Steam Summer Sale 2020!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Even though it looks like a nice sales, I have 4 problems with this
    • as said by others, it only supports new customers, and not faithful fans who already have one GT3 package and are now facing two options, either a) buying a sales package that includes cars they already own, or b) buying cars separately at 5€ each. Why not keep the old packages and strip us from this advantage? Is that because we haven't bought them before? (same for other packages)
    • when does it end? It's not mentioned.
    • the discount is not applied on checkout...
    • a bundle at 10.50€ is actually paid 15€, since Steam doesn't allow exact price with the silly wallet system.
    I don't want to sound ungrateful, but that's a business and we are customers, beside being fans. And for this business part, something isn't right.

TheGame316, Jozo70 and McFlex like this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's part of the global Steam Summer Sale which ends 9th July as stated on Steam.

Redglyph likes this.
  3. Jozo70

Jozo70 Registered

Hey so like many others I am a huge fan of the game and love the work put into all the content especially the dlc's
    However I am also one of the few people that before, had to proprieties which dlc packs I wanted, I was hoping to get some of the ones I missed out before during this sale.
    I think its a great Idea to make a bundle that would encourage new players but I think having the packs separate like before would also help the Players who have already paid for some but not all the DLC, no one should hate on 397 but I hope they can see the issues we have with this and come up with a solution that will make new fans and old fans happy :)

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Why do I keep hearing people about this? Steam gives you the option to add exactly the funds needed for the stuff in your cart if you don't have sufficient funds. I always did it that way

5. Ruben Ghidanac

Ruben Ghidanac Registered

Thank you!
    Now collection complete, i'm glad to support studio 397!
    Keep doing what are you doing!!
    :)

pkelly likes this.
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

When buying stuff on Steam my wallet was always charged with exact price of the DLC.
    It would be illegal otherwise.

7. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Not sure if people meant the £5 off of purchases over £30; Steam have told me it doesn't apply to Steam Wallet Codes or Gifts.

I've asked them to confirm that the way we purchase content in rf2 (adding funds etc) is counted as a Steam Wallet Code.

Yet to hear back, but the £5 may not apply in this instance...don't blame the messanger.

8. Alexander76

Alexander76 Registered

I finally bought everything I wanted.Everything is beautiful and technically accurate.Now the question.How and where can I race at Le Mans?With live opponents.Interested in some sort of Cup of endurance.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

For that, at the present moment , you have to find a league that host that kind of event, not my cup but I think there are leagues that do them once in a while.
    Your best bet is to go in the forum section and see the various leagues that post there, then check their activity calendar.
    In short : official Studio 397 online competitions still have to make their debut, but we should be near.

Alexander76 likes this.
  10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why would you need to buy it again if you have already bought once?

Lethal likes this.
  11. Nfsryder

Nfsryder Registered

Sure feels like a slap in the face for existing users who have some of the content already. Thanks S397!

McFlex likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

oooh I can only buy sumptin ifn its on sale, 'cepting the stuff I already did done buys some of. Who did the slappin? You had OVER A FREAKIN' YEAR to buy any of the carpaks and months to buy the latest tracks. You waited, YOU gambled, YOU dilly-dallied. That is some slap, I hope you were looking in the mirror when you administered said slap. There still are plenty of non-dlc cars included with rF2, why not make your life easier and stick to those?
    (this may seem directed at one reader, but it's not, 3 days of whinging/whiney. Probably by next week I'll snap again.)

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's kind of a moot point, because you can't buy those packs now - though actually that IS the point :D

I'll give an example, using my AUD$ for simplicity. If someone bought only one of the GT3 packs, for full price, that was $24. They can now complete the set by buying the 10/11* car set for $24. They're kind of re-buying 5 cars they already had, but overall the amount is the same as buying the 2 packs full price.

But this is only because it's currently on 50% off sale. If they don't buy it in the next 2 weeks, they'll have to pay either $48 for the full set (to get those 5 missing cars) or buy the 5 cars individually for $41 total. So because the separate packs are removed, they'll pay minimum $65 for something that was previously $48 (the 2 GT3 packs). Apparently the cars are already valuable antiques :p

The expectation would have been the existing packs are either discounted for the sale, or sitting there at full price as an option for now and later.

*The GT3 Challengers pack had 5 cars. The Audi GT3 got an additional 2019 version, so that pack now has "6" cars, hence the combined pack is now 11 cars, not 10 - though that Audi 2018/2019 is one item in the store...

14. Joeyyy

Joeyyy Registered

Does anyone know why the price isn't cut on steam, even though it says -50%? Shouldn't it be 7.5 euros?

https://imgur.com/kwANExr

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

So it's the customers fault, that S397 changed the packages, so, in fact, you now have to pay more when just partly owning content?
    You really attack a user for not buying something, but waiting for a sale?

Wow...what an attitude, mate.

And not very cool, S397....absolutely not.

pennywiseguy, Jozo70, EsxPaul and 3 others like this.
  16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Simple facts are;
    1. S397 as the seller has the right to sell their product in ANY format they see fit.
    2. You the customer, have the right to buy/not buy these products as you see fit.

It always amazes me that some can spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on hardware, but quibble about software the price of a coffee or two. My eyes read these posts, but my brain is saying Wah Wah Wah

The Great Apt, Woodee, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  17. CrimsonEminence

Usually, it is not required to buy something twice, to get the full package on the best deal.
    This is not a trading cards pack. Especially with this convenient change of the packaging right before the sales. What a coincidence.
    Lazza has made a good explanation, why this is an issue. If you hear just wah wah wah, you may let yourself check by a doctor. :)

18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

See point 2 of my previous post

19. CrimsonEminence

Pretty poor point contrary to the statement, that it is a slap in the face for longer existing users with partially owned content, that have planned to expand on content.

I let you now continue the praising of such shady bussiness decisions.^^

(But yes. Money talks, so not buying it seems to be the right answer for these existing users)

20. Goanna

Goanna Registered

It’s not praising or otherwise, it’s the way it is...don’t like it, don’t buy it..simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.