Steam Summer Sale 2020!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

-1 for offering the two GT3 Packs only in one package and not separately :mad::rolleyes:

3. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

This is good for the new customer.

4. Lethal

Lethal Registered

I already have the GT3 Challengers Pack will I have to buy the package again?
    And who has the GT3 Pack will also have to buy again?
    :mad:

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Hmm.... Just went through a purchase, but didn't get the "Road Trip Special" applied. I thought maybe after i hit the authorize, it would just leave the $5 in my account, but it did not. Any ideas?

Capture1.JPG
    Capture.JPG

HomieFFM, Redglyph and Mauro like this.
  6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Same with the Endurance package :mad::mad::mad:

jlnprssnr, 2ndLastJedi and Lethal like this.
  7. rd.king

rd.king Registered

your extra content sale strategy is BS and does nothing for those that have previously supported your game.
    It has made any future support from me unlikely.

8. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

@rd.king why do you feel this way? I mean.. I don't think there's fresh new content in those packs that are on sale. Also I think if you are a supporter of this game, you should already have those products. This sale of course obviously aims at new players and it was suggested/demanded by the community very very often - to make packs and reduce the price, so more people can get premium content for affordable price.
    I've bought every single DLC (except Karts and Formula E) on day one when released and I honestly don't feel offended by this offer here.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

*hmmm... devil's in the details...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  10. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I was intrigued by the track pack but i have already bought nurburgring at full price...:D

11. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

I'm guessing it's because there is no single purchase of €30 or more. Yes I know the total was over that amount but I suspect it doesn't work that way.

12. Lethal

Lethal Registered

The problem is not to sell them all together, the problem is who bought a package only (both GT3 Pack and GT3 C.P.) and will have to buy it again!!
    Give discount to people who have separate packages, so it will be fair for everyone !!!

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

oh this FAIR stuff gets tiresome. There was a price set for the original track/tracks, cars/carpacks. You had the freedom of choice to buy one or none. Just because YOU purchased only one of the carsets YOU think YOU deserve a price break on the rest of the cars.(by YOU I mean folks going right back to the first release when some folks purchased just one car then wanted the set but felt cheated by having to pay a tiny premium over the price they could have received.) I purchased both GT3 packs when they came out..should I get a refund based on this summer sale repackaging? No, most certainly not. I made my purchase decision, I am responsible for what I spend money on, I don't go 'hat in hand' begging for a deal that doesn't exist. Good Golly folks, buy it or don't, but why whine about a choice YOU made?

David O'Reilly, philrob, evi and 7 others like this.
  14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think I have been quite supportive in the past and have been rewarded with the fanboy award quite a few times, but the whole DLC strategy, especialy how it was handled for this sale has just backfired perfectly and it's worser than worst of the worst. And the reason for this is quite simple: Why in gods name were old packs removed from the store page? I have been waiting for a discount for the Two Strong pack to get two cars that I was missing just to find out that I have to buy them seperately now or in a pack from wich I allready own 99,9 percent of the content for more money. Great ... I should just have purchased them 24 hours ago for 7,99 and be done with it or wait for the winter sale. :D

I mean, it's great that new customers are taken care off but why on earth are you punching long time users in the face on the other hand and throw your whole system over board while making it an even more untransparent mess. I don't get it. And this has nothing to do with an oversight, that's just bad, bad marketing strategy at it's bestest. Who came up with this idea? Unless the old packs aren't brought back to the store page within the next few days you basicly will see zero money from one of your long time supporters and I suspect that I am not the only one facing a similar issue. The only positive thing would be if the Ferrari was in the Endurance bundle wich it isn't.

Am I missing something? o_O

15. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Same here, although a friend who bought exactly the same content received his discount.
    I guess something is bugged....

HomieFFM likes this.
  16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The problem is that the old car packs aren't there anymore. I have no idea how people can oversee this and you can say what you want. Stuff like this makes devs like Kunos or Reiza and even iRacing gaining an edge in terms of customer support if you like it or not. People wonder how 8000 people were playing AC in April - there you go. With how things have been changed here, I have zero confidence in any of my purchases. Now one could argue that I only have to waste 1 Euro wich quite frankly isn't much and not really my problem, but it seems that with such changes any logic in terms of content offerings and how they are handled with some nice common sense were just thrown out of the window.

17. Lethal

Lethal Registered

Ferrari 488 GTE is not in the Endurance Bundle ... HOW SO!?!?!

18. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

Are you telling me that you waited all this time to get the summer sale discount for two cars pack that costed €8? I don't think long time supporters do that :) But that's just me, I might be wrong..

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's the whole point of a DLC system especialy if it is offered in modular fasion. I infact have been waiting for those two cars because that's how the whole pack system was setup until today, and I even would have been fine if they were still offered as a pack with their normal price. But they aren't and I have to spent more money now wich makes the whole sale and everything how it was setup before completely useless. Same could be said for people who only bought one of the GT3 packs wich makes the whole issue even more apparent. I've been purchasing DLCs and games for the last 15 years via steam and I haven't seen anything like this before. Who will promise me that those packs that are now in the shop will stay as they are? You can call it how ever you want, but stuff like this will not help to build up a good image and build a solid userbase. Mark my words ;)

The content updates and everything else are fantastic, but this sale and pack distribution system is not and it needs to be said.

20. Lethal

Lethal Registered

It is missing a package for the purchase of all the game's content, where those who have one, two, five items, for example, they will receive a discount for having purchased it before !!!

jlnprssnr, EsxPaul and Schumi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.