Well I've gone and done it....Fanatec

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jun 24, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have been without most of my racing hardware since late February when I left a pan on the stove and almost burned down the house we were renting. My Thrustmaster TS-PC stopped working and the insurance wouldn't replace that individually, so I had to wait for a final settlement of all our smoke damaged food/clothes/furniture etc.
    Trying to find an exact replacement was difficult, Most places were out of stock or charging nearly double what I paid for the wheel/pedals. So once the insurance check came in, I grabbed the Clubsport pedals and base with that outlandish 97 button formula wheel. (shssshhh, don't tell the wife...) Covid will probably delay the delivery, but I hope sometime this summer to finally try the 488 sitting in the garage.
    I don't have a sim/cockpit, heck I don't even have a desk right now, just a plank of wood stretched over two kitchen type free-standing shelving units. (about a quarter inch off in height btw) But now I have to go back and read all those Fanatec threads I've ignored over the years....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Alex72, t0p5ecret, coltair and 6 others like this.
  2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Meanwhile your wife would have been frittering away that insurance on luxuries sych as a way to cook food.

I bet your land lord loves you (not).

3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate glad to see you are back after the fire and cleanup!

davehenrie likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

still have some time to wait, the steering base won't be available til the end of July..

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Oh man that formula rim seems mighty awesome *drool*. :D BTW is it DD base? Tell us all about it when you got it home and tested it. :)

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No, not DD, but double belt, I bailed on the Formula rim, hoping to speed up delivery, but the base is still back ordered.