be a Nissan GTR GT3... ;-) that would be so awesome!

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Awesome news that the 488 GT3 and a surprise GT3 is coming. Glad to hear the GT3's are getting some polish because the updates to GTE really brought them up a level. It's an awesome class for racing and you can never have too many GT3 cars

McKiernan likes this.
  6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

finally some documentation for modders

for tracks only ....

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Edit, yeah Loch Drummond updated, is a fantasy track but a very cool one, nice!!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  8. dazzer

dazzer Registered

amazing everything they are doing !!

9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

+1 ....OMG

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think I have been very (maybe even too) vocal when it comes to issues with the Steam Summer sale, but besides that it's nice to see that things are moving forward on all fronts and I also would like to give credit, where credit is due. The updates to Silverstone and the GTE cars have been sublime and the release of Portland just served as the icing on the cake. ISI had the issue of announing and not releasing things and with Portland I feared that you would follow the same path. Luckily I have been proven wrong and the track is simply a great addition to the sim and offers something that you won't find anywhere else with that quality. The dashes on the GTE cars are def. a step in the right dircetion, the sounds improved alot and if the Ferrari cockpit is anything to by, then you are def. on the right path with keeping and supporting this engine and title.

And don't be fooled: the issues and freezes that we have seen randomly aren't just rF2 iusses. I had two PC2 races yesterday and got reminded how great it is to have permanent freezes and lags at race starts with a friend reporting the same issues as "normal". The difference is that we have still a dedicated team here working on those issues while other developers would have given up long time ago. Please keep at it :)

Jozo70, atomed, Remco Majoor and 2 others like this.
  11. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

I bet it's another VW car and will be soled as an italian pack...

But I hope I'm wrong ;)

Hocician likes this.
  12. Hocician

Hocician Registered

ok ... a Lambo is possible... yeah, but i also hope that you're wrong :-D Godzilla is much more unique than a sporty VW

NathanW likes this.
  13. dazzer

dazzer Registered

when loch drummond will be available? :D

14. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Excellent road map. Thanks

15. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Endurance Issues – Nice bit of reading on learning to code, but doesn't really explain how it relates to our issues. Maybe explain the reproducible scenario. Good find with the driver swap?? Was this shown in the 24LM?

Modding Updates - Great to hear an updated track will make it to ModDev. Maybe a car should be updated at the same time, preferably something that utilises as much of the current graphic and physics updates.(something with a windscreen and windows)
    Great to hear documentation and tools are still coming. But you are concentrating on track content first?? I see on the forums and discord more questions regarding car content modding than track, this will probably change as the track guys get a hold of new info, surely the Ferrari has given you a standard to set and gives you the information to share with vehicle modders now?.
    I won't hold my breath though waiting for these tools or documentation, we currently have an Edge Baker that seems to not work for most users, and we still are waiting on the tool to make the icon creation easier that wasn't ready for prime time. In regards to Carbody shader, there is more info on 1 thread in the forum between a few guys trying to work things out that is more helpful than any of the current documentation.
    All this is all well and good, but still no ModDev access from new UI???

Content – I will get to the consolidation of packs after in more detail, but I have to say announcing the release of 2 new ones(along with the current Ferrari GTE and possibly another Hypercar) has just made that consolidation pretty much useless.
    "In closing there is one topic we want to quickly address. In the sale we changed the bundles we have on sale. We thought it was time to do that. In that process we might have taken away the opportunity for some to “complete their collection”. We did listen to your feedback and will come with a one-time solution for that soon. "
    The Steam Summer sale thread was locked that dealt with the frustration of this consolidation and a couple of sentences tacked on to the end of the roadmap really doesn't help matters, especially if no thought process or direction is taken with the newly announced or future content. And without that direction, we will be discussing this again in the near future when you have to look at another "one-time solution".
    Without dragging too much of what I had said in the other post, I will say this. Without a 1 car/1 circuit server join requirement, it does not matter what the UI looks like, it does not matter if you have a great competition system. You will not grow the player base using the competition system if the main content you are marketing is constantly being fragmented by new content releases.

The more up front and honest you are with your player base, the more trusting and loyal they will be(in any business, really...). The sale really has not helped with holding the trust of the existing playerbase and honestly neither has this roadmap. I honestly would like to see more official interaction here on the forums, come and answer some of the questions that came up in that thread, directly in that thread.

Bill Worrel likes this.
  16. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I only answer for the topic of car modification.
    there is information for everything within the forum and in discord.
    windows for cars are really simple...
    [​IMG]

17. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

@dazzer Windows may be simple, but when your main job has been physics for the last 3 years and trying to help understand new shaders, rain drops etc. not so much. I only managed to get rain drops on windcreen/windows in the last week or so after much trial and error, walking away for a while, and lots of swearing. And yes, the forums are a great place to get info from fellow modders etc. when the answers are known or those that do know answer. But I have asked many questions to get no answers, so most of the time it's trial and error. Discord is just a cesspool, where anything of value gets lost in no time amongst the garbage.
    My point is that if you have complete documentation in one repository that outlines how to obtain a minimum standard then it will save a lot of questions and may help encourage modding again. Personally I have watched our healthy modding group dwindle down to a couple of part timers due to the frustrations I have outlined previously and here.

18. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Great update. A little excited about the modding information coming :D I hope 3D Max 2012 is still supported?
    Looking very much forward to learning more about how to make a decent track :p:p

muzikant likes this.
  19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

GT3, Lambo, Lexus or Honda, place your bets!

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That statement could be argued. Since there are various new versions each few years. Often with a tiny little bit of aero change. And they would just never end. Generally they are all very similar cars, and if that's not enough they get all balanced. So everyone is equally unhappy about them.