Is this the right way to solve a problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8bar, Jun 27, 2020.

1. 8bar

8bar Registered

So this is the way Studio397 solves problems:
    By just closing the post (No support and a summer sale joke!)
    - seriously?
    I haven't even had the chance to answer.
    What do you do with this post here, close it quick for comments again or better delete it completely?

Thanks a lot Ch. Elliott.
    I have no idea when you have told me something, because this is the first time ever I am hearing your name.
    And to be clear: I never want to get anything refunded, neither from you nor from Steam, but just wanted to get the GT3 Pack for 7,50 Euro as I bought it before.

@Woodee

Where did you post your support messages? support@studio-397.com ?
    It's been six months and this is the FIRST time you have posted here about it?
    Did you just want to vent or want to get the problem fixed?

Do I have any interest in having my problem fixed?
    To be honest, I don't think that's possible anymore, because although I was able to document everything exactly, Steam didn't feel like taking care of it at all and simply told me to contact the seller.
    Studio397 didn't even bother to answer me, not a single email and you see clearly how they react now.
    So the summer sale, which started yesterday, was my last hope to get the GT3 pack to the good old price - but as we know now, that's not going to happen anymore.

Excuse me, but who says that I've posted anything in this forum before?
    I only wrote that I have sent several messages to Studio397 - yes to support@studio-397.com.
    The last one on 20.03.2020 at 16:43 o'clock.
    No, I don't want to vent and yes, I checked my spam-folder regularly.

@mantasisg

Shame that you had this issue, I hope you will be OK away from rf2. By the way, do you have some kind of proof that you paid for the items that you didn't get? It sucks if such thing happens, and there is no data to backup truth.“

Of course I did, I could prove everything, time, date, I even had a transaction number from PayPal and a transaction ID for Steam.
    In my Steam account this purchase was also noted with name of the content and it said that there was a problem too.
    After correspondence with Steam they changed that again and simply closed the case.
    Too bad I didn't take any screenshots before - but who could have guessed that they were so uncooperative?

@lagg

"@8bar what you say is very very strange.
    I visit this forum almost every day for years and as far as I know you're the first guy that bought content and don't got it.
    I'm not doubting it (to be clear)
    There has to be a place in your Steam account with the history of purchases.
    For me is extremly difficult to find something in the web of Steam, but this has to be in someplace.
    Where have you put in contact with S397.
    I'd try to send a MP to … .“

If you visit the site here every day, how often does it happen that a post is deleted as quickly for further comments as mine yesterday?

As mentioned before, I was able to document everything: date, PayPal transaction number and Steam transaction ID and nothing helped.
    But you can see now how such problems are handled.
    Mr. Elliott obviously did not understand me, never read my mails and closed this case here very quickly.

I seriously wonder why I am doing this to myself?
    I have actually never experienced anything like this.
    And in my opinion this is just embarrassing for Steam as well as for Studio397 - what a pity?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Have you looked in your steam inventory...sometimes it shows there but doesn't install;
    From your steam menu select view=> Inventory
    upload_2020-6-27_20-51-26.png

That should take you to a page that looks like;
    upload_2020-6-27_20-52-21.png
    Just be aware it won't show as a pack but each individual car....if you click on one (Audi R8 for example) then you should see a button to view in the workshop, click it and see if you are subscribed, if not subscribe....if you are subscribed, click unsubscribe, then close steam and restart steam.... this should initiate the download (if it doesn't verify game integrity)...rinse and repeat for the other cars in the pack.

EsxPaul and McKiernan like this.
  3. 8bar

8bar Registered

Thanks a lot for your help and effort @Goanna.
    I checked your tip with the inventory, but unfortunately it did not work this way for me.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If i buy a rfactor 2 DLC on steam, i get a mail with the message that a new item was added to my steam library and it looks like a normal bill, with valve as "seller".
    Did you get that mail?
    And is the purchase visible in your shopping history in your steam account details?

5. 8bar

8bar Registered

Hi Bernd,
    as I have already written, I had a PayPal transaction number and Steam transaction ID and I have an email from PayPal about the successful payment of 7.50 Euros to Steam.
    I haven't found an email directly from Steam but the purchase is already from 07. January 2020.
    Even if I had it, if the two numbers above don't help, I can't imagine that an additional mail would have changed anything.
    The mistake was simply not to check immediately whether everything worked out.
    But who would have thought that it could go so wrong?
    This was now also my very first steam purchase that didn't work out.
    I just didn't think that both parties (Steam and Studio397) would have so little interest in correcting this mistake.
    That'll teach me a lesson for the future.
    Regards
    Tommy

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

@8bar

You had 1 post at the time of your post.... so it was your first message, hence why I said it.

@Christopher Elliott Has given you a reply https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/no-support-and-a-summer-sale-joke.66503/#post-1031962

Now you can either understand what he is saying and fix the problem or just keep venting about a problem you have no intention of fixing and get more locked threads for being an ass.... k?

How it has taken you A YEAR to follow up on this is beyond me. You probably don't meet the Steam refund requirements now.

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Have you checked your shopping history in your steam account?
    The whole thing sounds a bit strange, to be honest.
    If the purchase is listed in the shopping history and you can not get it installed in the game, i would say that you have to talk to S397, to solve the problem.
    But if it is not listed in the shopping history and you have the paypal confirmation that steam has received your money, steam has to solve the problem.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It would be "funny" if your receipt of just adding funds to your steam wallet and not actually buying the items. Worth checking your purchase history in your profile under your account like people have mentioned.

9. 8bar

8bar Registered

I‘m sorry Woodee, I just can‘t help you.
    I only wonder, what you want from me?
    I don't feel like you want to help.
    Maybe you're just bored?
    But when 07.01.2020 until 27.06.2020 is "A YEAR" for you, than everything is said.
    Thank you.

10. Bernd

Bernd Registered

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I read it wrong.... I should rephrase then..... it took you nearly 6 months

I want you to get your problem sorted.... but I don't think you want to, you just seem to want to vent and shoot down anyone wanting to help you.

12. Comante

Comante Registered

Well, if you had not received a confirmation email from steam, then something went wrong between PayPal and steam. Is there any chance had you had a refund in your PayPal account but without notification?

13. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

If you buy a product from a store and they don’t provide it do you normally argue with the manufacturer?

I would suggest your time is better invested with Steam or just writing it off to experience after 6 months.

Getting overly frustrated on here now isn’t going to help you and your experience is clearly one that doesn’t resonate with people on here so your not getting any support.

I’m sure you can find a sim you can enjoy elsewhere if you don’t want to support S397.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As an aside - the currently on sale gt3 pack contains 10 cars. Hence being double what you paid back then with the same discount.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Lazza likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Had a feeling I was wrong on that one :p

Woodee likes this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

So you transferred the money to Steam wallet, but never actually consumed the purchase, otherwise you would have got an email from Steam as well with headline "Thank you for your recent purchase for rFactor 2". Explains it perfectly. Since you never actually finalized the purchase, you won't be seeing the items in the game. There is nothing wrong with the game here, it's just probably an extra step you forgot to click (made the same mistake once).

Lazza likes this.
  18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

In response to your question "Is this the right way to solve a problem?", the answer is no. I think being polite and respectful, is the right way to get people to help you with anything. You sir are neither.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, I think you're on the right track here. Steam got the payment, they can't see anything regarding a purchase for rF2 so nothing they can do, rF2 didn't get a purchase so nothing they can do. The 7.50 should still be sitting there, and could be used right now (with another 7.50) to buy the complete GT3 pack.

The OP didn't realise the previous GT3 packs were removed, so the GT3 pack he's seeing at half price isn't the one he bought - which takes out the 'joke'.

I think that's job done.

20. Jihemme

Jihemme Registered

Almost on the same topic, why do I have to pay each new GT3 car since I already purchased the Pack (same with endurance pack, I had to pay the new 488 GTE) ?

I mean I already paid the pack the same price the new pack including the new car is sold...older customers aren't as important as new ones for S397 ?

And before someone tells me I don't have to, every new car had the same issue : not there until I purchase the car despite I already purchased the pack...