What DLC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cully, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Cully

Cully Registered

So im about to buy rfactor 2 this morning, popped up on my wishlist as 50% off.
    These days im getting my sim fix from AMS2 and ACC but want to add rf2 to the list, what dlc do you people recommend?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

3. Cully

Cully Registered

Great thanks for that, ill grab the endurance, GT3 and tracks pack.

What is the steam workshop content like?

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Workshop content is pretty good in my opinion (some may say otherwise) It shouldn't cost anything, you can try it and if you like it, keep it. If you don't like it, uninstall it and try something else. All it costs you is your time and, hey, you might really like a lot of the things you try (I did, for sure) My rF2 folder is 104GB so I've got a bit of stuff in there.

avenger82 and Cully like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

6. Comante

Comante Registered

The Reiza pack , with cars and track is a nice thing to have.

billyblaze and pkelly like this.
  7. Transyt

Transyt Registered

Well, I'm curious, I have already own Sebring, if there is a refund if I buy the track pack? Or i just have to buy Sebring twice if I want to enjoy 25% off for the rest of the 3 tracks?

8. lagg

lagg Registered

There is no refund after 48 hrs of the buying.
    Steam consider Sebring and the trackpack as different packages.

9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I have the same problem. But it's still cheaper then getting rest of tracks separately.

10. marceloariel

marceloariel Registered

Sorry, I use a translator:
    The same thing happens to me, in other titles, steam discounts a part of what we have, but here the system does not take it into account.
    Can that be revised and corrected so that there is a difference if we already have a previously purchased product?
    I am not complaining, I am really grateful for all the content and updates that I have received since I bought rfactor2, but if that detail were taken into account I would be buying the track pack, although I do not use it frequently.

I rectify: buying the pack anyway is cheaper than 25% in my case of the 3 tracks that I still do not have, so whether it is calculated or not, it is not appropriate to ask for more discounts :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Regarding the workshop content, the only other thing I would suggest is that if you download content from the workshop and you like it and use it, please leave a positive comment there for the maker of the content. If you don't like it, please don't bad mouth the maker or the content, just un-install it. These people put a lot of time and effort into bringing us free content and don't deserve being flamed for their efforts.

12. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The Formula E Gen2 is one of the most underrated cars of all sims, is a blast to drive

13. Cully

Cully Registered

Well i bought the endurance pack along with the trackpack.
    So far so good but im struggling to hit a god visual/performance setting.I have a high spec PC that runs all my games and sims ultra settings 120+ fps @ 1440P 14hz but not so with rf2, rain and or night are especially poor. Other than that im really enjoying, i never thought anything would pull me away from ACC but AMS2 did, will rf2 do the same? time will tell :)

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep. Same situation here. I was hoping for discounts on individual tracks so I could get 1, maybe 2. Not sure yet if I want to buy all 3 (4, but I have Sebring), because even the 1 or 2 I may not ever race on. Or maybe I will. Dunno. Got a couple of weeks to think about it.

That seems to stick in some people's craw, because if I just want to buy something at a discount I apparently don't care about the game as much as they do and have no right to expect things to work out how I want. Well we all have our own levels and desires, I'll leave them to theirs, hopefully they can do the same with mine.

15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Rain and night is heavy in all sims to be honest. I run almost max graphics on triple 1080p monitors with a i7-8700K and RTX2070 with 16GB RAM. Night time can drop FPS and i can run a bit of rain and get away with it but not full on rain and still maintain 60FPS at all times. Could you specify your hardware? Also you dont need max post processing effects in the launcher menu. Drop that one down 1 or 2 steps and check. In the graphics option in the sim you can drop back a step or two in the reflections departement. Someone else probably know better than me. I was just lucky everything worked so well when i got my new hardware, but night time and rain is heavy. Its hard to get away from it thanks to all the light sources at night and all the reflections and particles during rain. Im sure we can get you to a better place though. I hope anyway. For now though if the sim runs well in normal weather and day/early/evening then get some driving done and feel the epic physics and FFB this sim offer. :)

16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Rain is a performance hog and really need to be optimized by S397. Night as well if there are a lot of cars visible at the same time.

17. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah I have same dilemma. I could easily afford buying all the content at full price, but I don't want to spend too much on virtual entertainment, especially when I won't use it much. Besides, I already have most of the rF2 content anyway, except Kartsim, Formula-E content and couple cars. I'm not a sucker for laser scanned tracks. I know I won't drive, let alone race at them IRL(maybe besides Nords as I live not so that far from it). There are more reasons to have them and they are premium quality, Le Mans looks great, Nurburgring Nordschleife contains 6 layouts or so . On the other hand I have Nords laser scanned in 3 other sims. Le Mans is not that popular and I don't think the one in pCars2 is laser scanned.
    I'm not lacking content, but rather time to try the content I already own and I don't play only rF2.
    Still I would buy it to support rF2, but I almost lost fatih in S397. The development seems so slow, and they don't address long standing issues people keep repeating on various forums. They seem deaf to most criticism and completely ignore this official forum. Instead they keep releasing new, overpriced content, which is often not bug/issue free. It seems like they now focus on e-sports, overlays and graphics etc. I know it's a small company and they have to get enough income to survive, but it's frustrating. I really hope the recent big e-sport events will attract new users. I'm glad they they finally fixed GTE cars which were broken for a year or so, but I wonder how much more time would it take if it weren't for the official LM24 virtual race.

I'll wait for June roadmap which should be released tomorrow and then decide what to buy:)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered