24hs of Le Mans (Live)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeraArg, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Now the ball is in iracing hands, they have to make the same event soon... I hope drivers will show more maturity than in Indianapolis 500 race. We will see if the event outcome will be as fun as it was in RF2.

atomed and David O'Reilly like this.
  2. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

I don't know what kind of server setup the ACO has set up. However, at the VEC livestreaming and the community races I attend, participants are suddenly I've never seen the phenomenon of turning into an AI. Therefore, should take into account the possibility that he accidentally pressed the button to switch to the AI, or that it was an excuse for his mistake.
    Of course, it could be a technical problem with S397(rFactor2).

I think it was also an issue that they haven't updated the notation, despite the fact that the recommended environment is much higher than it was when it was released. If the recommended environment was written in line with the current specifications, it might have reduced the incidence of trouble caused by the participants' environment.

It was personally surprising to me that Leclerc's graphic setup was worse than the average user.
    lec.png

Although there is already a successful online platform called iR, "24h Lemans Virtual" showed that there is also the possibility to rFactor2.I hope that S397 will identify and remedy the problems that caused the red flags. And I hope that it will gain the trust of many users.

atomed, pas74 and Mauro like this.
  3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

After suffering iRacing fanboy negativity for about 17 hrs on the stream chat I am resisting a temptation to troll their stream.

5. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

No point in sinking to their level. I think in this case they'll just beat you with experience.

The iRacing mob is constantly hating on anything that isn't iRacing, even going outside of their forums to do so. Currently two threads going on in their forums now talking about how rF2 is a failure. It is what is it.

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

iRacing forum talking about how rF2 is a failure: isn't that a big honor for rF2 (iR users spending a lot of their precious time to discuss about rF2)? BTW, when I was an iR member (still rF2 was my preferred platform by far) I experienced iR forum as very helpful and people there being very nice. I for sure wouldn't troll their 24h LeMans event.

Maybe on rF2 24h LeMans simracing event there were some iR users trolling rF2 on youtube broadcast chat. I have read youtube chat for almost 8 hours (6 hours after start and 2 hours before finish). The majority by far really liked watching the race. Maybe there were a few iR users trolling, but who knows. Anyway, trolling someones race is sh*t anyway, isn't it?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Pavel Tcholakov likes this.
  7. pas74

pas74 Registered

The same kind of bullshet happens in Facebook in italian's Rfactor2's group they trolls all the day...

8. Comante

Comante Registered

I steer away from italian communities , learned the lesson long time ago.
    (and I'm italian).

pkelly likes this.
  9. Emery

Emery Registered

It can happen when the driver entering to take the car doesn't follow the exact order required by rF2. They're not hitting "AI Takeover", but it's a user error that triggers a glitch and has to do with how you've entered the server. I've BTDT.

Pretty certain if one digs through the forum, one will find examples.

Edit: didn't take long... https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/driver-swap-issue.64754/#post-1021079

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  10. Binny

Binny Guest

Enjoyed the coverage, loved the graphics at some stages forgot they were not real so glad the eye candy is not over the top. Have to agree with a lot of ppl on the fact to many ppl were asking which sim so many thought it was iracing. My biggest ? is why this is not in public beta to iron out some of the issues b4 holding such a BIG event ? Not to sure what caused the AI issue but if it was something minor like pressing the wrong button maybe more tutorials on these types of things is needed from s397 as there is no manual for rf2.

11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The AI takes over bug was said to be ultimatively fixed last year
    https://www.studio-397.com/2019/08/build-1114/
    Now people encountered it in recent past and S397 did not react, like usual

Emery, avenger82 and CrimsonEminence like this.
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

The question is: Was "allow AI taking over the car" activated?

13. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

This would require "AI toggle" in the server options, no? Local setting should be ignored in mp, and default entering mp should be off too until it is cleared by server.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

If it was it would have been the answer to Robert Wickens problem, being unable to drive because of 100% FFB.

15. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I had the 100% FFB issue once. It was with an OSW 20 nm Mige and my normal settings are 50-55%. I was in a sweat after 2 laps, fortunately as tyre wore it reduced a bit. The cause was that I entered the server after ticking the wrong car. Although you are only in spectate mode it doesnt load your saved FFB % level if you enter in a different car.

atomed likes this.
  16. atomed

atomed Member

After a 24h LeMans with 100% FFB OSW, call your mortician.

Bidle likes this.
  17. Bidle

Bidle Registered

atomed likes this.