HELP...how to delete the old "Silverstone"

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Germano Cervini, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

Good morning, after yesterday's upgrade, see inside the game, 2 Silverstone circuits, the old one and the new one, how do you erase the old one? who tells me the procedure? thank you

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It is now a permanent part of the core rFactor2. If you unsubscribe, Steam will put it back in automatically. The only way to stop Steam is to turn off automatic updates in Steam.

3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

As a first step, i would suggest to check if you have a mod (virtual mod / race event) installed, that uses the old silverstone version.
    If there is one, uninstall it.
    And then i would simply delete the folders of the old version in the installed folder, which is here
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations
    Delete all silverstone subfolders with other numbers than 2.02

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

thank you so much, should I also do with other circuits? like zandword, etc?

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

It still seems, as if a component, that is used by a mod, don't gets updated properly, if an update is available.
    If you should uninstall mods or delete old component versions by hand, depends on how you use them.
    If you, for example, drive in a league, you should keep the content that the league uses.
    The other thing is, that everytime you join a public server, you get a mod installed.
    So it sometimes can be senseful to check what is installed and what can be uninstalled/removed.
    In any case you should check it, when you notice that a component wasn't updated properly, like it was with silverstone.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hey guys are I have not been able delete the old Silverstone either but cannot delete anything from the new UI either, how do I delete cars and tracks in new UI? When I go to packages everything is greyed out except refresh, even on mods that were added manually and not through the workshop. Cheers

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Read my above post and what i have written for tracks there, can also be done in the same way for cars.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

What is a virtual mod and how would I know if I have one? I have manually deleted the Silverstone 1.86 folder numerous times but it keeps coming back.

9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Anything that has "rfmod" in your packages folder. Once in your packages folder click type column to line everything up, as you may have tons of stuff installed like most users. A rfmod you have is still using the other Silverstone, thats why it keeps re-installing after you delete it.

10. Filip

Filip Registered

Packages folder is not relevant.
    It can be empty and you could still have hundreds of mods.