[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can use r2la Championship Manager to track points. But r2la can not help with making AI drivers consistent from race to race. That is rFactors task, which it can not do easily for all mods.

I know and use one method that works for mods where cars have assigned drivers in mod files (I don't know which files, I don't mod): you must count number of cars in the mod and set AI number to that value minus 1 (for you car). For example, FE 2020 has 24 cars in the list in menu, set AI to 23 for every race. For Enduracers Endurance mod it also works if you count amount of AI cars in opponents selector when you select some season filter. I don't have IMSA mod, so don't know how it is structured.

Another method is loading a track with zero AI. Then using "Add AI" button and add AI cars one by one. As far as I remember you have to make sure that you add unique AI cars, no car duplicates. I run GT3 season with AI this way, added as many AI cars of one make as there are skins. Did not add car with my selected skin. This is not very easy, because if you have to leave the track to make some changes in menu, you will have to add AI one by one again.

Third method involves editing and creating mod files, I don't know about that.

2. kartname

kartname Registered

Hi, sorry again .. I tried to insert the code in my site to display the data of your program but I just couldn't, I am not able, I do another job myself, my site (https: // www. gtsracing.it/stream.
    html) is structured on the joomla CMS and allows a lot of things but I just couldn't get it to work with your program. If I create a Test account on my site so that you can log in, would you be kind enough to help me?

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

If you inserted code example from r2la help page it will not show you anything except data in JS console. It will not embed r2la's LiveTiming widget on your page, I'm repeating this just so we clear. It just gives developers access to same data stream that my LiveTiming page is using, to show some live data in their pages. But that's just data. I will not be able to write a custom LiveTiming page/widget to show that data for you. It took me several month to do it for r2la. And I don't know anything about Joomla. I think for you its just best to give people link to hosted r2la LiveTiming page.

4. kartname

kartname Registered

Ok, maybe I solved it but another small problem comes up. Is it possible to make the connection secure in https?

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

To host r2la server on https you will need to have valid ssl certificate (server.crt and server.key files, you can put them in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.33\web2py folder). Run web2py.exe with this parameters:
    Code:
    web2py.exe -c server.crt -k server.key
    To host r2la with LiveTiming on https, add that parameters to third line in r2la_live_timing.bat, it will look like this:
    Code:
    start web2py.exe -c server.crt -k server.key

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  6. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Hi Nibo,
    What would the chances be to create a seperate table that references the .rcd file of both the human and ai driver and compiles a master record. Example say Driver A in the rcd file has the following statistics prior to Race 1: It would update after each race.
    Driver A
    {
    Nationality = Australian
    DateofBirth = 01-7-1989
    Starts = 62
    Poles = 0
    Wins = 3
    DriversChampionships = 0

When the season finishes it would like:
    Nationality = Australian
    DateofBirth = 01-7-1989
    Starts = 82
    Poles = 4
    Wins = 1
    DriversChampionships = 0

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No. All mod files are inside mas files as far as I know, I can not access them. And overall that's too complicated task.

buzz hornet likes this.
  8. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

No worries - thanks Mate

9. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi Nibo !

I'm currently trying to do some cleaning in xml files and ones assigned to championships. So in results viewer, I tried to filter first: can "name server" and "assigned to championships" be added to filter ? Maybe i button 'remove logs not assigned' can be added aside 'remove logs with no time set' ?

Another thing I tried is to select multiple results with 'select multiple' and to select the 50 files between 10th and 59th position in an easy way: for example: select the 10th, press shift key and select the 59th so then all the files between 10th and 59th are selected. Do you know if it is possible? maybe I try with wrong key combination.

Last thing, about championship manager, it should be nice to display championship rules in a tab with the point system a least.

Thanks for your work and still supporting R2LA !

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No there is no multiple selection with shift. It would be hard to add. Everything else I think I can do for next update.

11. DirkB

DirkB Registered

Hi, just found this and I try to get it to run under Linux using wine, but I always get an odbc error.
    Anybody here got this to work?
    Thanks a lot.

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

13. DirkB

DirkB Registered

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I have no experience with Linux, so I can not help you with this. Maybe contact FuNK! (author of that post) with PM.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to 2.058.34
    • Added "Server Name", "Assigned To Championship", "Not Assigned To Championship" and "Championship Name" filter options to Results Viewer filter.
    • Added "Select all" button to Results Viewer to quickly select checkboxes for all logs in Viewer. It will be visible when "Select multiple" is pressed.
    • Added "Remove logs not assigned to championships" button to "Utils" drop-down menu in Results Viewer.
    • Added "Rules" tab to Championship page with some championship parameters and points system visible for non-admin users.

16. RoWo

RoWo Member

@Nibo
    Short question to your fantastic tool: What is this issue and how to solve it

Attached Files:

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not sure. Probably you have one really big log file or generally a lot of log files (>1000). Go to your log files directory and sort files by size, look at the size of biggest one.

RoWo likes this.
  18. Littlefysh

Littlefysh Registered

Hi Nibo

I'm using rf2la for single player championships in AMS1, with nearly no issue. However, I've had this issue pop up which prevents me from using this tool at all. The window which had the tool in the browser says the following when "Check for new logs" is pressed.

Internal error
    Ticket issued: r2la/127.0.0.1.2020-06-21.22-21-45.3e24b005-6ad9-40aa-aa25-71749ff640de

Nothing new shows in the terminal window, just the browser window changes with that message. I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome, but an attempt at using Firefox had the same results.

Many Thanks

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Littlefysh, zip your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.34\web2py\applications\r2la\errors folder and send it to me.

20. DirkB

DirkB Registered

updating wine to new devel version 5.11 and reinstalling the Linux unixodbc and libodbc packages resolved the issue.

Nibo likes this.