Fanatec Wheel Base Drivers

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Highlandwalker, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Hi Fanatec Users.
    New beta drivers available as of April 2 if you are not aware. I use a CSW-V2.5 and a Formula Carbon wheel, I installed these drivers and the firmware updates without any problems, the wheelbase and all buttons working perfectly. I feel these drivers are a definite improvement, more detail and easier to catch slides, my lap times have improved and more consistent times. These are beta drivers so read the page of info before downloading.
    To install.
    Switch wheel off. Uninstall old drivers. Install new drivers 365. Switch wheel on. Click the new Fanatec Icon to open the properties window and it should open the window to install the Wheel Base Firmware 672 and Wheel Base Motor Firmware 22.
    I also installed the beta Fanlab software but not necessary to use the new drivers, it's a convenient program to use but can only be installed if you have the new drivers installed .
    My settings.
    In game settings
    Car Specific Multi: 0.75 to 0.80 (Adjust per car to stop clipping) (Suits most cars)
    FF Smoothing: 1
    Vehicle Set: Ticked. (must be ticked to get correct wheel rotation)
    FF Minimum: 0.5%
    Wheel Base.
    Sen: Auto (must be auto to get correct wheel rotation in RF2)
    FF: 100
    DRI: -2
    FEI: 70
    FOR: 60
    SPR: 20
    DPR: 10
    BLI: 85 (was ABS)
    SHO: 100
    If it feels a little harsh reduce FEI or to much force feed back reduce FOR do not reduce FF, if you reduce FF you will loose some detail.
    I personally find these settings work very well. These settings also work well with the standard 328 version drivers.
    Driver.
    https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...-v365-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels
    Fanalab
    https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1423/fanalab-1-23-beta-download-post-your-feedback-here
    Ignore the line above the download tab about driver no 352.
    P.S. The extra detail given by these drivers has proved to me that people with DD bases have a definite advantage over people without DD for normal drivers not the aliens.
    Hope some you may find this useful, if I find any problems with these drivers I will update this. Good luck.
    Asseto Corsa
    For those that play AC these settings work very well to, for me it's the best AC has ever felt very close to RF2. The only setting that needs changing is SEN, change this too 900 to get the correct wheel rotation. With these drivers I think I will be playing AC a lot more now. I still have had NO problems with these drivers, also Fanalab is working well to, so highly recommended.
    Fanalab.
    Been using Fanalab for a couple weeks now and found it to be very stable with no problems. You can start various sims through Fanalab and save the wheel settings for the different sims and also different cars within those sims if you want slightly different settings for a particular car. You can also have different settings for the LEDs on the wheel and also various information on the readout on the wheel. If you have vibration motors in your steering wheel you can set them to activate for engine vibration, rev limiter and suspension travel. Very useful program with no impact on FPS.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. KishNP

KishNP Registered

Thank's alot for posting.. Was using the recommended Fanatec settings for RF2 and for me the FFB didn't seem realistic in the sense that that the steering was extremely light, and provided very little FFB that had little strength!

This was mainly trying the latest GT3 pack though where all cars seemed a little lifeless, however the Nissan GT-R GT500 and formula cars seemed a little better..

Unfortunately I've never had the chance to push a GT3 car round the track, but I would imagine the steering would feel much more stiff and have more feedback, would be great to have FFB programmed by a GT3 driver back to back with driving the real thing so we could get the most accurate feel.

I am currently running the same settings as you except with the FOR turned up to 90/100 and and was getting some amazing feedback putting down some laps in the Nissan GT-R GT500 on Sebring

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just for info, you may already be aware, from an rF2 point of view there isn't any FFB programming. The FFB results directly from the physics.

For wheel settings though, yeah. It almost sounds like there are too many options sometimes.

4. Highlandwalker

Glad this was helpful. Ensure you have got FF set to 100 because when I had FOR set to 90-100 it seemed a bit excessive to me but if your happy that's ok. One thing do not have to much SPR it kills detail it feels like your just turning the wheel against a big spring. If you want the wheel to spring back to the centre more set DRI to -3 to -4. Are you using the beta 365 drivers or the 328 drivers. Fanatec recommended settings for rf2 are total crap, wonder how many people are disappointed with there wheel if their using these settings. The only real race car I have driven was a Formula Ford a few years ago, the steering was surprisingly light but very detailed and precise.

5. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Cheers for this man,
    I don't have much experience of the CSL Elite (it's new to me) but somewhere between the beta and your settings the level and quality of the feedback is night-and-day.

720s pulling out of the pits at Seb, I can feel the gentle and soothing rumble of concrete pebbles, resting on a yielding slab of more concrete.

It's a very good setup.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Highlandwalker likes this.
  6. KishNP

KishNP Registered

Maybe I was just so happy I could now feel detail the FOR at 100 just felt good to me, but maybe it is unrealistically tough hahah, I will try 80/85 as a compromise :)

The first and only track day I done was a single seat F1000 car, and the track was absolutely waterlogged, had to be so smooth with breaking and throttle otherwise would spin, best experience I've had though.. I do not remember exactly how the steering felt, I think it was very stiff but very little input required so not hard at all

7. aurelien

aurelien Registered

Hi, I got to try your settings. Since I updated my fanatec driver and firmware lately the ffb was less nice that it was.
    Thanks for sharing your settings, I'll try let a feedback within a week. I think I will try it the same as you, but I'm pretty sure I will put the DRI parameter to -1 or 0 because I actually like when the steering is light.

8. aurelien

aurelien Registered

I've done a quick test, it seems sharper than before. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

9. Highlandwalker

Glad to be of help. Are you using the drivers that are in the link in first post, the reason I am asking is because I used a earlier version which were not so good. Happy driving.

10. aurelien

aurelien Registered

I have the driver 365 and the firmwares included in the package.

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@Highlandwalker thank you sir, I have tested your settings in the Ferrari GTE and found them to be better than the settings I was using. I am still on the 328 drivers (only that I have racing on for the next 2 nights and don't want to chance an update right now) but will update them a little later and see if that makes more of a difference.
    Much appreciated. Thank you.

12. Highlandwalker

I am still using the beta drivers without any problems and also Fanalab. Probably wise not change drivers until after your race. Glad you found an improvement, good luck with the race.

JimmyT likes this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Highlandwalker

The problem is sen is set on auto. Set Vehicle is also activated. Still, the wheel is out of sync in-game. I'll take a look at Player.json tomorrow. Why doesn't it work for you and for me?

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Very well and helpfull thread.
    Thx for shareing.

15. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Thanks man, really good info.

I've been holding off from the BETA drivers and Fanalab since I picked up my CSW 2.5, but after reading this thread I chanced it and it's worked a treat!

Your settings have made the wheel feel, how can I say it, more detailed?
    The rumble is harder when over curbs, I cam feel the grip of the car more, it's just a greater depth all around.

So thanks for posting, I really appreciate it!

;-)

16. Highlandwalker

Glad you found this helpful and an improvement. It took me awhile to get to settings that I was happy with, a lot of experimenting.

17. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Saw your edit Re: AC, what in game settings are you using?

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

https://www.studio-397.com/2018/11/roadmap-update-november-2018/

Everyone be sure to check this in Controller.JSON file

In summary, these are the new parameters in the Controller.JSON:

• Steering Wheel Software Rotation – Defaults to false, but must be set to true to enable this feature. When it is set to false, this feature should be fully disabled.
    • Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness – A configurable value ranging from 1.0 to 100.0, which acts like a spring constant that determines how much counter-torque will be applied if you steer beyond the maximum range.
    • Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver – Whether we should attempt to fetch the maximum steering wheel range from the wheel driver, assuming the driver supports this.
    • Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default – The value of our maximum steering wheel range when there isn’t a wheel driver available that we can read this from or when “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” is set to false. Values from 40 to 1440 are supported.

The Great Apt likes this.
  19. Highlandwalker

Here's a screen shot of my settings. Hope it's helpful.
    Settings.jpg

The Great Apt likes this.
  20. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Cheers dude, tried those but no real joy; still feels artificial around grip and slip on anything 'modern'.
    Interestingly, this isn't the case with the vintage/GPL stuff; that feels really good.